Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
Hahahaha. Oh sure, I suppose the OP is a 20 year-old female immigrant from Somalia -- too strange to live, too rare to die. Naw, I'm sticking with old white guy -- I figure the odds are upwards of 90%.
Yeah; the odds are that the guys who crafted the constitution were "old white guys" too, but of course we'll give them a pass 'cause it's only these NEW "old white guys" that need to be ignored at all costs, eh scooter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 09:17 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yeah; the odds are that the guys who crafted the constitution were "old white guys" too, but of course we'll give them a pass 'cause it's only these NEW "old white guys" that need to be ignored at all costs, eh scooter?
Typical Liberal drone, these people vote Democrat because they truly believe that Democrats are for the common man. Most of these people don't even understand that the Democratic party never opposed slavery. The Democratic party relies on a lot of uneducated people + throw in some illegal immigrants, register some dead people to vote and thats how someone like Obama gets elected.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Typical Liberal drone, these people vote Democrat because they truly believe that Democrats are for the common man. Most of these people don't even understand that the Democratic party never opposed slavery. The Democratic party relies on a lot of uneducated people + throw in some illegal immigrants, register some dead people to vote and thats how someone like Obama gets elected.
Haar; anyone who differs from your obsessive compulsive, "by rote" screaming mantra is a "liberal drone".

You consign yourself to just being another "groupy" when you merely repeat the 'over rehearsed' ravings of the irrelevant automatons.

The real pity is that you cannot seem to see that the demonstrated capability of independent and individual thought comes with the requirement of actually practicing it. You've consigned yourself to one of only two camps. That's a pretty narrow and defined path followed by at least 50% of your compatriots, ergo: you're just another lemming-like "GROUPY".

Climb down off your soapbox now and join the rest of the independent thinkers who can propose and compromise on ideas and plans for the future....er......do you have any of those to discuss instead of this practised anti this, anti that nonsense while calling people names in the process?

Old 02-22-2015, 09:48 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The Democrats used to be conservative. It wasn't until the 20th century that we saw a change in the ideologies of the two parties. The Republicans were once considered liberal. Lincoln was a liberal.

Both parties rely on misinformation. Unless you're implying Democrats are the only elected leaders who have ever told a lie. Which would be hilarious given the president before Obama told his fair share of lies.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:06 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
There are only a few things I here I'd like to address:

Yeah, there was this guy called Jesus who had a similar idea. But he must be an idiot, liberal right?

I wouldn't go so far as to call America a bad country. But we, along with the west, have done quite a lot of harm.

Look at the Middle East. Since we've been there, things have gotten worse. Way worse. ISIS didn't exist 10 years ago and had we not gone on some silly crusade, they never would have existed. Had we backed off like we should have, Islamic Extremism wold stop targeting us. Do you know why Bin Laden hated America? Because we were to involved in Middle Eastern affairs. He wasn't ok with it and he was taking a stand. His methods were extreme, of course, and that doesn't justify what he did, but at the same time, is he wrong?

Imagine for a moment, if Russia occupied the US the way we occupy the ME. Russia didn't have to abide by our constitution, we wanted them gone but couldn't force them to leave, deaths of America civilians is considered collateral damage, and the 'patriots' (that's what we'd call ourselves) who formed militias to fight back would be labeled as terrorists. Think about it. And if you're wondering where this idea comes from, it comes from a Conservative named Ron Paul. You've probably heard of him.

As for Western civilization, yeah, there have been goods. Individual freedom, representative government, social justice and opportunity, and until 2001, privacy. But what about the rest of it?

I guess it depends where you start Western Civilization at. If we start as early as the fall of Rome, in 476 AD, I think you'll find that wester civilization wasn't all that great. Europe was by far the worst place on Earth to live. Low sanitation, wide spread poverty, and cruel treatment of people, like Jews who were constantly targeted by Christian in Europe.

If we start after the Crusades, around the time of the Renaissance, there's still wide spread poverty, 'lesser' people are still punished, and disease is still a constant problem. In fact, the sanitation issue wasn't really resolved until the late 1800-early 1900s. Then of course the two larges war in history happened within 50 years of each other, resulting in millions dead, the Holocaust, the rise of fascism, and Leninism, and the Cold War that followed.

But lets look at the 1400s, the start of the enlightenment. This is when good thing started happening. Nothing before was good. Everything was awful. Kings and for some reasons priests had political power. In the 1400s, people began questioning things. It started with the protestant reformation, which was the first step in secularism. So while I'm not fan of Martin Luther, who was a raging anti-semite, I like what he started. As this progressed, something else began happening: exploration. Colonization was spreading to Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas. So what did that mean: genocide, slavery, spread of disease, and general human brutality. Starting in the early 1500 to now, we've nearly killed every single Native American out there. Those that survived we either forced to assimilate or thrown into underfunded reservations. And that's just the US. It gets worse the farther south you go.

Not to mention, the Church (a product of the west) has been adamantly anti-science. It's less so today, and the Vatican does accept evolution (and I believe in 1990, the church even came out and said Galileo was wrong; as any great western ideal, we imprisoned him for saying something we didn't like...) but of course skeptics (idiots, as they should be called) still believe that evolution is impossible and the church doesn't do much to fight that type of thinking. But as I said, they'd been anti-science, killing scientists who disagreed with what the church decided was true.

The middle East and Africa are suffering due to poor policy. We drew fictional lines in the sand, put someone in charge, and left. The problem is, we didn't care to see where the lines should have been. So we put many warring tribes in the same country, put one in charge, and that's how we get genocides and civil wars. Similar issue with the Middle East. It intensified the Shiite-Sunni issue, and to this day, we continue to make matter worse.

And this is a short list. I could make an essay out of all the wrong Western Civilization had brought unto the world. I could also make an essay of what good they've done as well. The problem is when people only look at one. Like you're doing. It's 100% incorrect to claim the west is mostly good. It's not.

So, individual rights for American Christians but all other religions and cultures are lesser? That's a very... outdated and contradictory view.

Judeo-Christian is a modern term. The west was not influenced by Jews. They've been target number one for most of Europe's existence.
Wanted to 1+ your post but had to spread the love around excellent post that will most likely be ignored by everyone on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Actually Repubocrat it gets worse!!!!!!

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: [very nervous] Lord, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen... tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?
General Jack D. Ripper: [somewhat embarassed] Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.
General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.
General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.
General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

One way or another, THOSE COMMIES ARE GONNA GET YA!!!!!!!!!
the heck are you going on about?

Old 02-22-2015, 10:21 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A traditional marriage that has always been about a male, female union.
With the FATHER of the female deciding who she marrys and there was ALWAYS an exchange of property ...

Old 02-22-2015, 03:28 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Actually Repubocrat it gets worse!!!!!!

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: [very nervous] Lord, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen... tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?
General Jack D. Ripper: [somewhat embarassed] Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.
General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.
General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.
General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

One way or another, THOSE COMMIES ARE GONNA GET YA!!!!!!!!!
Col. Bat Guanno, "You know who you are going to answer to? The Coca Cola Company!"

Old 02-22-2015, 05:49 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
With the FATHER of the female deciding who she marrys and there was ALWAYS an exchange of property ...
So how many fathers decide that their daughters should marry another female and what the heck does that have to do with what we are talking about?

Old 02-22-2015, 05:55 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
The consolidation of power........more and more in the hands of government, less and less in the hands of the American people.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:00 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,772,773 times
tell me what is knew about it. That's been going on since the end of WW2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies