Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 01:48 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times

Advertisements

If you belonged to a law enforcement agency you wouldn't refer to cannabis as "dope." That's heroin.

Based on the thousands of hours of training you supposedly received you should at least of learned that.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So? Research has shown that over 50% of the people who have schizophrenia smoke cigarettes, so why don't you go away and launch a crusade to ban tobacco?
Because marijuana triggers schizophrenia and tobacco does not. I'm sorry you missed the point.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:08 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
So? Research has shown that over 50% of the people who have schizophrenia smoke cigarettes, so why don't you go away and launch a crusade to ban tobacco?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Because marijuana triggers schizophrenia and tobacco does not. I'm sorry you missed the point.
Pot goes to the brain and effects the brain cells.
Then there are some people walking around with poor decision makings. And it mimics depression etc.

More medical heath care needed from my and others hard working tax dollars.

It's interesting how one way to be tested for dope in a person is from their hair.

What time period does hair testing cover?
The typical length of head hair tested is 1½ inches from the root end. Since the average growth rate of human head hair is approximately ½ inch (1.3 cm) per month a hair analysis covers an approximate 90 day time frame. This time frame is an approximation only since an individual’s actual hair growth rate may vary from the average.
https://www.omegalabs.net/hair-testi...-services.cmsx

Old 02-24-2015, 06:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Pot smokers can easily be violent criminals .... you might be a happy stoner... but from the crimes I see daily, violent offenders use marijuana right along with other drugs....and with new strains they can excite the senses,,, but if you're a doper aficionado you already know this
I'm part of the solution.. keeping my community safe for all., including stoners... who seemed to get ripped a lot during harvest time and are only too happy to call...I protect them too
if I had my way I'd put all the stoners in one place ..give them all the dope they want ... and watch them destroy their existence...actually since every puff kills brain cells you all are doing a nice job on your own
I don't hate people who use drugs ... I feel profound sadness for their misguided existence in the haze of smoke

I'm only too happy to go after those people you describe... seems like drugs and marijuana are an integral part of their existence as well

So go after folks that commit violent crimes, and leave the many more alone that don't ! I have no issue with people having to deal with the consequences when their actions cause harm to another person. I feel the same way about someone who drinks and drives and kills someone, or the person who goes into a alchol induced rage! Or the heroin addict that knocks over a convenience store to get money to get his fix!

Old 02-24-2015, 06:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Huh?

Well, let's look at it shall we. In my state heroin use is a growing problem. More people died last year in my state from heroin and opiate overdoses than in car accidents. Heroin has made a huge comeback in recent years. When I was in high school in the 80s and 90s it wasn't even thought of other than we thought it was "such a 70s drug!" What I believe has caused it's resurgence is doctors prescribing prescription opiates for every little ache and pain. Due to an opiates potential for abuse, when folks can't get their pain meds through their doctors, they start resorting to the streets to find them, and when they can't, heroin is usually the next option. So yes, some blame does fall on the pharmaceutical industry and doctors peddling that toxic crap! As the poster you responded to alluded to, cannabis should not even be on the radar when it comes to issues with substance abuse! Nor should we continue with its prohibition! And as another poster said "we have bigger fish to fry!"

Old 02-24-2015, 06:17 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
It would have been nice if the poster had elucidated his point, because he left it wide open for interpretation.
Anyone that has some general knowledge of the drug issues facing this country would know. It's a HUGE problem that gets a free pass for a variety of BS reasons.

Quote:
But opponents against legalizing marijuana will tell you you're wrong. Marijuana is more harmful than alcohol in the sense as a social drinker you can have just one beer and be a only a little drunk, but you can't be just a little high by taking a drag from a joint.

Or in other words, this is how a Oklahoma congressman sees it: VIDEO: One toke? Over the line, says Congressman Markwayne Mullin - Tulsa World: Capitol Report
I take it you don't smoke pot That is categorically incorrect. Have you seen the tests where they gauge someone's ability to drive while high, and then sweep the results under the rug when they don't get the stats they want?

Old 02-24-2015, 06:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
If you belonged to a law enforcement agency you wouldn't refer to cannabis as "dope." That's heroin.

Based on the thousands of hours of training you supposedly received you should at least of learned that.
THC is scheduled as a narcotic..hence sleep producing or CNS depressant... try as you may to reclassify it...
Taken in large amounts and abused over time it can create changes within the brain.. some which are demonstrated to be permanent ...this is especially noticable in formative brains under 25 years old that can negatively effect the host... making them "dumber"... hence the word dope... or doper...

I assume you have had deep conversations with marijuana users... how did those go?... remember anything the next day.. did you build new neural pathways ?... highly doubtful..

Dope is my personal vernacular... and covers not only the drug but semantically the behavior. Doper per Webster is someone who illegally uses drugs... since I'm old school I will probably never find a better pc term such as person with desire to seek alternative realities

I suggest you reread your marijuana life monthly magazine..looking for substance and not just plant pictures
Thanks !

Last edited by notmeofficer; 02-24-2015 at 06:57 AM..

Old 02-24-2015, 06:45 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Anyone that has some general knowledge of the drug issues facing this country would know. It's a HUGE problem that gets a free pass for a variety of BS reasons.

I take it you don't smoke pot That is categorically incorrect. Have you seen the tests where they gauge someone's ability to drive while high, and then sweep the results under the rug when they don't get the stats they want?
States have been struggling with impairment... but 5 nanograms in the blood THC is shaping up to be the per se standard many legislatures are looking at. As field testing gets better and survives court challenges active residual smoke in the lungs.. say within the last hour may come into the matrix... but for now 5 ngm BC will be the standard ... for those of you that are heavy smokers and display goofy driving you too may get a DUI... even though you didnt toke just before or while driving

We regularly see mj drivers now actively smoking... because of their recommendations they feel its a get out of jail for free card... its no different than being on any drug that impairs driving

No keys when you say pass the joint please...
Let's habitate before we recreate

Fifty percent of DUI self reporting arrestees in my area state they use mj with alcohol when they recreate.... up from about 10 percent just several years ago...some of this is less fear to self report some of it is expanded mj use... none of that is positive

If you note my signature about 16000 joints.. that's the allowable amount for one person per year in California,my county, based upon minimal grow opportunities... to self produce...to smoke that much you would need to smoke constantly ... and many people do... as states recoil on how to deal with a whole host of people stoned is it no wonder there is push back ...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 02-24-2015 at 07:00 AM..

Old 02-24-2015, 07:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Latest poll results from Colorado:

"Quinnipiac University: "Colorado voters still strongly support legalization of recreational marijuana in the state, although only one in five voters admits to using marijuana since it became legal January 1, 2014....With noticeable gender and age gaps, voters support legalized recreational marijuana 58 – 38 percent."

HUFFPOLLSTER: Support For Legal Marijuana Remains Strong In Colorado

Interesting that only 1 in 5 admit to using. I suspect that is because there really hasn't been the wholesale rush to imbibe that people feared. Certainly hasn't encouraged usage for myself or anyone I know.
Much ado about nothing.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
[quote=notmeofficer;38571635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I doubt you are a DEA agent, officer, whatever...

But if what you said is true, I find it disgusting that my taxpayer dollars are being wasted training people to arrest their fellow citizens for not obeying unconstitutional laws.[

As I find it disgusting that people whine about being Ill when they are not... marijuana generation behavior ...

830 pc brainchild....figure it out ...some of us get extensively trained by national and not just local academies ... doubt what you like... .it has zero impact upon me..,

Pro dope people can only insult .. that is because you cannot effectively argue any positive aspects of expanded drug use ... at least not that makes sense to others who are responsible for effectively managing societies issues

These lawsuits came about because of behavior associated with marijuana use. Had the drug users been responsible there would have been no lawsuit.... however drug use and responsibility is an oxymoron

When marijuana restrictions and pushback occurs it is the acts of people who use it...

Guns don't kill..people do.. it's the action not the mechanism

Try looking in the mirror at your own behavior....are you proud of who you are when you are high... are you more productive..have epiphanies .... solve the world's problems.. increase the quality of life of the community you live in?

The self evident answer is a resounding... no
Hahaha, nice attempt at trying to convince people you're a cop. Not. Good job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies