Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:50 PM

501 posts, read 359,101 times

Advertisements

Oh and this? "The US may be a pretty good home to Jews today, but who knows what will happen in the future. History has shown that the only people who can be counted on to protect the Jews are Jews themselves"

Care to expand on "Who knows what will happen in the future" ? Sounds like you're implying some anti-Jewish pogrom in the middle of the US is a real possibility. Meanwhile, in the actually existing world that's occurring right now, Israel's leader is pushing the world to continue to strangle Iran, which Netanyahu views as an existential threat to Israel. Israel is running around assassinating people. This is actually happening and has happened. These are real threats. You're preferring real threats and violence over imaginary, US presumably Christian-led pogroms against Jewish people. It's just a bit nuts to me.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The Palestinians only have land if other nations are generous enough to give them some. The West Bank and Gaza strip belonged to Jordan and Egypt just a few decades ago. Why don't some of the Arab nations give them some land too? I'm sure if we look at historical maps, a lot of the region at some point in time was referred to as Palestine.
Hey you're really onto something. Now that we know Arabs should give land to other Arabs, maybe we can get the Jews living in America, home of most of the world's Jews, to give parts of their homes to Israelis. American Jews are some of the wealthiest people in the world, they've got a lot of wealth to spare. If they don't do it they are extremely selfish people. Extremely selfish!

That was sarcasm, Internet.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:53 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
I've seen this "Jews bought the land" claim before, and I saw an article debunking it quite effectively. I'd Google for it and present it to you but I suspect you wouldn't care to consider it for long anyway. EVEN if it was 100% true that ALL Jewish land had been bought by the Arabs, there's no way that justifies creating a country with its own military and government and borders. If it did justify this, then you'll have to agree that every Chinatown in the United States can become its own sovereign, Chinese speaking country. That every black majority neighborhood in the United States can form its own sovereign nation.

Zionism was the invasion, the removal of the Zionists and the British Empire is what the US should have helped the Arabs do. Should have just said "Hey Zionists, come to America! It's awesome here!" Why go to a region where people hate you and see you as land thieves and justifiably so?

I love how you say "The Middle East shouldn't be 100% Muslim controlled." And then you say "Why is that important to you?" Wow you really got me there man. I've been secretly holding my pro-Muslim, pro-caliphate agenda from the forum goers, and you blew the lid off of my operation. Or, maybe it's because I don't think colonialism is justified. Maybe I don't think the French belonged in Vietnam, or the British belonged in Palestine, or in India or Africa, or maybe I don't think the Spanish should've colonized the Philipinnes. And maybe, just maybe, I'm consistent about that kind of thing.

I just finished watching a PBS Frontline documentary about the mass suffering in North Korea. Defectors go to South Korea or China and that's it. They don't escape persecution and decide to create a North Korea Defector Country in the middle of Vietnam or Nebraska.
I have some tinfoil hats you may be interested in purchasing.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:58 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,572,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Go back?? Since Israel is nearly 70 years old, nearly all of it's current population was born in Israel. So the only place they belong is Israel.

Not true, emigrant still coming from eastern Europe , that's one of the reason Israel is expelling and stealing Palestinian farms and houses to make room for the new Israeli emigrant.

Most Israeli carry more than one passport so they can go back to their original countries, Palestine belongs to Palestinians !

Old 02-20-2015, 01:07 PM

862 posts, read 516,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post

Not true, emigrant still coming from eastern Europe , that's one of the reason Israel is expelling and stealing Palestinian farms and houses to make room for the new Israeli emigrant.

Most Israeli carry more than one passport so they can go back to their original countries, Palestine belongs to Palestinians !
I think you mean Jordan belongs to the Jordanians. Which it does.

No such thing as Palestinians or Palestine regardless of how many times you and your ilk try to say otherwise.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:07 PM

Yeah don't forget that Israel automatically offers citizenship to any Jew anywhere in the world.

But it's totally a multicultural, tolerant of everyone country guys. Even though it literally says on a daily basis that it's a Jewish state, and that Jews get automatic citizenship for their DNA strands.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,572,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
With what? When Hamas took control, they took away all weapons from the civilian population. If you look closely at the Hamas parades, most of the weapons they are marching with are wood replicas or Russian guns missing their bullet magazines missing.
That's the same Hamas that made Israel army tremble for a month, forced the closure of Ben Gurion airport !! not even mentioning Hezbollah who humiliated the Israeli army, the Israeli defense minister had to resign after the fiasco of the Israeli army invasion of Lebanon

I would say the incompetent Israeli army using replica of US army weapon was a failure, did not work very well for them , the Israeli apartheid army only alternative was to massacre Palestinian civilians.

862 posts, read 516,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
Yeah don't forget that Israel automatically offers citizenship to any Jew anywhere in the world.

But it's totally a multicultural, tolerant of everyone country guys. Even though it literally says on a daily basis that it's a Jewish state, and that Jews get automatic citizenship for their DNA strands.
Wahhh those mean jews and there sliver of land less the size of new jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I have some tinfoil hats you may be interested in purchasing.
Funny, a guy tells me that buying land means you can create a country on top of it, and I'm the one who needs tinfoil.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Wahhh those mean jews and there sliver of land less the size of new jersey.
Careful, arguing that the land is insignificantly small can cut both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies