Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 10:59 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,355,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
I wondered that myself...
Thank you for exposing your real reason for defending the doctors bigotry and unprofessional unethical behavior.

You think the parents are sexual deviants and deserve to be treated badly.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:02 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Another few pages and I've not got anyone (including the OP) to tell me what the point is here.

Post 108, OP.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:44 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,355,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Really? So you are an authority. Tell me more
Didn't you know? If you are a heterosexual girl living in 3000BC in Canaan and your parents sell you to the local pagan temple as a sacred prostitute to have sacred orgies in the pagan temples to worship Canaanite fertility gods, it will turn you into a lesbian forever. You will never be attracted to a man again or ever be able to fall in love with a man and you will go sex crazy and want to have sex with any woman you meet. You must have heard the old saying "Once you've worshipped an ancient Canaanite fertility god in a sacred sex orgy, you never go back". Right? The same thing with those 1st century Greek fertility gods in Corinthian pagan temples.

And that's how 21st century gay and lesbian people turn into homos. They are born heterosexual but their parents travel back thousands of years in a time machine to sell them as sacred temple prostitutes in ancient Canaan or 1st century Corinth where they have to engage in some sacred orgies in the pagan temples. Then they travel back to the 21st century completely changed into homos forever.... unless they pray hard enough to baby Jesus who will send them back in time before it ever happened. And hey presto! You will become ungay and be able to fall in love with a man again. Only one man mind you.

Or.... there is science like this:

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

and:

PET and MRI show differences in cerebral asymmetry and functional connectivity between homo- and heterosexual subjects
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20...66105.abstract

Old 02-21-2015, 11:49 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,181,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Detroit-Area Pediatrician Refuses To Care For Lesbian Couple’s Baby « CBS Detroit

"Jami and Krista Contreras ... brought their 6-day-old baby to Eastlake Pediatrics in Roseville for a checkup. But after waiting for their newborn’s first checkup, Dr. Vesna Roi refused to see them. Another doctor told the couple that Roi decided she couldn’t treat their baby because they are lesbians."

Dr. Roi later wrote them a letter (kind of) explaining and apologizing. I guess that makes it all better:

"After much prayer following your prenatal, I felt that I would not be able to develop the personal patient-doctor relationships that I normally do with my patients ... I should have spoken with you directly that day ... Please know that I believe that God gives us free choice and I would never judge anyone based on what they do with that free choice."

Should doctors be able to discriminate and not treat patients (or their children) on the basis of sexual orientation like the law allows them to do in many states such as Michigan? Or should gay people - like black people or Christian people - be protected under anti-discrimination laws?

Anti-discrimination laws usually don't apply specifically to doctors as doctors are given a wide berth when it comes to performing any kind of medical procedure. Due to the underlying principle that doctors are all entitled to their own medical opinions, any sort of legislation that would force them to treat anyone they don't want to or perform any medical procedure they don't want to is going to be problematic.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:19 AM

10,823 posts, read 14,900,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I would love for this doctor to point out where in her religious texts she is told that she cannot treat the child of a gay or lesbian couple. Can she also not treat families that do not follow her religious beliefs? What about - gasp - atheists?
This might come as a surprise to some members of the Gaystapo but many of us find the homosexual life style perverted, immoral, repugnant, disgusting, sickening and we would much rather live our lives having nothing to do with it.

Personally I don't like so called lifestyle and want nothing to do with it. That said it's simple really; you leave me alone to live my life as I choose and I will leave you alone to live yours.

But the Gaystapo is not content to live their lives as they choose they want, actually demand, that everyone accept to activity as normal or failure to do so will result in severe penalties.

Florist, 70, facing 'ruin' rejects state's '30 pieces of silver'

Quote:
A Washington state florist facing “ruin” for her decision not to support same-sex “marriage” through her business has rejected out of hand an offer to settle a state claim of discrimination against her.

As WND reported this week, Benton County Superior Court Judge Alex Ekstrom authorized the state and the homosexual plaintiffs to pursue the business and personal assets of Barronelle Stutzman, including her home, in payment of damages and attorneys’ fees.
How wonderful.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:23 AM

29,198 posts, read 22,269,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Doctors provide a service in exchange for money. Thus, they should be free to accept or refuse business based on whatever criteria they wish. I think it's dumb to turn down paying customers based on an externality that has no bearing on the service being performed, but I am a libertarian, and I believe in voluntary association...INCLUDING BUSINESS. The free market excels at punishing bad actors in the private business sphere, and everyone elft to their own devices would likely result in these two women giving that doctor all manner of well-deserved negative publicity, thus harming her future revenue based on her own voluntary choice. And for every one doctor out there unwilling to "form the relationship" with these women, probably a dozen are not only willing, but overjoyed at stealing some easy market share.
Not according to the Hippocratic Oath the doctor took. For centuries, doctors have sworn on their honor to treat the sick with no regard to their faith, color, nationality, wealth, or anything else.

No doctor should refuse to treat a sick child because of the child's parents. This goes against everything every doctor learns and lives by, as the child had no say about her parents, and her parents are not the ones who are sick. This is a very clear violation of her oath.

Personally, this story sounds as phony as a $3 dollar bill to me, and I don't believe it ever happened.

But, if on the extreme off chance that it's actually true, the doctor should, and probably will, lose her license to practice immediately.
Every doctor practices medicine only by obtaining a license to do so, and every license is issued by the State Medical Board, a private group of only doctors who have volunteered to be on the board as public servants in this capacity.

If the board recommends she lose her license, the state will pull it, period. That means the doctor will no longer be legally be allowed to prescribe medicines, operate or do any surgical procedures in hospitals or privately, and will not be recognized as a doctor of medicine in the state where she lives any longer.

Those prohibitions may be life long as well, depending on a particular board's rules and the state laws. Some medical laws are national as well and apply to all states.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:26 AM

29,469 posts, read 16,449,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Free to choose for all parties concerned.

Isnt that what most Liberals are about?

Pro-Choice?

Or is that only for convictions that you hold?
thats not what the debate is about as no one till the point of your post said the doctor didnt have that right, only that they believed it was wrong.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:33 AM

511 posts, read 507,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Thank you for exposing your real reason for defending the doctors bigotry and unprofessional unethical behavior.

You think the parents are sexual deviants and deserve to be treated badly.
Excuse me? now you say sexual deviants should be treated badly??

You think we, you and I, are not part of that group you so despise now Missy?

After you DARE to tell me...I cannot choose or not choose, my own doctor

And my Doctor cannot choose, me or not choose, me as her patient?

Keep spewing your NAZI GERMANY DICTATORSHIP

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-22-2015 at 03:16 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 02:45 AM

511 posts, read 507,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Really? So you are an authority. Tell me more
Excuse me? What in the world??

You tell me more oh self righteous one.... MRS. AUTHORITY HERE...of how you dare to suggest I have no right to choose my own doctor

And my Doctor has no right to choose me as her patient.

This is NOT a Third World Country.

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-22-2015 at 03:08 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 03:03 AM

963 posts, read 688,114 times
Default Thread is based oln a lie

Meanwhile, back on topic...

This entire thread is based on a damn LIE.

The doctor DID NOT refuse to "treat" the infant. That was the title of this misleading thread. He refused to accept these "parents" as new patients. The baby wasn't choking. The baby wasn't dying of cancer. The baby wasn't poisoned. The baby wasn't burned. They took the baby in for it's first CHECKUP!

Quote:
Jami and Krista Contreras, of Oak Park, brought their 6-day-old baby to Eastlake Pediatrics in Roseville for a checkup. But after waiting for their newborn’s first checkup, Dr. Vesna Roi refused to see them.

Last edited by carlbenator; 02-22-2015 at 03:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.