Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 05:02 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
well i would want to be a dictator if i was president, so i'd remove all government opposition for starters. that's what i normally do when i play civ 4.
This is the route most people would go -- that's why those constitutional limits are in place. The only area you can really act like a dictator is in war -- since Nam Congress has pretty much ceded its power to wage to war to the president. Notice how many unnecessary and costly wars we've had since the 60s?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 05:09 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Interesting how so many confuse POTUS with Dictator.
Dictatorship is just one executive order away from POTUS and that is the first thing I would do.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:14 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Dictatorship is just one executive order away from POTUS.
Not really -- within days of that order being given the president would be forcibly removed from office. Presidents have to usurp power incrementally -- decade by decade, administration by administration. Now that the president can pretty much do what he wants with the military without a declaration of war he has an important piece of the dictator pie, but any president who tried to pass any law would learn quick, fast and in a hurry he has no power to do so.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:45 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Being President is a 7 day, 12 hour per day job. I do not play Golf.

Send to Congress a Resolution for Declaring Illegal Immigration a threat to the United States and request the authority to begin conscription for additional personnel and allocate monies for the duration until the estimated illegal aliens within the United States is at a set percentage of the population. In other words mobilize the nation ala Civil War, WW1, WW2 to remove most if not all illegals.

Restructure the Tax Code for less overall taxes across income ranges but also eliminate more exemptions and credits.

Discontinue enabling behaviors which are a burden on society. In other words more welfare Reform. Make birth control mandatory for women of childbearing age on welfare. Include trades training for males and females.

Identify key industries which have been offshored and enact a lost taxes tariff to include all linkages lost within the USA

Increase the price of a worker Visa to be equivalent to the amount of what a U.S. worker would cost in the hosting city.

Reduce Defense spending overall. Considerably pare down our bloated Officer Corps.

Amalgamate or simplify the structure of various intelligence agencies.

Have the FBI focus on Congressional corruption and similar for senior polticial office holders- Governors, State Repr., Judges, etc.

Establish an Economic watchdog Committee to note trends including unsafe practices so we do not have another 2008 panic.

I would add to set the budget along the more moderate grounds from all of those Federal Budget Simulators we have all worked through over the previous few years.

Establish a Committee to examine all of our trade agreements and note unfair practices on the part of participants or if the agreement is not equitable for the USA in terms of return

Send to the UN a Resolution declaring ISIL/ISIS an outlaw organization and recommend the establisment of an IMF to destroy it.

Make a habit of meeting weekly with the CEOs of the largerst companies in the USA + with small business owners + moderate size business owners to keep in touch with the needs of business across all levels. So that is 52+52+52 per year.

Regularly have conversations with members of the House of Reps. regarding their districts. as in above

Get out an meet people from all walks and talk to them about their lives as in above.

Make black on white crime a hate crime.

Provide the VP with the duty of organizing with Party leaders(both sides) so that rapproachment can be made on issues.

Stagger the minimum wage according to the reported revenue of the company. Small pizzeria less, Walmart -much more. Incuding a locality pay differential as is done with Fed workers- for example San Fran more Quitman, Ga less

Reform Federal organizations operating at a loss such as USPS, Amtrak, etc.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-21-2015 at 06:36 AM..

Old 02-21-2015, 06:11 AM

750 posts, read 643,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
What you're talking about is called absolute tyranny.

If you believe in those kinds of policies nobody would elect you.

If there were no election process and through some miracle you became president - with those kinds of policies somebody would assassinate you within the first week.

haha oh gosh. that had me rolling.

what exactly is the big deal with my proposals?

all would be for the better good of the US and society in general.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
If i became the President.....

1. Lift the sanctions off Russia
2. Force a ceasefire between Ukraine and Russia (Supporting the Russians)
3. Deport all illegal immigrants, get rid of 'sanctuary' cities
4. Reform the Immigration system
5. Reform the Tax system
6. Limit immigration to undeveloped immigration and encourage immigration from Europe, Russia, Australia and parts of Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay - the developed southern cone)
7. Start a government program to encourage more children being born in states with low birthrates e.g Maine, Pennsylvania, Iowa, West Virginia, Upstage NY etc....
8.Impose sanctions on China and provide financial aid to the overthrow of the one party dictatorship in china
9. Increase Military spending
10. stop spying on our allies
11. Increase NASA spending, start a colony on the Moon and on Mars, make space based weaponry
12. Establish a government health care system which is free
13. Abolish the Death penalty
14. Depose the north Korean leader
15. attempt to stop ISIS and other Muslim terrorist groups active worldwide
16. Do publicity stunts to increase my popularity
17. Provide financial aid to underdeveloped countries in Latin america and Eastern Europe and heavily invest in them (like the united states did with south korea and Japan)
18. Legalise same sex marriage in every state (love is love regardless of appearance, race or sex, get over it)
19. Build a highway and a railway from Alaska to Russia
20. bring as many people out of poverty as i can

My administration would be republican and conservative, although i would approve of some liberal views and values
Interesting.

Curious why you want to show favor and play soft to Russia?

100% agree about dealing with N. Korea. Can't believe it's year 2015 and the world lets a country / dictator completely oppress an entire nation.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
There will never be peace in the ME. The bomb is merely to completely destroy IS home base.

Simply make life a living hell for them.
WHY?

Why spend time/$$$/effort making somewhere a "living hell" when we could spend it making America a 'living heaven'?

Old 02-21-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHY?

Why spend time/$$$/effort making somewhere a "living hell" when we could spend it making America a 'living heaven'?
Why? Why allow an evil such as ISIS to have free rein and not face retribution? Our atomic bombs are simply collecting dust. Might as well use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies