Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 08:20 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Then there was this time when obama gave the queen an ipod...
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Is this anywhere close to insulting the British by returning the bust of Winston Churchill to them? Talk about a political and international slap in the face to the Brits... That was embarrassing,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What did he do? Something childish and narcissistic like giving the queen an Ipod with his picture on it? Pretty hard to top that one.

Well, unless you blow off the funeral of the leader of the country, I guess that would be more embarrassing.
Captain, I'm detecting high levels of deflection in this sector!

Old 02-16-2015, 08:20 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
PLEASE go back to college and get a degree, Walker...
Jimmy Carter was one of our most educated presidents. That worked out great.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:26 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
In case you missed it, which you probably did, NYT Quietly Corrects Hit Piece on Scott Walker... and hit piece is exactly what it was

But in the meantime it's been repeated countless times to "journalists" around the world.

I think knowledgeiskey gleefully posted the original story when it first slithered out from under the rock.

First thing you guys on the left do is attack any religion, other than Islam of course, whenever the subject comes up. I am Catholic and while there are 66.6 million Catholics in the United States I have yet to find a single one, from the Pope in Rome on down, that does not believe in evolution. You can't find any either but in spite of this you slither out the same failed line over and over in hopes that if you repeat the lie enough times people will believe it.

Are there people who believe the earth is but 4,000 years old? Yeah, probably but the number is so small I doubt it would make any difference at all in any election and it isn't like one of them would vote Hillary if Walker disagreed.

Walker was there to sell Wisconsin cheese and that is what the people of Wisconsin paid him to do. They paid for the trip and it wasn't to further his political ambitions.
No! I'm shocked!

Perhaps they need to bring DWS back out to rant about the "giving women the back of his hand" nonsense.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The clown car parade went to London? Oh brother...
Yes, it is rather an odd tradition. The candidates all go to Europe to look "presidential" and to appear as if they are knowledgeable regarding foreign policy. Then they make some bonehead statements about science or 'no-go zones' and the Europeans look at them as 'odd' to say the least.

"For Christie, his troubles stemmed from a puzzlingly ambiguous comment about vaccinations that unleashed a firestorm of disapproval and quickly had the governor's aides scrambling to clarify his initial remarks. For Jindal, it was his condemnation of so-called "no-go" zones and "non-assimilation" of immigrants in Europe that had his critics agitated even after he was back on American soil."

It's like one big Monty Python skit.

Bobby Jindal doesn't know what he's talking about - CNN.com

Chris Christie's London Trip Goes Awry

Walker, in London, declines to talk about world affairs, evolution

Scott Walker faces the curse of London - CNN.com

Old 02-16-2015, 08:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Jebby will probably pick this Wisconsin lightweight as his running mate. So he'll have plenty of opportunities to embarrass himself in the future.

PLEASE go back to college and get a degree, Walker...
The last thing Jeb needs on his ticket is another middle-aged white guy. Didn't work out too well for Romney.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:01 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Captain, I'm detecting high levels of deflection in this sector!
Most wouldn't see this as a deflection but rather a COMPARISON...I know it is much easier to scream deflection at the top of your lungs, but when you look at what this administration has done in COMPARISON, the critique on Walker is laughable....

Old 02-16-2015, 09:03 PM

963 posts, read 689,656 times
You libbies think this is a tactic that'll work. Walker will get the last laugh. What you don''t get is how YOU are pissing off the average American with your snobbish/elitist attitude. You're never gonna see it, so just keep it up. AMERICANS can see what the "educated" (in their own eyes) have done to the country.

If Walker runs, he gets my vote above all others except Cruz. Either of these fine men are the ONLY ones capable and bold enough to take on the mess your "educated" Kenyan left us with.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Walker like most of the religious right think the earth is only 4000 years old. I cannot imagine why anyone would want him as President.
As a son of a baptist minister who now a nondenominational, evangelical.
Scott Walker learned early lessons at father's Iowa church

Both of these typically denounce the old earth theory because they believe it directly conflicts with their theology. If the earth is very old, animals and other lifeforms died before Adam sinned. Hence, the theology of original sin causing death goes out the window.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
That's garbage and you know it.

In case you missed it, which you probably did, NYT Quietly Corrects Hit Piece on Scott Walker... and hit piece is exactly what it was

But in the meantime it's been repeated countless times to "journalists" around the world.

I think knowledgeiskey gleefully posted the original story when it first slithered out from under the rock.

First thing you guys on the left do is attack any religion, other than Islam of course, whenever the subject comes up. I am Catholic and while there are 66.6 million Catholics in the United States I have yet to find a single one, from the Pope in Rome on down, that does not believe in evolution. You can't find any either but in spite of this you slither out the same failed line over and over in hopes that if you repeat the lie enough times people will believe it.

Are there people who believe the earth is but 4,000 years old? Yeah, probably but the number is so small I doubt it would make any difference at all in any election and it isn't like one of them would vote Hillary if Walker disagreed.

Walker was there to sell Wisconsin cheese and that is what the people of Wisconsin paid him to do. They paid for the trip and it wasn't to further his political ambitions.

Wait a minute!
Did Walker realize, before he tried to sell his cheese to England, that Cheese is a major export of the UK? Will Walker be selling ice to Canada next?

Quote:
British cheese exports are set to hit a record high this year as the world gains a taste for a traditional British product. The latest figures from HMRC show that as of September UK cheese exports have risen by 8.2%.
British cheese makers: Why even France wants a bite of our cheese | Guardian Small Business Network | The Guardian

Last edited by jojajn; 02-16-2015 at 09:46 PM..

Old 02-16-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes, it is rather an odd tradition. The candidates all go to Europe to look "presidential" and to appear as if they are knowledgeable regarding foreign policy. Then they make some bonehead statements about science or 'no-go zones' and the Europeans look at them as 'odd' to say the least.

"For Christie, his troubles stemmed from a puzzlingly ambiguous comment about vaccinations that unleashed a firestorm of disapproval and quickly had the governor's aides scrambling to clarify his initial remarks. For Jindal, it was his condemnation of so-called "no-go" zones and "non-assimilation" of immigrants in Europe that had his critics agitated even after he was back on American soil."

It's like one big Monty Python skit.

Bobby Jindal doesn't know what he's talking about - CNN.com

Chris Christie's London Trip Goes Awry

Walker, in London, declines to talk about world affairs, evolution

Scott Walker faces the curse of London - CNN.com
Don't forget about Mitt Romney criticizing London's preparations for the Summer Olympics.
Romney Criticizes Olympic Preparation While Visiting London | Neon Tommy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies