Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 09:53 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,352,675 times

Advertisements

A few "Reaganisms" for you to enjoy. Got this in an e-mail this morning from a good friend. He wasn't called "The Great Communicator" for nothin'!

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose." - Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong." - Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress." - Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination." - Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." - Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program." - Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book." - Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

"An economist is someone who sees something happen and wonders whether it would work in theory." - Ronald Reagan

HAVE A GREAT DAY, CD'ers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,870,151 times
It is sad what neo-cons have doen to the Republican party.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,577,460 times
Beautiful!! Thanks so much for posting!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:22 AM

278 posts, read 908,594 times
The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

This has been a favorite of mine for years. I used to apply it as my signature quote. I'm sure there will be plenty of responses to this thread to prove this statement as being correct.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:47 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,406,452 times
The Gipper's Greatest Hits - Volume II

Trees cause more pollution than automobiles.

Ketchup is a vegetable.

We will cut taxes by 30 percent, increase defense spending by $750 billion, and achieve a balanced budget within three years.

In England, if a criminal carried a gun, even though he didn't use it, he was tried for first-degree murder and hung if he was found guilty.

At the end of World War II, I served as a photographer in a U.S. Army unit assigned to film Nazi death camps.

We did not--repeat, did not--trade weapons or anything else for hostages, nor will we.

All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk.

The proven potential for oil in Alaska alone is greater than the proven reserves in Saudi Arabia.

Because Vietnam was not a declared war, the veterans are not even eligible for the G. I. Bill of Rights with respect to education or anything.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,352,675 times
Sounds like someone's got a bad case of pissiness today! Ah well, I won't let it rain on my parade. Ronald Reagan was the greatest President of the 20th century, IMHO, and nothing you post, saganista, no matter how bad it makes you look in doing so, will ever change that.

(Also, you might want to check on some of those.)

Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,577,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
A few "Reaganisms" for you to enjoy. Got this in an e-mail this morning from a good friend. He wasn't called "The Great Communicator" for nothin'!

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose." - Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong." - Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress." - Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination." - Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other." - Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program." - Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book." - Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

"An economist is someone who sees something happen and wonders whether it would work in theory." - Ronald Reagan

HAVE A GREAT DAY, CD'ers!

Just wanted to pull your post up again!!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:10 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,264,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Sounds like someone's got a bad case of pissiness today! Ah well, I won't let it rain on my parade. Ronald Reagan was the greatest President of the 20th century, IMHO, and nothing you post, saganista, no matter how bad it makes you look in doing so, will ever change that.

(Also, you might want to check on some of those.)
Don't mind Saggy. He just feels guilty because we pay him to justify his job.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,647,528 times
Thanks for posting these! As I've said many times before, Reagan wouldn't recognize his own party today. He may not have been perfect, but he's easily the best president in my lifetime so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies