Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 06:20 AM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

I didn't know that they imported police, I thought they used contractors and the CIA but this is the type of people they imported to do the interrogations at Guantanamo. They could have done better, this guy had a history, Richard Zuley was Chicago police detective and Navy reservist problem is he used the same techniques in both Chicago and Guantanamo.

The worst part is that it appears the detainee tortured, Mohamedou Ould Slahi isn't even guilty

Quote:

At the notorious wartime prison, Richard Zuley oversaw a shocking military
interrogation that has become a permanent stain on his country. Part one of a
Guardian investigation reveals he used disturbingly similar tactics to extract
confessions from minorities for years – as a police officer in urban America
But while Zuley’s brutal interrogation techniques – prolonged shackling, family threats, demands on suspects to implicate themselves and others – would get supercharged at Guantánamo for the war on terrorism, a Guardian investigation has uncovered that Zuley used similar tactics for years, behind closed police-station doors, on Chicago’s poor and non-white citizens. Multiple people in prison in Illinois insist they have been wrongly convicted on the basis of coerced confessions extracted by Zuley and his colleagues
Guantánamo Diary | The Guardian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 08:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
I just read a related article from The Guardian that details a "black site" where police are apparently holding suspects without booking them etc.

Obviously all born of the same mindset.

Very scary.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:56 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Isn't The Guardian about like the Enquirer or The Onion?

Old 02-24-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Isn't The Guardian about like the Enquirer or The Onion?
No.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:36 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I just read a related article from The Guardian that details a "black site" where police are apparently holding suspects without booking them etc.

Obviously all born of the same mindset.

Very scary.
More unsubstantiated garbage or stories

The law requires us to arraign a suspect within 48 hours of an arrest of kick him... severe legal penalties follow that are mandated by law... its actually computerized at the time of arrest for us and the clock starts

What they do in other countries I dont know.. they dont have our constitution

Here is a wiki link since you obviously didnt want to look at fact

Arraignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The mindset is yours.. a faulty one

As far as the original story.. let see some more coverage on this instead of slanted reporting

Old 02-24-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
More unsubstantiated garbage or stories

The law requires us to arraign a suspect within 48 hours of an arrest of kick him... severe legal penalties follow that are mandated by law... its actually computerized at the time of arrest for us and the clock starts

What they do in other countries I dont know.. they dont have our constitution

Here is a wiki link since you obviously didnt want to look at fact

Arraignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The mindset is yours.. a faulty one

As far as the original story.. let see some more coverage on this instead of slanted reporting
Take your condescending attitude to the people that report having been taken there.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-chicago.html

Old 02-24-2015, 11:11 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
I don't care.

Kill all terrorists.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:42 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Take your condescending attitude to the people that report having been taken there.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-chicago.html
I had just read this story earlier. It's infuriating and deserves its own thread. Militarization of police is in full force.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:58 AM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I had just read this story earlier. It's infuriating and deserves its own thread. Militarization of police is in full force.
Looks like that was the reason they picked this detective, this does not put our action sin a favorable light, why hasn't this person been released.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
That actually is the link to the thread I started earlier today on that subject.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies