Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 03:04 PM

963 posts, read 689,453 times

Advertisements

Do you know the definition of a natural born citizen?

"sigh" Apparently not.

BTW, Obama is NOT a natural born citizen, since his father was not from this country and never became a citizen. Like it or not, he sits in the People's House ILLEGITIMATELY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 03:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The title is misleading. Yes, they call themselves Muslims, but I bet you'd get all riled up if there was a thread talking about how Christians did this, or did that. (Then again, you may self-identify with the people who have hijacked Christianity [a peaceful religion, just like Islam] in the name of all that is not Christian, so this comment could go right over your head....)
Ah yes, the 'no true scotsman' bs again. Face it, they are in fact Muslim. Extremist, but Muslim. Simply being an extremist member of a group doesn't mean you are not of that group.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:11 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Do you know the definition of a natural born citizen?

"sigh" Apparently not.

BTW, Obama is NOT a natural born citizen, since his father was not from this country and never became a citizen. Like it or not, he sits in the People's House ILLEGITIMATELY.
If I'm not mistaken, the actual definition of 'natural born' is pretty murky. It became controversial because of Obama. His dad was not a US citizen. His mom was. He was also born in the US. That 2 to 1, so in my book, that counts.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:15 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,407,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What is your plan for the Muslim people here who are natural born citizens, and have no origin in the Middle East?

How do you envision treating those persons when your "end of Muslim tolerance" prediction materializes?

I would like to know your final solution. Exactly, not some vague threat. Thanks.
We have plenty of "progressive" guidance from FDR on how to deal with this.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
If this were to actually happen, it would be end end of Muslim tolerance here. Mass deportations would begin almost immediately. No longer could we allow these terrorists to hide among the so-called peaceful.
Islam is not compatible with the American culture.

It already did happen. Are you forgetting 9/11?

If there are attacks here(and it is very possible) it wouldn't be the end of Muslim tolerance in the US.

They could blow up/attack several malls or other public places and you would hear what you heard after 9/11.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:47 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Amish and Hutterite and Mennonite women cover their heads too, and they dress a lot more somberly than muslim women do. I've dealt with such people at auctions and I see them in the supermarket sometimes and I've even seen them come to the city in a horse-drawn wagon once; my grandmother taught school on a colony and my mother attended that school. Extremely nice, polite people, and I kind of envy the simplicity of their lifestyle sometimes, but you can't really say they've assimilated. They've adapted, somewhat (the wagon had hazard lights).

How do you feel about deporting them?
Apparently, you haven't paid a lot of attention to how Amish men and women dress. Yes, the women wear bonnets but, unlike Muslim women, they are allowed to show their hair. Amish women wear dresses but they have no problems having part of their legs exposed. They also have no problem exposing parts of their arms. In fact, when Amish go on rumspringe, the men and women both wear "English clothing".

I'd say that's a heckuva a lot better than Muslim women in burkas.

They most certainly have assimilated. They have buggies but have no problems hiring drivers to drive them places. They have no problems interacting with the "English world". While they speak PA Dutch (a dialect of German) they also read, write and speak English fluently. These days, they also own smart phones.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:51 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Al Shabaab has a large presence in the twin-cities area.

The USA has been bringing in a LOT of Somali Muslims for quiet a while.........I REALLY do not understand the logic behind this!

Old 02-22-2015, 06:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And why is "assimilate" such a scary word for bleeding hearts? I remember reading years ago where libs decided it was cruel to expect immigrants to assimilate. They stupidly believed that assimilation meant totally abandoning your customs. Yet, previous generations of immigrants had no problems assimilating and keeping their traditions from the old country.

Muslims, for the most part, have problems assimilating. They still treat their women and girls like dirt. Men are allowed to wear western clothing while their wives follow behind covered up. Yes, not all Muslims behave this way. Some are secular and fully embrace western ways. However, for the most part, far too many don't do so. I live in an area with lots of Muslims and can tell you stories about how they treat their women and girls. These stories leave me feeling both sad and angry.

If you moved to another country, you would be expected to assimilate and embrace the culture. Then why don't you expect those who immigrate here to do the same?
Most Native Americans, myself included, consider the white man's meaning of assimilation to mean a total destruction of a tribe's culture, heritage and customs. This was deliberately done during the 1890s up until WWII and beyond. Native Americans were forbidden to speak their language and the policy of the American government was to "Educate the Indian out of the Red Man".
I see the same thing today with other immigrants coming to our country. How many threads have there been, in this forum alone, complaining about "Press 1 for Spanish", etc.

"Assimilate in all respects or leave", sends chills up an Indian's back and reminds us of evil days.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:08 PM

963 posts, read 689,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Most Native Americans, myself included, consider the white man's meaning of assimilation to mean a total destruction of a tribe's culture, heritage and customs. This was deliberately done during the 1890s up until WWII and beyond. Native Americans were forbidden to speak their language and the policy of the American government was to "Educate the Indian out of the Red Man".
I see the same thing today with other immigrants coming to our country. How many threads have there been, in this forum alone, complaining about "Press 1 for Spanish", etc.

"Assimilate in all respects or leave", sends chills up an Indian's back and reminds us of evil days.
You have my permission to retain your culture which gave you an average lifespan of 35 years. But when you start leaving your elderly and babies in the snow to die, expect the evil white man to come and arrest you. But go ahead and give up you car for walking, your house for a tee pee and tell your wife to give up her washing machine and go down to the river and beat your clothes against a rock.

I fully support your right to abandon the white man's culture. Just don't go to war with other tribes and sell off the conquered. The evil white man will arrest you for that too.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:15 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
They are humble CHRISTIANS. They are not out to convert the nation BY FORCE. Same with the Sikhs.

Even the so called "moderate" Muslims will support Muslim culture (Sharia) over the Constitution whenever the opportunity presents itself.

"sigh"
That would be an interesting statistic: How many American Muslims would want to replace our Constitution with Sharia? That would be a good deciding factor on who should live here and who would be more compatable living in one of the wonderful countries that employs it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies