Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 10:34 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times

Advertisements

Conservative groups were definitely targeted over others. Lois Lerner pleading the 5th and the continual stonewalling was/is no coincidence. DailyKos, HuffPo, etc. of course try to explain that away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 11:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Conservative groups were definitely targeted over others. Lois Lerner pleading the 5th and the continual stonewalling was/is no coincidence. DailyKos, HuffPo, etc. of course try to explain that away.
By digging and looking into 501(C)s the problem could lie that the conservative groups were targeted for elections such as contributions to nominees or possible nominees, voter information that favors one candidate over another, the amount of lobbying they do, as well as the cost of form 1023 (10K or more being 850 vs 400 for under 10K.) I have a feeling for whatever reason there was a bigger red flag of conservative 501(C)s than most liberal 501(C)s.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Evidently not, case in point, Al Sharpton.
Ah! Al Sharpton negates everything. Mention Al Sharpton and eveyone goes home.

Debate over.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Miller View Post
I pay what I owe. The problem is I could enter one penny wrong and they'll come and take my house away.
You posted on the Work and Employment forum that you hope you get money from FAFSA so you can start college, so are you saying you do your own taxes and might have made a mistake?

You also posted there that you think it's smart to save your money by living with your parents instead of ever moving out, so you can retire when you're 40 - when you will kick them out, so what house are you talking about?

Old 02-23-2015, 05:11 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
I agree. The IRS employs 93000+ good for nothing, paper shuffling, career bureaucrats. The Government should put them on the list of terrorist groups.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:46 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
though I'm no fan of the IRS, I'd rather be in the custody of the IRS than ISIS. But I get your point, it's become a ppolitical arm of the Obama and the Liberals when it should be neutral on politics. When COnservatives get enough power, they'll return the favor to IRS and make them pay for their sins...until then claim you are a Liberal to avoid jail time.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Every day they hurt or ruin the lives of more Americans than either ISIS or Al Qaeda.
Oh, good grief....

The most important thing is to file every year you have income.

Keep records.........and I do not mean bags with little receipts.

An audit is not the end of the world.......(not a good time either).

But, all that will happen is they might disallow a deduction.

As long as you do not intend to not pay your tax bill......you will be fine.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Oh, good grief....

The most important thing is to file every year you have income.

Keep records.........and I do not mean bags with little receipts.

An audit is not the end of the world.......(not a good time either).

But, all that will happen is they might disallow a deduction.

As long as you do not intend to not pay your tax bill......you will be fine.
Yeah in MOST cases, you are not being hounded for tax evasion when you are getting audited unless your audit proves you had much more income than you reported. Most times, it's just they question deductions and credits you claimed. Say claiming the job search for your first job which technically is a no-no if you file taxes MAY get you audited. As I showed earlier, even for the one-percent, it's not an absolute that they get audited. It's not even one out of two (fairly close but less odds of that.)

Old 02-23-2015, 10:20 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Every day they hurt or ruin the lives of more Americans than either ISIS or Al Qaeda.
Sorry, hurt and ruin is NOT as bad as chopping off head and killing inocent women and children.

You have your priorities out of whack!

Old 02-24-2015, 03:59 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So, stop breaking tax laws? Pay what you owe and it won't be a problem.
In other words, bow down mundane and do as you're told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The IRS doesn't just randomly come in and take all your stuff.
You sure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies