Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times

Advertisements

Left wing news, right wing news. What's a boy to believe? Oh my. Y'all seem to be worked up over crap that doesn't have any effect over your daily lives except that that you give it.

Disclaimer; I also don't give a rat's behind about celebrities that don't send me Christmas cards.

Is there a place on eBay where they sell lives, cuz it seems a lot of y'all need to get one.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:51 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I like this remix...

Old 02-25-2015, 06:37 AM

104 posts, read 144,521 times
Default He is no Brian Williams

Broadcast news................ cue the tears. And that's a memo

Old 02-25-2015, 06:50 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Whoever watches Faux news must love the slanted right wing nonsense they spew. Most is republican opinion, over and over. O'Reilly can try to be relevant but most can see right through his ACT.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I've never understood why right wingers are so attracted to bullies.
News flash... People who make up false stories or "smear" campaigns to trash someone's reputation just because they disagree with someones political views (like the far left is famous for doing) are just as much "bullies". What makes that type worse is they ply their trade remotely, not having the 'nads to do so face to face and when caught at it refuse to defend (face to face) what they've done.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:30 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,637,432 times
I'm not a "fan" of Brian Williams, so I'm not defending him. But I will admit to having a huge case of schadenfreude toward Mr. O'Reilly because it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. The extremely few times I've heard him talk until I could run through the living room to grab the remote, all I've heard is a bunch of self-aggrandizing, blowhard BS which I'm not sure even he believes. I think he will keep on spewing as long as the paychecks keep coming.

His own schadenfreude over the Brian Williams case makes this even more deserving. Have a little class, Mr. O'Reilly...you don't have to keep kicking every man who is down.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:20 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Jon Stewart nails it in just five minutes on his show.
Leave it to Comedy Central to get the right focus on the issues here..............

February 24, 2015 - Lynsey Addario - The Daily Show - Full Episode | Comedy Central

Old 02-25-2015, 08:28 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
I'll never forget his classic "tides go in,tides go out" argument

Old 02-25-2015, 09:03 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
And his War on Christmas tirade every darn year. It is just nauseating! What really is his problem with how an individual greets another..."Happy Holiday" versus "Merry Christmas"?........the righties just laps it up.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:18 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Yes, Bill's thesis that God must exist because no one has any idea what causes tides, and therefore God must be making them happen, was truly a gem.

Quote:
O'REILLY: I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam, in my opinion: tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that.
SILVERMAN: Tide goes in, tide goes out?
O'REILLY: See, the water, the tide comes in and it goes out, Mr. Silverman. It always comes in, and always goes out. You can't explain that.
O'Reilly: God Causes The Tides, Not The Moon (VIDEO)
[From Silverman's reaction, you can see that he's baffled that anyone would even make such an inexplicable claim - clearly, he was unfamiliar with O'Reilly's shtick when he went on the show.]

Impressively, Bill manages to:
1) Overlook the fact that Sir Isaac Newton explained the specific mechanism of tides back in the 1600s, and that the Roman philosopher Seneca, even without a proper understanding of gravitation, wrote in the First Century that tides were caused by the pull of the moon.
2) Foist the God of the Gaps fallacy, which holds that that which cannot presently be explained is evidence that God exists - by that logic, before we discovered fusion our inability to explain the nature of the Sun was evidence that God exists, but now that we can explain it it is not longer evidence of God. Which makes absolutely no sense at all, and in so doing is a perfect metaphor for O'Reilly in general.

The only real question to ponder is whether or not O'Reilly himself is really this clueless, or if he just knows his science-loathing, ignorance-revering audience so well that he's pandering to them by pretending to be as ignorant as them...

On Bill and Tides:
Bill O'Reilly: tidal bore - Bad Astronomy : Bad Astronomy

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies