Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 07:48 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,712,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Pot smokers can easily be violent criminals .... you might be a happy stoner... but from the crimes I see daily, violent offenders use marijuana right along with other drugs....and with new strains they can excite the senses,,, but if you're a doper aficionado you already know this
I'm part of the solution.. keeping my community safe for all., including stoners... who seemed to get ripped a lot during harvest time and are only too happy to call...I protect them too
if I had my way I'd put all the stoners in one place ..give them all the dope they want ... and watch them destroy their existence...actually since every puff kills brain cells you all are doing a nice job on your own
I don't hate people who use drugs ... I feel profound sadness for their misguided existence in the haze of smoke

I'm only too happy to go after those people you describe... seems like drugs and marijuana are an integral part of their existence as well

how many people commit violent crime while drinking wine, beer or mixed alcoholic drinks?? go after the ones that cause the problems and leave the rest alone.. most pot smokers and drinkers are responsible people.. why should the responsible users suffer for a few bad apples?? if one goes by your policies mind as well ban half the products and substances sold in the world because theirs always a few bad apples that abuse products, food, drugs and any other thing one can think of...

or attend thousands of hours of in service training have you? You haven't conducted thousands of marijuana investigations have you? Or had marijuana attornies try to pierce your expertise...

oh and by the way how do you find time to apprehend murders, rapist violent criminals when you spend time on thousands of marijuana investigations.. like I said before one colossal waste of time and revenue

Last edited by cruxan; 02-23-2015 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: added some rum..

Old 02-23-2015, 08:03 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,712,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Want a thread to bash alcohol, start one. I will say this, the alcohol genie was let out thousands of years ago.

I don't want another intoxicant legalized. Keep that genie bottled up.

I don't care what's worse than what. My brother made a conscious choice to stick a bottle in his mouth and never looked back.

I will now return to my rant against another intoxicant.

I have said my piece about alcohol and I will not repeat myself.

pot has been around longer than alcohol, alcohol takes more process to produce,, weed on the other hand is a direct intoxicant, one only has to eat a bud or smoke a dried bud with no real process..

I'm still waiting for your alcohol bashing thread!!!! your hate for weed is showing

Old 02-23-2015, 08:04 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,202,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Want a thread to bash alcohol, start one. I will say this, the alcohol genie was let out thousands of years ago.
12,000 years of cannabis right along side that alcohol too. It's nothing new.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:13 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,181,026 times
You pretty much have to be willfully ignorant about marijuana use to have an overly negative view / opinion on it.

People should be getting their panties in a wad over our Rx / big pharma drug problems, weed does not even deserve be on the radar.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-24-2015 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 02-23-2015, 08:19 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,029,166 times
I bet some members of congress smoke weed on the down low.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:20 PM

34,273 posts, read 19,324,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
12,000 years of cannabis right along side that alcohol too. It's nothing new.
No...no its not. do not mix the two. You wont enjoy it.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:25 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,202,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Huh?
Maybe because rx drug overdose accounts for more deaths/overdoses than cocaine, heroin and meth.

Also, big pharma lobbies to keep cannabis in the current status it is in. They fear that if someone can grow in their own back yard, something that can do what their expensive drugs can do, it will cripple their bank account.

Quote:
A close look at the broader political coalition lobbying against marijuana-law reform reveals many such conflicts of interest. In fact, the CADCA event was attended by representatives of a familiar confederation of anti-pot interests, many of whom have a financial stake in the status quo, including law enforcement agencies, pharmaceutical firms, and nonprofits funded by federal drug-prevention grants.
Pharmaceutical companies that make billions off painkillers and police unions are two big heavy hitters in the fight against marijuana legalization. They throw their monetary support behind groups that fight legislation that would legalize pot — even medical marijuana — and lobby Congress.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/polic...#ixzz3SdLCoMyN

Old 02-23-2015, 09:27 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,324,934 times
It would have been nice if the poster had elucidated his point, because he left it wide open for interpretation.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:28 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,582,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Fact of the matter is marijuana is infinitely less harmful to society compared to alcohol or tobacco, yet most of the weed alarmists have no issue with alcohol being legal. It makes no sense for alcohol to be legal and marijuana to not be. I don't even enjoy weed that much. Tried it once, wasn't for me. But legalizing it and other drugs has a much larger positive effect on society than negative.
But opponents against legalizing marijuana will tell you you're wrong. Marijuana is more harmful than alcohol in the sense as a social drinker you can have just one beer and be a only a little drunk, but you can't be just a little high by taking a drag from a joint.

Or in other words, this is how a Oklahoma congressman sees it: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capit...992e123d1.html

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 02-24-2015 at 01:26 AM..

Old 02-24-2015, 12:39 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,582,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Nope, potheads and stoners were the losers in High School. I didn't want to be associated with them.

And not everybody who drinks gets drunk. You can have a drink or two and feel fine.
That's why opponents against marijuana legalization say marijuana is more harmful than alcohol. But a lot of people have more than a drink, or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.