Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:04 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,487,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No dissenting voices allowed, say the warmists! Speak up at your own peril! We will destroy you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
He was caught red-handed and this is 'smearing'.
The warmists have been caught red handed, repeatedly.

The warmists have over 70 "scientific" models that they have used to base their theories on. These models predicted rapid increases in temperatures which have not occurred. They were wrong. All of them. And all in the same direction (to the hot side), and by no small margin, either.

I and most people who think like me would be pleased to have them study this until they get it right. Science is a good thing, when it is actually practiced in a scientific manner. But this left driven agenda is clearly drowning in politics. It is not very scientific, despite the number of "scientists" that have associated themselves with it.

And yet they continue with their propaganda tour unaffected. Obviously, sound science is not the true objective here.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:19 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Soon has been a known paid denier for quite some time now, but it's nice to see that there is finally proof and that the newspapers are actually paying attention.

Here's the same story in case someone's article limit has been reached:

Contrarian Scientist Who Says Sun is Responsible for Global Warming is Accused of Taking Corporate Cash for Science - ImaGeo

And here he is denying away in a lecture... and also being defended by the notoriously unscientific denier blog Wattsupwiththat:

Dr. Willie Soon Guest Comment: ‘Is What I Say Beyond the Boundaries of Reasonable Discussion?’ | Watts Up With That?

Lies, lies and more lies.

Nearly ALL deniers are bought... the rest just want attention.
It's a fact.

$1.2 million though... wow.
Some deniers do it because of their religious beliefs - like Roy Spencer, Pat Michaels, David Legates etc (Cornwall Evangelical Alliance Against global warming).

Old 02-22-2015, 07:21 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,776,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No dissenting voices allowed, say the warmists! Speak up at your own peril! We will destroy you!
So accepting $1.2 million dollars to say what big oil wants him to say is perfectly okay and nobody has any right to be upset about this.

The denial runs very very deep with you.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
The warmists have been caught red handed, repeatedly.

The warmists have over 70 "scientific" models that they have used to base their theories on. These models predicted rapid increases in temperatures which have not occurred. They were wrong. All of them. And all in the same direction (to the hot side), and by no small margin, either.

I and most people who think like me would be pleased to have them study this until they get it right. Science is a good thing, when it is actually practiced in a scientific manner. But this left driven agenda is clearly drowning in politics. It is not very scientific, despite the number of "scientists" that have associated themselves with it.

And yet they continue with their propaganda tour unaffected. Obviously, sound science is not the true objective here.
None of your nonsense claims are true or can be backed up by evidence.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
None of your nonsense claims are true or can be backed up by evidence.
Says the AGW alarmists local 'Denier-in-Chief'.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:38 AM

57,057 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
There are some legitimate dissenters but maybe you don't know the definition of independent research, he knew he was in violation of the universities policies regarding accepting money from industries on which he performed research.

He pretty much confirmed in his emails that he received money after each research paper was delivered.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:38 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,900,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Some deniers do it because of their religious beliefs - like Roy Spencer, Pat Michaels, David Legates etc (Cornwall Evangelical Alliance Against global warming).
While I agree with you, I think it's ridiculous.

Religious deniers? Religionists have the right to their religious beliefs, although extending these rights to the realms of scientific endeavors is ludicrous.

I'm just curious, what's the rationale of the religious deniers?

Old 02-22-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
So accepting $1.2 million dollars to say what big oil wants him to say is perfectly okay and nobody has any right to be upset about this.

The denial runs very very deep with you.
So accepting many times more than that in government funding to support the AGW extremism party line is perfectly OK, with the threat that any scientist contradicting them will be personally smeared and destroyed, and nobody has any right to be upset about this.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
While I agree with you, I think it's ridiculous.

Religious deniers? Religionists have the right to their religious beliefs, although extending these rights to the realms of scientific endeavors is ludicrous.

I'm just curious, what's the rationale of the religious deniers?
"Deniers" is a politically oriented term that he and other alarmists constantly use in an effort to try and be manipulative. What he has not noticed is that nobody really takes these sorts of assaults seriously.

It comes from people who have denied the holocaust. So, he and the alarmists that use this term are collectively trying to associate people who have doubts and concerns about this alarmist movement with Adolph Hitler and his murderous campaign against the Jews.

And the alarmists also like to complain about "conspiracy theories" by the way. {Pot meet kettle}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies