Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 06:36 PM

500 posts, read 319,142 times

Advertisements

Many years ago when my mother was at college, a fellow student, who was muslim and claimed to be some kind of royalty (this was met with a good deal of scepticism among the student body), was scoffing at the anti Vietnam protests and said there were easier ways to "take" a country.

She said that a nation is easier to take from the inside and that, in fact, was what the arab nations were planning...making wars specifically to create thousands of refugees which the Western Nations would feel obligated to take in because of the shame they collectively felt after refusing Jewish refugees during WW11.

There was more but that was the gist of it. My mother thinks that long range plan is now working perfectly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 07:42 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Minnesota needs to stop bringing in so many refugees. I remember walking around the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood one afternoon for 30 minutes and I could not find anybody who spoke English. I call that part of Minneapolis, Little Mogadishu.
Yea like 5 years ago it was like that... its actually pretty nice now...

My only unusual experience was when they were all waiting in line when they were giving out obama phones in the kmart parking lot on lake street.... they were all over and i see one of them straight up casually dropping a deuce in the parking lot.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:47 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,375 times
I am in a high immigrant part of the country, and one thing I have heard Muslims say in conversations, on several different occasions, is how Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, and they can't wait until everyone is Muslim, so that everything can be the same. It's pretty frightening, actually.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
I am in a high immigrant part of the country, and one thing I have heard Muslims say in conversations, on several different occasions, is how Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, and they can't wait until everyone is Muslim, so that everything can be the same. It's pretty frightening, actually.
Yeah they don't know what they are talking about, it may be the fastest growing religion but they are like one percent of the population.

The Amish population of the US and Canada are going through a huge population growth, no one is worried about them taking over.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:11 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good grief!

Stop whining! I merely pointed out that other Muslims in the twin cities are not working with a man who is trying to stop kids from joining terror groups. Then you go on a rant about killing and jailing all Muslims. I don't know how in the world you came up with that from reading my comment. Grownups don't go on such irrelevant rants.

What good are these solutions if the Somali Muslims aren't even making their own efforts to keep their kids away from terror groups? It's as if they expect everybody else to do this for them. It doesn't work that way.
Fail, such obvious attempts at deflection only make people look more childish.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yeah they don't know what they are talking about, it may be the fastest growing religion but they are like one percent of the population.

The Amish population of the US and Canada are going through a huge population growth, no one is worried about them taking over.
They are for now, but as "refugees" continue to be imported here and dumped in our communities by the UN, I have to wonder how long it will be until they become enough of a majority that they start having Sharia law zones, like they already have in England.

It's scary and sad because we have advanced so far as a civilization under secularism, but Islam has not advanced at all. They actively suppress questioning of beliefs, they suppress free thought, free speech, artistic expression (hence why all their art is calligraphy), human rights, and experimentation. They never had a Renaissance or Enlightenment era in their 1400 years of existence. If they begin bullying everyone into submission using force, our future generations will end up living like it's the middle ages.

Whether you believe in evolution or not, Islam is not a highly advanced system of thinking. It's a backwards political ideology that uses violence to maintain order.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You need to open your heart and adopt a Somali family. It will make you feel good about yourself
Why not adopt an American family instead? There are plenty of impoverished American families, and orphaned children in the USA.

What is the obsession with helping people who are not American, when there are already so many Americans that are in need of help?

Why is it seen as more noble to bring impoverished people to the US, when we already have plenty of starving and impoverished Americans, living here already that need our help? Why are they ignored over foreign people that live in another country? Couldn't their own country maybe help them? Shouldn't we help our own citizens first?

Old 02-19-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
They are for now, but as "refugees" continue to be imported here and dumped in our communities by the UN, I have to wonder how long it will be until they become enough of a majority that they start having Sharia law zones, like they already have in England.

It's scary and sad because we have advanced so far as a civilization under secularism, but Islam has not advanced at all. They actively suppress questioning of beliefs, they suppress free thought, free speech, artistic expression (hence why all their art is calligraphy), human rights, and experimentation. They never had a Renaissance or Enlightenment era in their 1400 years of existence. If they begin bullying everyone into submission using force, our future generations will end up living like it's the middle ages.

Whether you believe in evolution or not, Islam is not a highly advanced system of thinking. It's a backwards political ideology that uses violence to maintain order.
This would not happen in the United States of America, we are fortunate enough to have the seperation of church and state / freedom of religion in our constitution.... these Muslims will be free to practice their religion but they won't be able to push their religion onto other people... both parties win....
one of the reasons why i am proud to be an American.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:43 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
NO, but if Muslims move to the USA and then send $ aid to terrorist organizations overseas, or they themselves leave to join said organizations, then those people are traitors to the USA and they should be imprisoned and tried for treason and sedition. They should not be allowed to live in our free, secular country, when they are actively supporting a fascist political movement.

Islam is not a religion. It's a dangerous political ideology disguised as a religion, and it's fascist in nature. We are seeing a repeat of Europe in the 1930's, and the media's refusal to admit what ISIS really is, is empowering ISIS and glamorizing them in the eyes of youth everywhere. ISIS are fascists.
I would certainly agree that anyone who commits any crime supporting terrorist activity should be punished to the full extent of the law, and I don't see anyone here saying otherwise. ISIS is a terrorist organization, unfortunately certain people, especially the young are going to be attracted to the violence, and perverted sense of purpose such an organization offers. No one thinks this community "soft" approach the only answer, but if it can stop some of these kids from joining, it's a worthwhile effort. The "hard" laws are already there too, this just gives parents another option that doesn't involve possibly sending their kids to prison for 15 years.

I don't believe it's yours, or anyone else's right to say what is a religion, but I do respect your freedom of speech to speak your mind about it. It's important to note that whether one agrees with a religion's principles, or not, our constitution guarantees all Americans freedom to practice religion as they see fit as long as they don't break any laws.

I don't like Islam, I disagree highly with many of it's tenets, and find much of it disgusting, but I will defend any muslims right to practice their religion because I believe in our constitution. I disturbed by how many people seem to forget that every American has these guaranteed rights.

Last edited by detshen; 02-19-2015 at 08:55 PM..

Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
Many years ago when my mother was at college, a fellow student, who was muslim and claimed to be some kind of royalty (this was met with a good deal of scepticism among the student body), was scoffing at the anti Vietnam protests and said there were easier ways to "take" a country.

She said that a nation is easier to take from the inside and that, in fact, was what the arab nations were planning...making wars specifically to create thousands of refugees which the Western Nations would feel obligated to take in because of the shame they collectively felt after refusing Jewish refugees during WW11.

There was more but that was the gist of it. My mother thinks that long range plan is now working perfectly.

Obviously. Perhaps even more worrisome than those that are coming from extremely undesirable areas such as Sub-Sahara and elsewhere is the flood of tens of millions from south of the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies