Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:26 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,826,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
USDA to Mexico: Illegal immigrants can have food stamps

USDA to Mexico: Illegal immigrants can have food stamps | WashingtonExaminer.com
From the article
You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.’”

which translates to
Usted no tiene que divulgue información sobre su estatus migratorio en la
búsqueda de este beneficio para sus hijos

What the document said. :
usted no tiene que proporcionar sobre su situacion migratoria al
solicitar este beneficio para sus hijos
You do not have to provide about your immigration status when applying for this benefit for their children.

Which is true. The children are legal. That title is trying to mislead people into a wrong direction of thought.
- that illegal immigrants get the food stamps. .

Illegal immigrant's CHILDREN can get stamps, because they are legal citizens. I guess, that yes, their illegal parents will get the EBT card and hold them and use them for the kids.....and technically "have them" but it's because a LEGAL citizen in their home legally got them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 10:45 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve6000 View Post
Too bad the OP's idea would be counter to the 13th Amendment of the US Constitution.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
To bad you don't understand the Constitution or slavery or apparently what work is. How is paying someone for doing a job slavery? If they don't want to work they don't have to, they just wouldn't be paid - just like everyone else. It's amazing how many people want something for nothing. NOTHING is 'free', someone else had to work to pay for it.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:51 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
From the article
You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.’”

which translates to
Usted no tiene que divulgue información sobre su estatus migratorio en la
búsqueda de este beneficio para sus hijos

What the document said. :
usted no tiene que proporcionar sobre su situacion migratoria al
solicitar este beneficio para sus hijos
You do not have to provide about your immigration status when applying for this benefit for their children.

Which is true. The children are legal. That title is trying to mislead people into a wrong direction of thought.
- that illegal immigrants get the food stamps. .

Illegal immigrant's CHILDREN can get stamps, because they are legal citizens. I guess, that yes, their illegal parents will get the EBT card and hold them and use them for the kids.....and technically "have them" but it's because a LEGAL citizen in their home legally got them.

Intellectually dishonest much?

Old 02-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Require and volunteer don't really go together. Maybe a link to the rules that you are citing would be helpful.

I dont have any link, its personal knowledge.

To live in government Housing in my area, you are required to volunteer 20 hours a month (4 hours a week) to continue to live there. There is a list of pre approved volunteer sites/events.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:22 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
It's time for those on welfare and those living on unemployment to get to work supporting the America that supports them. An easy fix would be to give them jobs rebuilding America's infrastructure.
BERNIE SANDERS: America's aging infrastructure slowing on neconomic growth - Washington Times
(That link asks you to answer two survey questions. I just random clicked it to see the article)

I don't know about you, but when I drive over that bridge or ride down that highway, I'd feel a warm sense of pride knowing that a former welfare queen was out there with her hard hat on, working for America and rebuilding our core infrastructure.

The sad truth is that the American Society of Civil Engineers gives the United States of America an overall grade of D-plus on the condition of our infrastructure. That doesn’t just mean roads and bridges. It also means airports, dams, drinking water, electrical grids, hazardous waste, inland waterways, levees, mass transit, ports, public parks, rail lines, schools, and solid waste and wastewater management. Only one of the 16 categories evaluated earned as high as a B-minus (solid waste), and just four others finished in the C range (bridges, ports, public parks and rail).
While unemployment has been falling, it is still much too high. In fact, as of December 2014, a shocking 17 million Americans were either without jobs, only marginally attached to the labor force, settling for part-time work when they wanted full-time jobs, or had become so discouraged by their prospects that they had left the workforce entirely. The economists are clear in telling us that the fastest way to create good-paying jobs is to rebuild our infrastructure. Let’s do it.

The best part of the plan is that those who are on any sort of welfare/Social Security/unemployment are ALREADY GETTING PAID, so that's just less money we'll need to pony up to get those slackers back fixing our electrical grids, drinking water facilities and dams.

You might think, "Welfare check gang bangers and/or Grandma working on my dam?" "Together?" and you'd be right! Get to work, welfare nation!

See? So simple!
Great. Work your ass off for 50 years , pay your taxes, raise your children and vote your conscience all your life and you end up with some clueless Bozo telling you that you have to haul bricks on some job site to get your Social Security check.
Might just as well call it the 'North Korean Senior Assistance Plan.' "No work, no rice".

how's somebody who just lost their job and on unemployment supposed to look for work when they're working at some infrastructure job site? How are they going to get there? By state funded transportation? Who's going to pay the bill?
Better to just have Congress do their job and fund an infrastructure bill and hire these people to get them off welfare. Obama has submitted quite a few infrastructure proposals to congress. As far as making me work for my social security check, F..k you. I've already worked and paid for my social security check.

Spiteful, hateful, idiot talk, if you ask me.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:24 AM

39,839 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
What does this have to do with why the GOP-controlled Congress refuses to fund infrastructure?
What happened to the nearly 1 trillion dollars in stimulus spending that was to go for infrastructure projects? Just where did that money go...if it didn't go where promised?

Old 02-18-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Every construction site has people who stand around holding signs like "SLOW" or "STOP". Don't need any skills to do that job. Or the landscaping that comes with many projects. Digging holes or moving dirt doesn't require skill either. Many of the jobs do, but there are always some that do not. Why not put people to work if we can?
What about the people doing those jobs right now? Every highway project has a s-ton of people paid upwards of $30 an hour to hold a 2-sided sign. Unions would scream bloody murder if you took their people off and put people on welfare there in return for their welfare check.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Too bad the OP's idea would be counter to the 13th Amendment of the US Constitution.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
And yet we put people in involuntary servitude constantly. That is what taxes are. There is no requirement that these people take these jobs, just as there is no constitutional requirement to provide welfare.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:22 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What happened to the nearly 1 trillion dollars in stimulus spending that was to go for infrastructure projects? Just where did that money go...if it didn't go where promised?
It went to campaign donors which is why something like this will never pass under Obama, positive or not.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:30 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Infrastructure is definitely what we should be doing. A, it needs to be fixed. B, it will put people to work in meaningful, productive jobs. C, it will help us recapture some of our technical and engineering know-how. D, delaying necessary repairs only makes things more costly.

The Chinese are crushing us on infrastructure and there will be a serious price to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies