Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:08 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,540,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The extremist sects of all Abrhamic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, tend to hold women responsible for men's lack of self control.
The "extreme" groups of some religions comprise a much larger segment of their population than the "extreme" groups of others.

In the US, you may have a group of 6 extremists traveling around the country demonstrating at funerals or hear about some church handling snakes, but you never see a crowd of a hundred or more stoning a woman to death for holding hands with a man who isn't her husband.

Do you see the difference? I'll just assume that you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 10:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a ridiculous extreme I'm thinking.
Arrested by the moral police for showing too much eye?? Sounds crazy to me but I wonder what they think about America and how we allow our teenage girls to go out and about dressed like hookers??

ISIS / America... a study in 2 ultimate extremes.
Guess you have never been to Ultra- Orthadox Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn. The Modesty Police are alive and well.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:11 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The "extreme" groups of some religions comprise a much larger segment of their population than the "extreme" groups of others.

In the US, you may have a group of 6 extremists traveling around the country demonstrating at funerals or hear about some church handling snakes, but you never see a crowd of a hundred or more stoning a woman to death for holding hands with a man who isn't her husband.

Oh the difference is understood but doesn't tow Dear Leader's talking points to his minions.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Guess you have never been to Ultra- Orthadox Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn. The Modesty Police are alive and well.
Jew Alert.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

" their population"

Who is them?

The majority of Muslim women in the world do not wear the burka. Nor do they require a male guardian to leave their home.

The Haredi in Israel, an Ultra- Orthadox Jewish sect , wear the burka.

Most Muslim majority countries do not condone stoning. Saudi Arabia, long time US ally, permits stoning. Go figure, eh.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:25 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,376,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
ISIS morality police arrest a woman wearing full burkha because her eyes were too exposed | Daily Mail Online

"I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you."
- Robin Williams

Robin Williams knew what was up. It's all about the eyes.

There's fashion advice in the Bible. I'm sure some don't care to follow it. - It's like the gay thing, that's bad because it's in the Bible that it's bad, but short hair, short skirts and makeup is fantastic - %&*($W the Bible and gimme what I want, even if it says that is bad, too.

Rules for Pentecostal Women (with Pictures) | eHow
Teacher Reads Sex Poem In Class And Quits | The Daily Caller

The story of Adam and eve. They got kicked out of the garden of eden because they put cloths on. Not for being naked. So if you want to get back to god then take your cloths off and feel no shame.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
Teacher Reads Sex Poem In Class And Quits | The Daily Caller

The story of Adam and eve. They got kicked out of the garden of eden because they put cloths on. Not for being naked. So if you want to get back to god then take your cloths off and feel no shame.
It's what I tell my wife sometimes as well.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,282,885 times
Quote:
The extremist sects of all Abrhamic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, tend to hold women responsible for men's lack of self control.
Yup, that's because such men are *ssholes.
Blame YOUR faults on the women you mistreat and suppress - the philosophy of the evil.
It's not MY fault I beat her up, she MADE me do it.
It's the oldest and most pitiful excuse in the book.

Ken

Old 02-18-2015, 11:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,113,068 times

Do they at least provide the women with free seeing eye dogs then??

Old 02-18-2015, 11:43 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,707,557 times
what beautiful eyes I cant control myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies