Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:04 AM

100 posts, read 93,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notthewise1 View Post
Exactly how many more nations have been invaded on trumped up excuses of WMD? That is welcome change for me.
17 unanimous United Nation resolutions giving authority to invade Iraq, 98% support from the House and Senate to invade Iraq,, every intelligence agency in the World agreed he had WMD's, overwhelming support of the United States citizens supported the invasion, and the WMD issue was debated for over a year.

But we are all to believe the revisionist history of the WMD's in Iraq? Jonathan Gruber was right about the a lot of the American public.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:14 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,837 times
Quote:
Exactly how many more nations have been invaded on trumped up excuses of WMD? That is welcome change for me.
If that is the total sum definition of what is important to you that isn't saying very much. Perhaps in a few years you might reflect on the change you've embraced as being welcome and realize the mat you put out also let the fleas in.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Both Williams and O'Reilly lied but the fact is that only one of them apologized and resigned. More an indication of their respective audiences' appetite for lies.
There's a couple of clarifications of what you state.
1. Brian Williams was suspended by the network.
2. Brian Williams was not "outed" by some smear merchant but was instead called on his untruths by the people that were actually there which set off an investigation of all his "stories".
3. O'Reilly has since been vindicated by video/audio evidence AND by people who were there.
The one good thing is this whole deal set off a conversation and caused "some" to actually think about the talking heads that feed them prepackaged so-called "news" on a daily basis and it's actual validity.
Am I a huge O'Reilly fan? Nope. I think he's wayyyy too preoccupied with certain subjects like his pavlovian response to anything that has to do with children and his using kids to garner ratings. Also he constantly credits himself with changing laws,influencing government actions and threatening elected officials to do things "he" deems right and proper like some kind of holy crusader.

I wonder if he's double jointed as much as he pats himself on the back...

Old 02-26-2015, 08:47 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
There's a couple of clarifications of what you state.
1. Brian Williams was suspended by the network.
2. Brian Williams was not "outed" by some smear merchant but was instead called on his untruths by the people that were actually there which set off an investigation of all his "stories".
3. O'Reilly has since been vindicated by video/audio evidence AND by people who were there.
The one good thing is this whole deal set off a conversation and caused "some" to actually think about the talking heads that feed them prepackaged so-called "news" on a daily basis and it's actual validity.
Am I a huge O'Reilly fan? Nope. I think he's wayyyy too preoccupied with certain subjects like his pavlovian response to anything that has to do with children and his using kids to garner ratings. Also he constantly credits himself with changing laws,influencing government actions and threatening elected officials to do things "he" deems right and proper like some kind of holy crusader.

I wonder if he's double jointed as much as he pats himself on the back...
O'Reilly was simply the target of left wing extremists who were angered and upset over the Brian Williams story and simply wanted to, as liberals like to do, change the subject when things are going against them.

His story was completely vindicated by the video/audio evidence, and therefore, story is over. If anything, the implications we can take away from this is that liberals are vindictive hateful liars who are out to destroy anyone that disagrees with them.

It's getting quite old, and while I agree ol' Bill has quite the ego, deep down he's a good guy with good intentions, which is more than can be said for the liberal left wing scum that attacked him.

And yes, I believe he is double jointed.

SS

Old 02-26-2015, 10:11 AM

723 posts, read 868,659 times
I will enjoy the day when the news breaks that Bill ****ing O'Reilly has died. He is infuriating and poisonous and I hate him with a passion.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:14 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Who is Bill O'Reilly? Is he that guy that looks like a much older Steve Allen?

Long story short, there are some people who prefer to read their news as oppose to someone telling it to them?

Old 02-26-2015, 10:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Hmmm? Very defensive. Has Brian Williams been proven to be a "chronic" liar? Or are you bending the truth just a bit? Glass houses. Here's a tip for you: What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Are you suggesting that if Bill O'Reilly misrepresented his experience in a "war zone", that is somehow less significant that when Brian Williams did it?
Answers to your questions.
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. No
I take note that you didn't actually address my message. The only thing I see is that you don't like it but can't logically address it, and hence seek to attack the messenger with these pointless questions.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:50 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh are cut from the same cloth...........blowhards both.

Don

Old 02-26-2015, 11:09 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyInDeerPark View Post
Y'all are arguing about TV celebrities Williams and OReilly lying while Mr. If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor is President? Why isn't THAT important to the masses?

You don't seem to know the difference between a journalist and a politician.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:21 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh are cut from the same cloth...........blowhards both.

Don
Yep. Bloviators that rival Pinocchio on nose lengthening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies