Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 08:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,891,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I am working class...and I have not lost my insurance because of the Affordable Care Act, I honestly don't know one person who has - but I know that it has saved a lot of lives, because many people who could not get medical insurance before...now have it. Obamacare may not be perfect now, but it is a start in the right direction - you shouldn't have to receive a death sentence because you are poor, and your health fails...just like you shouldn't be forced into bankruptcy just because you get cancer.

Yes, I know China is one of the largest Polluters - but at least we have them finally acknowledging the problem and starting to correct it.

The GOP has gotten to the point that it wants to blame Obama for literally all the ills and wrongs in the world, and its almost laughable at this point.

Really? I was a Republican since the 1980's and first registered to vote, (but I always voted my conscience, not my party affiliation) but when Trump came on the scene, and all the bigotry and racism,
ignorance and intolerance became to much to bear, I switched parties. I can't understand how any woman could ever vote for him....I actually don't understand how any human period could vote for him...the party that I joined in the 1980's no longer exists - its just a tangled mess of ignorance and intolerance at this point.

You would do yourself some good to actually look up facts for yourself.....this is just nonsense.

643,000 Bankruptcies in the U.S. Every Year Due to Medical Bills : snopes.com
In short, using some very specific analyses, one could make the case that (at least within the last several years) about 643,000 Americans declared bankruptcy annually due to medical bills. But the accuracy of those analyses is open to question, the playing field has changed significantly since they were undertaken (due to the implementation of the ACA), and it's far from an absolute that the other countries listed in the meme experience zero medical-related bankruptcies.

Many and many bankruptcies are due to people taking on too much debt......you know the house they could not afford if things go bad. I lived in a second home area a couple of years ago and when the crash happened all those rich people walked away from big expensive homes and left the working people trying to survive. It was the rich walking away from their debt!

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/01/17/
Consumer price comparison site NerdWallet said its analysis suggests that healthy younger adults who go without insurance could on average spend up to five times less on health care than those who sign up in Affordable Care Act plans.
The site predicts that, despite a legal mandate to obtain coverage, many young adults will remain uninsured in 2014 because it is cheaper for them to pay their medical bills than to buy insurance. That's true, the company said, even if they are eligible for tax credits to offset the cost of coverage.
"It isn't just a 'young and reckless; mentality keeping so-called young invincibles from signing up," NerdWallet said. "Many young adults will follow a logical financial rationale for remaining uninsured in 2014."
That view conflicts with claims by federal officials, who this week said they expect a significant jump in the percentage of young adults buying plans by the March 31 deadline for open enrollment.

As of Dec. 28, just 24 percent of the 2.2 million enrollees were adults between 18 and 34, versus the 40 percent target officials are eyeing. They want more young adults in the risk pool to balance insurers' costs from older, sicker participants.
"Our analysis suggests that health insurance—even with subsidies' discounts—will be a tough sell to the healthy majority of young adults who would otherwise have very few health expenses," said Christina LaMontagne, health vice president at NerdWallet, which launched a health insurance buyer's guide this week.
"Many young, healthy adults will skip insurance in 2014, as their expected health needs won't justify insurance," she said.
NerdWallet found that a typical adult between 18 and 34 buying an ACA plan will pay $1,717 for health care this year—mostly in the form of premiums.
But the average young adult without coverage will pay just $348, which includes the price of going to the doctor, as needed, as well as the penalty for not having insurance. That penalty is $95 or 1 percent of taxable income, whichever is greater.

The savings continue even when factoring in an emergency room visit. One trip to the ER, added to the other health costs, would result in a total annual cost of $2,022 for an average, uninsured young adult—compared with $2,791 for one who is insured, the analysis found.

Anyone who believes China will go along with the interest of the USA doesn't understand changing of the Super Power. Dems have no problem claiming we are just like other countries, yet why do the elites from other countries come to the USA for medical services? Why do those in Canada come to the USA for medical issues and surgery?

You do know our debt to China is because of the cheap products we buy from them in advance......how is this helping lower our national debt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 04:29 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,167,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The left doesn't HATE America. The right wing is the party that wants to take away people's rights under the guise of freedom. It's more like religious reasons the right wing is so tenacious in trying to deny People their rights. If you think Trump ,a spoiled millionaire is going to help the average person, keep dreaming. Trump has promised a huge wall that will throw us further in debt. Remember how W. Said we wouldn't have to pay for the Iraq war? He said we would use Iraqs oil. Well, you saw how that turned out. Bush left office with this country almost in the worst depression we've ever seen. Obama is who brought things back. Not a Republican.
Congrats for telling the truth and sharing the facts! The truth hurts some right wingers, but the well being of all Americans is the priority, not their failed agenda. If Clinton is elected President on November 8, that will be 5 of the last 7 elections won by a Democratic candidate! If only they could have won the elections in 2000 and 2004 (both close ones), we would never have sunk that low in both our foreign policy and our economy.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:02 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,648,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Congrats for telling the truth and sharing the facts! The truth hurts some right wingers, but the well being of all Americans is the priority, not their failed agenda. If Clinton is elected President on November 8, that will be 5 of the last 7 elections won by a Democratic candidate! If only they could have won the elections in 2000 and 2004 (both close ones), we would never have sunk that low in both our foreign policy and our economy.
Dems had control of Congress for 57 out of the last 100 years. How come the country didn't do better than it has??? You think it will change with Hillary? Ha.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:28 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,167,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Dems had control of Congress for 57 out of the last 100 years. How come the country didn't do better than it has??? You think it will change with Hillary? Ha.
It did get better with Obama who rescued the economy from depression, where it basically was in 2008/early 2009. Plus, his administration killed Osama bin Laden.

Hillary's chances of success will be good if she consults with her excellent VP Tim Kaine (and her Cabinet people), who had an impressive record of accomplishment in Virginia and significant experience. If she goes the Trump route and think that she has all the answers without working with others, it will be less likely. Every indication so far is that it will be a team effort. Believe she has learned a lesson that regime change is not good foreign policy. At least she has not dissed our longstanding NATO alliance as Trump did. She also has not dissed women, the disabled, Mexicans, Native Americans and Muslims. Trump did. Trump has also stiffed contractors that helped him with business projects.

Now we are going back 100 years? LOL. Desperation tactic IMO. OK, we defeated Hitler and Japan in WW2 under a Democratic President. The Civil Rights Act was signed by a Democratic President in 1964. We were betrayed by both parties during the Vietnam War. A Republican President, Nixon, gave us Watergate, lied about Vietnam/Cambodia policy a few times, and resigned in shame. Another Republican President, Gerald Ford, pardoned him. Will admit Jimmy Carter was not a very good President, but at least he tried to be an ethical leader. Bill Clinton improved the economy significantly during his eight years in office. Then Bush was a disaster as was previously mentioned.

Having said all that, this thread was about Guiliani and his opinion about Obama. Believe there was enough information previously shared to discredit both his worldview and his flawed opinion of our President; you know...the one who approved the operation to kill bin Laden! Must not like America. LOL!

Have a nice day.

Last edited by chessgeek; 07-29-2016 at 05:47 PM..

Old 05-20-2018, 09:24 PM

34,652 posts, read 16,686,810 times
Fast forward.

Say what you want about Trump, he loves his country and its true allies.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:26 PM

923 posts, read 492,034 times
I believe Guiliani is wrong: I suspect Obama loves Kenya a great deal

Old 05-20-2018, 09:36 PM

34,652 posts, read 16,686,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
I believe Guiliani is wrong: I suspect Obama loves Kenya a great deal
I cannot stand Obama, but I believe this Kenyan nonsense needs to stop. He was born in Honolulu. There were contemporaneous news announcements.

I am more willing to believe he is a Muslim.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:46 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,750,527 times
Necromancer:

https://www.politicsforum.org/necromancer/

Old 05-20-2018, 10:00 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,727,829 times
Tin foil hats are on sale on Amazon.......... I disagree with everything about Trump but I have no doubt he loves America. Even if he is a Traitor.... Lol. It's all about the Benjamin's with him.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,539,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Fast forward.

Say what you want about Trump, he loves his country and its true allies.
Then why the hell did he drop his insistence that Obama was not born in Hawaii?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies