Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 12:17 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,319,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
There's no need to defend Islam, we're not at war with Islam.

Only idiots think we are at war with Islam.
You're defending Islam, captain. If you don't realize what you yourself are writing you have no room to call anyone an idiot.
And so what if "we're" not at war with Islam? There's still a whhhhooooooole lot to criticize about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
I think, many believe so and are saying so, just read through the forum and you'll have an idea.
We're not defending Islam, we're explaining the mistakes made by certain people thinking we're at war with all Muslims
http://truedemocracyparty.net/wp-con...anargument.jpg

Old 02-28-2015, 12:27 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And all Islam isn't either yet we see to condemn them all.
Got it. Now can we stop the massaging the feelings of those we don't want to include in the condemnation and get to the point of discussing what to do about those that are committing atrocities?

Old 02-28-2015, 12:28 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,812,967 times
Quote:
Only uninformed idiots would think that a small number of Muslim terrorists = Islam.

A small percentage perhaps, but by no means a small number.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:36 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
Quote:
You can live with that Nazi and that glorious victory all your life but you know, we have been defeated in Vietnam, nobody seem to remember that because it was a defeat..
I never said we can't be defeated, I said extremists can be defeated militarily and provided an example. The lesson of Vietnam should be that if we plan to act militarily, we need to define the enemy, state the goal and fully commit to accomplishing it. We have done none of those since then and certainly aren't doing that now.

Quote:
Most of their victims are Muslims, so if you push Muslims towards the extremists, you already lost the battle and the war, you'll loose all allies countries fighting on your side.
President Obama is right when he says don't attack Islam as a religion because it will prove to the fanatics that the west is waging a holy war on Islam, be very easy to convince the most reluctant one to join them.
I don't think most seriously advocate for an all out holy war on Muslims. There are clearly defined groups, the ones just attacked by Jordan and Egypt, that are common enemies. Sure there are people that lump them all together, but having this as a national conversation for months is disproportionate to the risk of pushing all Muslims into the arms of the extremists and is a large distraction from what should be a more focused effort if we're going to make an effort.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:49 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,187,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You're defending Islam, captain. If you don't realize what you yourself are writing you have no room to call anyone an idiot.
And so what if "we're" not at war with Islam? There's still a whhhhooooooole lot to criticize about it.
I think I understand what I myself am writing better than any right wing nutter who clearly didn't read the title of this thread.

Problem?

Old 02-28-2015, 08:52 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,959,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I don't know. Those Cardinals wear scary Hats
I don't know ... they look exactly like the ones the Phillies, the Mets and the Red Sox wear.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Apart from heads of state and diplomats, there is absolutely no good reason for us to admit Muslims to this country.

There is no good reason to admit them as refugees, immigrants, guest workers, students or even tourists.

Keep them out.

No one here -- liberal or conservative -- can tell whether or not these people are violent and radical.

So just keep them out.

We have nothing to gain from having them here, and we have a lot to lose (9/11, Fort Hood Massacre, Shoe Bomber, Underwear Bomber, Boston Marathon Bombing, attempted Times Square Bombing...)

Oh, but wait.

The liberals want to sing "Kumbaya" and "We Are the World" with the Muslims.

They want to groove and boogie with them while eating halal food and sitting around a big cosy campfire in front of UN Headquarters celebrating "international understanding" and multiculturalism so they can feel really cool, edgy and sophisticated.

I guess that's the reason we "need" them here.
Wow. Just wow.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I think I understand what I myself am writing better than any right wing nutter who clearly didn't read the title of this thread.

Problem?
YOU'RE calling someone a "nutter?" Bwahahaha! That's rich.
The title of this thread is a ridiculous strawman argument, as has already been pointed out. And, yes, you're defending Islam.
So having a problem with Islam, a hard-core religion whose adherents often give no rights to women and homosexuals and think that religious concerns should play a central role in public life makes one a "right-wing nutter?" That makes....no logical sense whatsoever.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:49 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,187,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
YOU'RE calling someone a "nutter?" Bwahahaha! That's rich.
The title of this thread is a ridiculous strawman argument, as has already been pointed out. And, yes, you're defending Islam.So having a problem with Islam, a hard-core religion whose adherents often give no rights to women and homosexuals and think that religious concerns should play a central role in public life makes one a "right-wing nutter?" That makes....no logical sense whatsoever.
This thread is not about having a problem with Islam. It is not a critique of Islam's theology (there is a religion section, this isn't it). This thread is about whether we're at war with Islam or not. And we're not. And anyone who thinks we are is an idiot. Pointing out that fact is defending nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies