Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 01:57 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
It hasn't failed.
Another delusion.
Some folks are not worth your time.....

Old 02-20-2015, 01:59 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yet theories are just guesswork.
A scientific theory is not guesswork. You pretty much disqualify yourself from discussion with this statement.

Quote:
In order to have a test, you have to have a baseline temperature.

Who decided what is the baseline temperature? How did they come to that figure? I read conflicting reports from "experts" all professing they know the cause yet their theories cancel themselves out.

So what is a "normal" temperature.

I say no one really knows and so they crap out a figure, claim the next climate Armageddon is around the corner unless we "do something" yet the something escapes everyone except liberals who smell a new tax that they could impose.

Thus, the whole thing is nonsensical, no one knows what will really happen since all the predictions have epically failed.

So we are left with the earth heats and cools periodically.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:07 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Not only that...plants take in CO2 for photosynthesis and release O2 therefore better crop yields.
Time for a kiddies science lesson?

NASA's Climate Kids :: Plants And Animals

Old 02-20-2015, 03:07 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong. We will look back to the election of Barack Obama to the presidency in 2008 and realize, as He said, this was the moment the oceans stopped rising.

What more could we possibly need to do? Haven't we suffered enough already?
Even "The One" does not have that amount of power, which is why the actual quote was him slowing the rise of our oceans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tuAJkbUWU

Old 02-20-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yet theories are just guesswork.

In order to have a test, you have to have a baseline temperature.

Who decided what is the baseline temperature? How did they come to that figure? I read conflicting reports from "experts" all professing they know the cause yet their theories cancel themselves out.

So what is a "normal" temperature.

I say no one really knows and so they crap out a figure, claim the next climate Armageddon is around the corner unless we "do something" yet the something escapes everyone except liberals who smell a new tax that they could impose.

Thus, the whole thing is nonsensical, no one knows what will really happen since all the predictions have epically failed.

So we are left with the earth heats and cools periodically.
The tabloid press and science-denier conspiracy blogs are not 'experts'.

Try learning some basic science.

Here's the kiddie's version:

NASA's Climate Kids :: Weather And Climate

Old 02-20-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
I'm beginning to realize that every single one of your claims can be refuted by linking to sites for kids.

scientific theory --* Kids Encyclopedia | Children's Homework Help | Kids Online Dictionary | Britannica
I know, it's hilarious isn't it?

Old 02-20-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh gee, another idiotic climate change thread where both sides make their claims that only they understand the science, and then ignore all the science that matters.
Well no. You and the other climate science deniers only seem to be able to parrot pseudoscience nonsense from conspiracy blogs or the tabloid press.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No it's not...My post was to illustrate to the deniers whining about the weather in the northeast that because it is cold where they live, does not mean that it's cold everywhere.
Those are more less tongue in cheek comments. Because it was global warming alarmist side, who claimed our winters were going to be milder, warmer, and shorter. So any time some people can stick the cold, and the snow back in your faces, they will, because you guys claimed it was going to be all but a thing of the past.

Even the 2005 NASA article I posted claimed your dad's big snowy winters were a thing of the past, and they have been proven utterly wrong also. So pointing out these snow storms is an in your face to the man-made global warming scammers at NASA too.

The more we stuck it to you, the more you needed a different lie, exaggeration, and new cover-your-butt excuse, so you came up with climate change, and climate disruption, because your global warming shtick slipped on the ice and landed on its ass.

It's now you guys who try to refute the pause in climate warming by pointing to the odd week or month with a localized weather event, as if that were proof of man-made-climate-warming-disruption-weather-change.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Well no. You and the other climate science deniers only seem to be able to parrot pseudoscience nonsense from conspiracy blogs or the tabloid press.
We use NASA, NOOA, the MET Office and even the IPCC, you just refuse to acknowledge them, cuz you are a denier of the any science that even hints at disproving your man-made global warming scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies