Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:37 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,772,584 times

Advertisements

I read a lot more posts about people against the "poor" than against the "rich" in this forum.

Anything specific you were referring to?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:09 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,648,138 times
The huge difference is the rich are smarter, wiser and more gifted then the poor, if it was that easy to be rich we all would be.
I know many "rich" people are they would do anything for anyone. They go out of their way to help people who are poor.
The majority of people are are poor are poor because of many reasons. Every single rich person I know that I mention above were ALL poor or had very little at one time.
Several worked 18-20 days before they had money, many people even the poor complain about working 8 hours per day.
Again like in the other thread, someone needs to explain what RICH is and what POOR is.
Most rich people have earned there money in various ways, most of them risk allot to become rich. Rich people in most cases are not rich by a gift, they worked or did something better then the rest of us to get there.
A college professor of mine told us once that if you watch the people who are successful, ask yourself how they got to be successful and copy it, only do it better then they did. The money and or wealth will fall into place once you have the skills to do so.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:14 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,695,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Illegals working for low wages... lower wages.

Walmart HELPS the poor ?!!!
HAHahahahahahahaaaa! Oh, my Hahahahahah ..Ahahahahaha !!!!!Oh PUHleese!

The tax breaks bu**** gave the ultra rich...and who do you think takes up the slack?

Gas prices are determined by oil companies...PERIOD.
Uh, higher prices are harder on those with little money (Economics 101)
You have yet to prove any of your points... they're absolutely baseless. The statement was that "the rich" were keeping the poor poor...

Old 01-11-2008, 09:16 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,695,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The rich do not work any harder than anybody else. In fact many of them work less. I can pretty much tell you that I am "in the office" a hell of lot more time than the CEO of my company is. While he is out at the country club golfing or chumming around with Republicans, we are working.
Sounds like you should start your own company, since it's so easy, and it would be less work...

Old 01-11-2008, 09:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,072,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
You have yet to prove any of your points... they're absolutely baseless. The statement was that "the rich" were keeping the poor poor...

They're not baseless...you just don't agree with them.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,663,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
The huge difference is the rich are smarter, wiser and more gifted then the poor, if it was that easy to be rich we all would be.
I know many "rich" people are they would do anything for anyone. They go out of their way to help people who are poor.
The majority of people are are poor are poor because of many reasons. Every single rich person I know that I mention above were ALL poor or had very little at one time.
Several worked 18-20 days before they had money, many people even the poor complain about working 8 hours per day.
Again like in the other thread, someone needs to explain what RICH is and what POOR is.
Most rich people have earned there money in various ways, most of them risk allot to become rich. Rich people in most cases are not rich by a gift, they worked or did something better then the rest of us to get there.
A college professor of mine told us once that if you watch the people who are successful, ask yourself how they got to be successful and copy it, only do it better then they did. The money and or wealth will fall into place once you have the skills to do so.
People are poor because of two things:
1. They are poor because they have habits that keep them that way or they are lazy. If you don't have a high school diploma, you are probably going to spend your life being poor. That is just a fact.
2. They lost at life's lottery. They were born and raised poor and despite everything they try, they just cannot rise above it. If you are born rich, good looking or both, chances are you will have a fairly easy ride through life. If you are born poor and/or ugly, your life will be much more of a challenge.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:19 PM

130 posts, read 522,980 times
lets see.....i have a "rich" friend who is a doctor, lets do some counting, shall we?

4 years in medical technology (or whatevers as your undergraduate degree)
4 years medical school
1 year intership
1 year studying for the usmle tests and residency matching (must take tests before residency)
3-6 years of residency (3 years is like...family practice, 6 years is like... brain surgery)
1 year, studying for your medical board exams then finding a job or go for your fellowship and become a diplomat.
2 years of fellowship

i count a minimum of.....14 years, and a maximum of 19 years to become a "rich" doctor . and heres the best part, what if u had to get a loan? that would be....$400,000+ of loans out of your own pocket

after allllllllllllllllll of those years of going to school and working your but off to become a "rich" medical doctor, he/she then.......has to give "free" medical care to the "poor."

"poor" people get over it!!!

Last edited by littleword; 01-11-2008 at 10:52 PM..

Old 01-11-2008, 10:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,072,200 times
Jesus says - Whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me.

Vote:

True

Not true

Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,727,418 times
Rich and Poor alike are all JUST people .

If the Poor are envious or jealous that is a problem they have to work out within themselves.

If the Rich think they are better and smarter because of their money,that is also a problem with themselves that they probably don't even recognize.

With or without money we all should try to be the best person we can be.

I have seen both sides at one time or another very angry, bitter and spiteful.
This kind of stuff eats you up inside like poison.

I have my family,my animals, my little garden and I try to be a good person.
I think I am richer than most people with a lot of money.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:48 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,648,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleword View Post
lets see.....i have a "rich" friend who is a doctor, lets do some counting, shall we?

4 years in medical tech. (or whatevers as your undergraduate degree)
4 years med. school
1 year intership
1 year studying for the usmle tests (must take tests before residency)
3-6 years of residency (3 years is like...family practice, 6 years is like... surgery)
1 year, studying for your medical board exams then finding a job or go for your fellowship and become a diplomat.
2 years of fellowship

i count a minimum of.....14 years, and a maximum of 18 years to become a "rich" doctor. and heres the best part, what if u had to get a loan? that would be....$400,000+ of loans out of your own pocket

after allllllllllllllllll of those years of going to school and getting a loan to become a medical doctor and become "rich", he/she then.......has to give "free" medical care to the "poor."

"poor" people get over it!!!
I agree here. My sister was in college for 9 years, she was BORN POOR and worked herself to pieces to get where she is at, she started with nothing, paid for all her needs herself and caught no breaks.
She now makes upwards of 250k and is going back yet again for another degree which will boost her to above the 300k range.
We were dirt poor growing up, had nothing, lucky to eat and she earned her 'rich" status and proved most everyone wrong that only the rich are born into it or get lucky.
Yes she doesnt forget where we come from and donates her time and lots of money to kids.
If she can come from what we had to where she is at now, so can others.
No excuse in the world to be poor in my opinion, unless you have health issues, no reason whatsoever.
I so much agree, get over it, it's called a job, or two or three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies