Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 07:28 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
Whoops, sorry but I couldn't let the thread progress without correcting your term "" immigrants"".
The correct term is ""illegal immigrants"" .

Please continue.
Sorry if I lost you there. I thought everyone knew what this was about.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-17-2015 at 07:39 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 07:36 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This argument has preceded the 2014 elections. Even those who might believe in reform don't trust Obama.

Unfortunately, the beneficiaries of this will be someone like Jeb Bush.
Yes, Jebser is fiercely pro-illegal immigration, so he might be able to find a way to reap some of the benefits too.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:16 AM

187 posts, read 195,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sorry if I lost you there. I thought everyone knew what this was about.
Not a problem I just that I would keep the conversation free of spin. Remember now, illegal immigrants""

Ok?? .

Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not to judges specifically, but to anyone willing to oppose the action. It will be used against the GOP in 2016 to make them look hostile toward hispanics. Obviously the whole thing was more about winning in 2016 than about the immigrants. You didn't know?
Who took in the central american kids who crossed the border illegally, alone, just a few months ago? It wasn't the liberal states. colorado, connecticut, delaware, massachusetts and others, remembering off the top of my head, refused to help with housing or medical care for these illegal children. So much for liberal compassion for illegal immigrants or "the children". Liberal states refused. Texas republicans didn't.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 AM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Claim it back from whom? The five million people who are affected, and who aren't going anywhere? Them are some tough illegals, claiming the country from the 300 million rest of us. Damn, those bastards.

The ball isn't rolling anywhere but through the tedium of the courts. In the end, if Obama loses, things will be just as they were before the EO. In other words, the same as they've been. Nope, nothing being claimed or claimed back.
Wrong! At least if this injunction is upheld it stops legitimizing and rewarding for entering our country illegally which is what Obama did with his EO on this issue. They can go back into the damned shadows without their work permits and we will continue to fight to weed them out thru e-verify, denying them benefits and ending birthright citizenship for their kids. This fight has only begun and will only accelerate once Obama is out of office.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:00 AM

How in the world is enforcement of our immigration laws viewed as being hostile towards Hispanics? Mexicans and other Latinos hold the highest quotas for legal immigration and family reunifications in our county by far. By the way, it isn't only they that are here illegally. So, Hispanic voters think that their ethnic group is above our immigration laws and if you don't agree you are being hostile towards them? WTH?? Aren't Hispanic-Americans obligated to honor our laws just like everyone else or do they think they are special? And by the way, illegal aliens are "immigrants".

Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If this is upheld we can look forward to real immigration reform

I look forward to hearing from the current congress and their plans for reform.
Reform? Amnesty isn't "reform".

Old 02-17-2015, 09:17 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think you've totally missed the significance of this. I think what was meant was, to "claim back" the country from a tyrannical, dictator, who thinks he is King, above the law, and "can do whatever [he] wants" (his words).
But I thought you want Obama to do something about ISIS even though he already asked Congress as the law requires. So do you want a king or dictator or not? Because we have seen on this forum and from many conservative voices before that many of you all seem to be hot for King Abdullah and Putin. The rest of us just want you to make up your minds, the constant flipflopping is giving is whiplash.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:18 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
"Same as they've been", is better than what Obama had planned. Oh and, who says they aren't going anywhere? That is also very well up in the air right now and this may be the first set in finally deporting many of them back where they belong....
Won't happen as long as Obama is in office, or any Democrat for that matter.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who took in the central american kids who crossed the border illegally, alone, just a few months ago? It wasn't the liberal states. colorado, connecticut, delaware, massachusetts and others, remembering off the top of my head, refused to help with housing or medical care for these illegal children. So much for liberal compassion for illegal immigrants or "the children". Liberal states refused. Texas republicans didn't.
The "top of your head" recollection is wrong:

Unaccompanied immigrant kids come to Colorado

Forces mobilize in Colorado to help unaccompanied immigrant children - The Denver Post

As for the ruling, meaningless in the larger scheme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies