Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yeah, great plan except it's not his plan. If it was he would have shipped arms/ammunition by the boatloads to those groups (which is what they've been begging for) instead of the cases of MRE's.
What does he expect 'em to do? Toss crackers or chipped beef at ISIS?
You honestly don't keep up, do you? Have you got any idea what the troops Obama has sent back into Iraq are doing? Let me tell you: They're training, arming and equipping the Iraqi army and the Peshmerga.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
You've got the first part of that statement right, and you've got the second part wrong.

Really? Then what do they think he's doing wrong?

Old 02-18-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
And that strategy seems to be working really well. They've increased their beheadings, started burning people alive, and have some of our own troops surrounded in Northern Iraq.

With such a sound strategy in place, I can't for the life of me figure out why ISIS, or ISIL, whatever you call them, hasn't just laid down their arms and given up. Probably because we haven't offered them any of those shovel ready jobs yet....so I'm sure the problem will be solved momentarily.

SS

No, they don't have our troops "surrounded." They're 8 miles away. And, there have been some successes, notably around Mosul and the Mosul dam and inside Syria.

Nobody said it was going to be as easy as just rolling them up. ISIS is a little more sophisticated than that. They've dispersed their forces and guard their electronic footprint carefully. It's not as easy to find them as you seem to think. It will be done in the end, but it's not going to be tomorrow.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:04 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
The funny thing is, people don't realize that al-Baghdadi's rise to leadership has EVERYTHING to do with Bush policies.
I'll say it again: Of course, the popular thing today is to blame Obama for everything. ISIL's rise has more to do with Bush than any other American. Period.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
A few huh? Ok, just a couple questions...how many Muslims are there?

Let me answer for you....approximately 1,600,000,000

Another question....how many are extremists?

Another answer......the estimates range from 15-25%, which translates to roughly 180-300 Million.

Last question.....

Can I borrow a "few" dollars?

Thanks!

SS

Here's some better statistics for the subject of ISIS.

How many Muslims are there? Approximately 1.6 billion.

How many fighters is it estimated ISIS has? 10,000.

You do the math. What percentage is that?

Old 02-18-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
The funny thing is, people don't realize that al-Baghdadi's rise to leadership has EVERYTHING to do with Bush policies.
I'll say it again: Of course, the popular thing today is to blame Obama for everything. ISIL's rise has more to do with Bush than any other American. Period.
Bush and the House of Saud. But, the Saudi's lost control of it and now want us to bail them out. Any self respecting Bush would be happy to do it because of the tight business and personal relations they have with the Saudi's. Thank goodness Obama doesn't.

And, you can thank Big Oil and fracking for giving Obama the energy independence he needs to tell the Saudi's to get in the fight or deal with the consequences themselves. The Saudi's can't force us to do their bidding anymore by threatening to cut off the oil.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:18 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
al-Baghdadi was merely an actor.

Senior Qaeda figure in Iraq a myth: U.S. military | Reuters

This is his third incarnation as the figurehead for Al Qaeda in Iraq (2004), Islamic State (2007), and Islamic State in Iraq and Levant (ISIL).

Old 02-18-2015, 11:24 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The right is busily trashing Obama over his ISIS strategy, as if he's done absolutely nothing so far. They seem to be all hot to send American troops back into another Middle Eastern war.

But, when you ask how many more American lives are they willing to give up, or how much they're willing to spend, or even more directly, how many of THEIR KIDS they're willing to lose.....it gets awfully quiet.
That's because it a pretty stupid question.
In fact, it's not a question at all is it? No. It's a statement, and a poor one at that.

No one is "willing" to lose their kids. No one at all.

But if things get bad - and they are not bad yet - you won't have to worry. No one will expect you to step up to the plate. We will look for you on the nightly news, though - slobbering and blubbering about all the "brave American heroes that gave so much for"....la-de-da-de-dah.......

Old 02-18-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That's because it a pretty stupid question.
In fact, it's not a question at all is it? No. It's a statement, and a poor one at that.

No one is "willing" to lose their kids. No one at all.

But if things get bad - and they are not bad yet - you won't have to worry. No one will expect you to step up to the plate. We will look for you on the nightly news, though - slobbering and blubbering about all the "brave American heroes that gave so much for"....la-de-da-de-dah.......

You've apparently mistaken me for that guy in the mirror. I'm 65 years old and did my time in combat when it was my turn. Did you?

Old 02-18-2015, 11:37 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Obama is in the 7th year of his Presidency and ISIL didn't exist when he took office. WWII was fought and won in less time than Obama has been around.

It's time for Obama to take some responsibility for his administration's policies and stop blaming his predecessors for it's failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies