Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:14 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post

Any other conservative trash I need to take out in this thread for now.
You give yourself too much undeserved credit.

Garbage collectors actually provide a valuable service to society. People who only race bait with fallacy & nonsense don't. Here's a hint for you. It doesn't work here. The topic is about Voter ID & Democrats. You have yet to address it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 12:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,258 times
Quote:
I never said "all minorities are too dumb to get an ID card." Those are your words, I simply pointed out that in the south there was a history of not really caring about the minority population that resulted in people not getting birth records. Why New Photo ID Laws Mean Some Won't Vote : NPR Do you disagree?
That article is going to be relevant to <0.01% of the population. And again, why is it ok to charge over $100/yr for one right but say it needs to be open and free for another.

Also with the Tennesse laws:

Tennessee driver license with your photo
United States Passport
Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
Photo ID issued by the federal or Tennessee state government
United States Military photo ID
Tennessee handgun carry permit with your photo

According to Tenn. Law:

The second type is a "permanent identification license" that any person who is intellectually or physically disabled may obtain. In addition to presenting a positive proof of identity, they must submit a certified statement from a licensed doctor stating they are unable to operate a vehicle. Those who qualify for this ID may receive it free of charge. ID licenses issued in this manner do not expire.

OHH NOES!!! THE HORROR!... 30 seconds of internet searching!!!

Old 02-20-2015, 12:16 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
That article is going to be relevant to <0.01% of the population. And again, why is it ok to charge over $100/yr for one right but say it needs to be open and free for another.

Also with the Tennesse laws:

Tennessee driver license with your photo
United States Passport
Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
Photo ID issued by the federal or Tennessee state government
United States Military photo ID
Tennessee handgun carry permit with your photo

According to Tenn. Law:

The second type is a "permanent identification license" that any person who is intellectually or physically disabled may obtain. In addition to presenting a positive proof of identity, they must submit a certified statement from a licensed doctor stating they are unable to operate a vehicle. Those who qualify for this ID may receive it free of charge. ID licenses issued in this manner do not expire.

OHH NOES!!! THE HORROR!... 30 seconds of internet searching!!!
So you admit you are basically disinfranching .01% of the population to stop .0000001% of voter fraud. That seems logical to me.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:17 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
If a person doesn't have the wits about them to obtain a state issued ID card at their local DMV (a one hour process that costs a trivial amount) then they probably don't have any business deciding the direction that this country should be heading...
Agreed. But reality is even worse. Many of these folks don't care who is elected or why. They don't give a damn about politics, yet democrats (for some unknown reason) decided they must be their supporters...
And it's not blacks only. If you go to communities in KY or Appalachia, citizens have no idea who the candidates are and why vote for any of them.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You give yourself too much undeserved credit.

Garbage collectors actually provide a valuable service to society. People who only race bait with fallacy & nonsense don't. Here's a hint for you. It doesn't work here.
Again just for emphasis.

Quote:
Yet they seem to have no trouble proving it to get government assistance. I'm thinking this thing, about Black disenfranchisement, is mostly nonsense.
Calling out racism isn't race baiting when true. Most reasonable people would recognize the above statement as in fact racist since you are basically saying all black people are on public assistance. You clearly said the above statement unless someone hacked your account in which case I apologise.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
So you admit you are basically disinfranching .01% of the population to stop .0000001% of voter fraud. That seems logical to me.
He didn't say this at all.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:

Calling out racism isn't race baiting when true. Most reasonable people would recognize the above statement as in fact racist since you are basically saying all black people are on public assistance. You clearly said the above statement unless someone hacked your account in which case I apologise.
I clearly did not because I didn't say that. Those are your words. Take off those "I'm Black" glasses.

The problem with race baiters, and you just demonstrated it, is they first must invent a fallacy in order for it to even make sense.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Please find gun thread posts of mine that say that I want people to make trips to the DMV. Otherwise stop being baseless.
Posted already

You do this when you register to vote or in lieu of that during your first time voting. Why do you need to do it repeatedly except to stop people who can vote from voting?
Requiring an ID so you can vote is hardly stopping anyone, it is a requirement for a lot of things. In fact, many states have laws requiring you to prove who you say you are for a variety of reasons.

Students often do change residence every year, its called living in a dorm and people do get married. Those are facts. As to updating DMV addresses there is almost always an exception for students.
People will register for the dorm, though most just keep the parents address, ONCE in their career unless they continually move colleges. People will get married generally ONCE and most insurance, professional licensing, SS, etc require or ask for the change in paperwork.

Any other conservative trash I need to take out in this thread for now.
You haven't taken out anything.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
He didn't say this at all.
That is exactly what he said with some facts added. There were precisely 10 cases of in person voter fraud between 2000 and 2012.

Who Can Vote? - A News21 2012 National Project

Thus you are disinfranchising, assuming he researched his numbers instead of making them up which I find doubtful, <.01% of people to stop a rate of <.000001% voter fraud.

This is not a logical to any reasonable person with math skills.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
No, I state that the 0.01% of the population has to take an hour to ensure they can vote.

You state you are all for heavy-handed gun control, but aren't you being hypocritical in this? Why should I be required to prove I can own a gun every time I buy one, I have one already that is all that should be required to do according to you. I also should not need to prove who I am, or that I am legally allowed to own a firearm based on your fierce offense to requiring an ID.

Jesus, having to jump through hoops to get my NY pistol permit would probably force you to get all steamed up. It's only a few days required to take off work, hours of extra travel, hundreds of dollars, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies