Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 09:16 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
A coincidence?
VALERIE JARRETT - The Top Muslim in the Top Power Seat - Obama's TOP ADVISOR!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, THIS is Obama's top advisor.

Seems as if his promise to fundamentally change America is in full swing.

Do people get paid to sit at their computer and make up stuff in MS Paint to post on right-wing websites? How does one get such a job? And more importantly, why do so many believe this stuff without question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 09:28 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
I'm mostly a skeptically person, so I have to reply; does anyone actually believe that Iran does not already have nuclear weapons? I believe Iran has nuclear weapons and probably has had them for a while. It's not in my nature to think Obama is letting them have nukes. America does not rule the world. Why would Americans
have influence on what another country is developing anyway. Just my two cents.
No I do not, I believe Mossad over Bibi. They have more reason to keep their credibility intact and maintaining relationships with US is of higher priority than appeasing a nutty Bibi. You'd have to enrich to somewhere around 90% to have weapons grade uranium. Part of this really is Iran attempting to skirt dependence on mid-east oil by spinning up centrifuges to provide energy.

Mossad contradicted Netanyahu on Iran nuclear programme - Al Jazeera English

Keep in mind this was before the Iranians agreed to, and did scale back and eventually destroy the 20% enriched uranium in possession. Stuxnet also addressed (ahem...took offline) several Iranian centrifuges by targeting a certain components manufacture.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:44 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Valerie Jarrett isn't Iranian by birth. She was born in Iran to African American parents genius.

And i've seen no evidence that she's a Muslim. And even if she was, so what?
"Valerie Jarrett isn't Iranian by birth. She was born in Iran"

Yet, illegal Hispanics who are born in America are American citizens.

And oh, thanks for the derogatory snide remark, "genius".

I knew I could count on you to throw out an insult. you NEVER fail,

Old 02-27-2015, 09:51 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:

Stop deflecting, posting lies, disinformation and misinformation if you don't want to be insulted.

He could've called you a lot worse than "genius".

Old 02-27-2015, 09:54 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayahuasca_mike View Post
No I do not, I believe Mossad over Bibi. They have more reason to keep their credibility intact and maintaining relationships with US is of higher priority than appeasing a nutty Bibi. You'd have to enrich to somewhere around 90% to have weapons grade uranium. Part of this really is Iran attempting to skirt dependence on mid-east oil by spinning up centrifuges to provide energy.

Mossad contradicted Netanyahu on Iran nuclear programme - Al Jazeera English

Keep in mind this was before the Iranians agreed to, and did scale back and eventually destroy the 20% enriched uranium in possession. Stuxnet also addressed (ahem...took offline) several Iranian centrifuges by targeting a certain components manufacture.

I wonder if all the posters itching for war with Iran will respond to this?

Old 02-27-2015, 10:16 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I wonder if all the posters itching for war with Iran will respond to this?
I wont hold my breathe.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:

Then stop posting stupid comments and memes.

You implied that she's an Iranian born Muslim instead of an African American born in Iran to American parents. And there's no evidence that you produced of her being a Muslim.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:04 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,747 times
So, what if they do build a bomb? Maybe Iran will be disgruntled enough to use it and turn those areas into dust in that sordid middle east. Talk about Shock and Awe, getting rid of ISIS and other terrorists factions while their numbers are modest would benefit darn near the whole world. Sooner or later the crazies will try to produce Armageddon. Now that they have a caliphate, their ideation is more meaningful to them than ever before. The thing is Muslim extremists are more than fanatical about what they believe in. To me, the way they live and breathe their religious dogma, is heathen, but it is not heathen to them at all, it is their essence. That essence is not going away. It is not in my realm of understanding to grasp what makes them so driven to jihad and bloody war.

How long does the world have to let the barbarism continue? Was Hitler even tolerated this long? Then everybody that wants to can say, "I knew they were going to use nukes before 10 years".

Old 02-27-2015, 12:29 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
As I pointed out, Iran and Syria are allies. Iran is not, however, Syria's patron. As your first article points out, Iranian Revolutionary Guard are serving as consultants in Syria.

Also LOL at getting your theory of geopolitics from BI, RT, Reuters, and Al-Monitor.

And again, as I said, there is a relationship between Iran and Iraq, but it is not one of patron-proxy. And your theory of geopolitics descends further, to The Guardian of all places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Once a poster mentions Israel" and "apartheid" in the same sentence, they are considered a non-entity, with zero credibility.
So non-entities without credibility include:

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter
South Africa's apartheid architect
UN Special Rapporteur Richard Falk
The legal theorists, judges, and scholars who wrote Beyond Occupation: Apartheid, Colonialism and International Law in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
United Nations Special Rapporteur for Palestine John Dugard
Henry Siegman, former head of the American Jewish Congress
Former President of the UN General Assembly Miguel d'Escoto Brockmann
South African legal scholar John Dugard
US global politics scholar John Mearsheimer
Israeli political science scholar Uri Davis
US political science scholar Norman Finkelstein
South African global politics scholar Adrian Guelke
Archbishop of Wales Barry Morgan
US journalist Naomi Klein
Former Israeli environment minister Yossi Sarid
Israeli human rights organization B'Tselem (very nearly)
Former Israeli Judge Boaz Okon
Haaretz publisher Amos Schocken

This being, of course, a short list of those who have made the comparison.

And you presumably believe that U.S. Secretaries of State Colin Powell and John Kerry were non-entities without credibility when they raised concerns that Israeli policies risked Bantustans or apartheid?

If you cannot even recognize that there is a serious debate about Israeli policy in regard to the Occupied Territories, and even towards Arab Israelis, then it is you who are not serious.

Quote:
With the 4th lie below, you are now added to my ignore box:

The US overthrew no one, mossadegh was appointed by the shah, who was already in power and whose powers regarding foreign policy and the military mossadegh illegally tried to usurp. It was iranians who removed mossadegh, not a single US official/person did anything of the kind.

You're clearly of very few facts and have little to offer outside of juvenile slogans. Likely to vanish with most of the other weak posters in the near term...
You've got a warped view of history if you don't think the US overthrew Mossadegh. It is no longer a secret that US intelligence, in conjunction with British intelligence, arranged the coup that overthrew Mossadegh. The Secret CIA History of the Iran Coup, 1953

Talk about a non-entity lacking credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And anyone who believes 2 is achievable is smoking crack.
But someone who believes invasion and occupation is achievable is sober?

Old 02-28-2015, 02:51 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
1st, 2nd and 3rd - until that regime no longer exists. Putin's murderous rampage across Ukraine and threats against the Baltic states, iran's conquests of lebanon, iraq, syria and yemen, are not accidents.

We have a weak, indecisive, amateurish and incompetent president whose word means absolutely nothing. Tyrants are emboldened by such weakness, who will continue to push until kicked in the face. I am quite concerned how much more damage these 2 cancers will cause in the next 2 years before this atrocity is out of office and replaced with an adult.

How many filled American coffins is it worth to stop Vladimir Putin's rampage across the Ukraine? A few hundred, a few thousand maybe 100,000 ? *******s like John McCain, Lindsay Graham and other GOP blowhards including you my dear fellow really need to answer thi question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies