Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:51 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is there a reason why I should care who gives them, or any other politician, money?
If you don't understand the reason...please...don't vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Bill and Hillary Clinton are worth well into 9 figures, just like Mitt Romney. Their net worth is estimated to be about $150 million. In fact, they are in the top 1% of the top 1%.

Show us your taxes, Bill and Hillary Clinton!
And...in Hillary's words, "we were broke when we got into the White House."

Guess all those items they stole when they left the White House were worth a fortune.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if big politicians on both sides get mountains of foreign donations.

We really have no idea where the money in politics is coming from these days.
No, we don't, but as voters we can certainly NOT elect any recipient! Anyone thinking of voting for HC for president needs to do the research and see exactly why neither should ever be involved in politics again. The first time for both was detrimental to America. Let's not go for a second time. Geez!

Old 02-19-2015, 12:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Many dems whine constantly about AMERICAN corporations donating an yet, you have NO problem with FOREIGN money.
Should I be concerned about other people whine about?

Quote:
What is wrong with this picture?
The problem is that you are a political tribalist, and you assume everyone else is too.

I don't vote for Democrats, and I don't care what they whine about. You top priority is always to defend party lines, which is why you get stuck defending things you do not even believe in.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:03 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litefoot View Post
Foreign cash pours into Clinton family foundation

Who really runs the America government?

WASHINGTON — More than 40 percent of the top donors to the Clinton family foundation are based in foreign countries, which could lead to conflict-of-interest questions for Hillary Clinton as she prepares to launch her campaign for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination.
... more click link above ....
The left will not care because she is the next messiah
The press will ignore
She has so many warts that the way she wins is by having a complacent MSM,

Old 02-19-2015, 01:06 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Hey people. THIS IS A CHARITY, NOT A PAC.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:20 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is there a reason why I should care who gives them, or any other politician, money?

"I'll take 'Ignorance Is Bliss' for $2000, Alex."

Old 02-19-2015, 06:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The Obama administration was worried about this in 2008 and there was a ban on foreign donations for that foundation.
When Hillary left the State Dept the Foundation lifted the ban. At that time Hillary took a major role in its fundraising so now she's even more entrenched in this Foundation.
Now one of the key officers has resigned from the Foundation and he's expected to take on a key role for fund raising for Hillary in 2016. (Dennis Cheng).

Old 02-19-2015, 07:13 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Hey people. THIS IS A CHARITY, NOT A PAC.
So, you go to their website and click on their leadership team and see things like "Clinton Climate Initiative" and you think it's not politically oriented?

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/about/leadership-team

Just wander around there for a bit, you'll see the political ties, the reward jobs etc. It's a political charity.

P.S. I must say I love the irony that they have a program called "to small to fail" as a jab at the bailouts....and then your read the bios of their leadership team.....lmfao.....here are 3 of them...

Quote:
Andrew Kessel is the chief financial officer of the Clinton Foundation, ... has had a career of service in the corporate financial world, most recently with Barclays PLC as a managing director for nine years. He previously worked at Kidder Peabody and Co. and also in the capital markets division of Citibank
Quote:
Ami also has worked at JP Morgan
Quote:
Bob spent 22 years on Wall Street as an investment banker and attorney. In 1987, he joined Goldman Sachs, where he became a partner in its investment banking division

Old 02-19-2015, 07:39 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
So now the cons are crying about who donated to a ****ing charity?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies