Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 02:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Just scanning the board topics, I find it fascinating to see the types of 'bread and circus' topics liberals post when they are complaining about conservatism, versus the things conservatives complain about when talking about liberals.

Here is a summary about liberals' complaints about conservatives:

-Republicans want to eliminate AP History in one state
-Republicans don't want to force bakeries to make wedding cakes for gay people
-One Republican wants to make women swallow a camera before getting an abortion

It's just SO SO trivial, and the shocking thing is they are all social issues expressed by a fringe minority of Republicans. Meanwhile, conservatives on this forum worry about...

-the reaches of the federal reserve bank
-Obama's ineptitude
-the economy
-our complicated corporate tax structure

It's just fascinating: I haven't seen very many Republicans/conservatives on this forum actually start threads about social issues. It's typically left-leaning posters who start those social issues threads in an attempt to draw right-wingers into the discussion.
So you decide to create a thread about those being trivial? Doesn't that sound trivial to do? How about creating threads about those more important issues you want to talk about?

Old 02-24-2015, 02:38 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Just scanning the board topics, I find it fascinating to see the types of 'bread and circus' topics liberals post when they are complaining about conservatism, versus the things conservatives complain about when talking about liberals.

Here is a summary about liberals' complaints about conservatives:

-Republicans want to eliminate AP History in one state
-Republicans don't want to force bakeries to make wedding cakes for gay people
-One Republican wants to make women swallow a camera before getting an abortion

It's just SO SO trivial, and the shocking thing is they are all social issues expressed by a fringe minority of Republicans. Meanwhile, conservatives on this forum worry about...

-the reaches of the federal reserve bank
-Obama's ineptitude
-the economy
-our complicated corporate tax structure

It's just fascinating: I haven't seen very many Republicans/conservatives on this forum actually start threads about social issues. It's typically left-leaning posters who start those social issues threads in an attempt to draw right-wingers into the discussion.
Doe the op even realize people can click on his name, select view public profile, select statistics, select see threads started, and see every thread he has started?

Given the original post its quite entertaining.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:43 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
It must be fun to be a Republican; so completely evil, it must be liberating in a way. Not caring about poor people, or the sick, being totally racist and mentally thinking like a 'Mad Max' barbarian. No morals or empathy, just drawing your sword and slashing your way through American society until it resembles Gettysburg after the battle. Me first, screw everybody else as your mantra.

That dark side exists in humanity and I can certainly see the appeal at times. Yet it is not the world I want to create. I haven't determined why the 'red' half the country wants that, the reality of that. Are we supposed to restrain them, or just let them congregate in their 'red' states? Birds of a feather/big sort?
What a completely false, hate-filled, disgusting post.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:46 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you decide to create a thread about those being trivial? Doesn't that sound trivial to do? How about creating threads about those more important issues you want to talk about?
Not at all. The reason why America is falling behind is the left's obsession with social issues and inability to confront real problems.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:51 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a completely false, hate-filled, disgusting post.
I think if you take someone who has never been on POC and has no poliltical affiliation, and have that person read various threads (color-coded red for conservative and blue for liberal) they would come to the same conclusion.

Don't you think that posts calling people 'breeders' and 'bottom feeders' are also hate-filled? Or is your outrage very, very selective?

Old 02-24-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Not at all. The reason why America is falling behind is the left's obsession with social issues and inability to confront real problems.
Coming from the guy who refused to fix his car, and instead wanted to make a lawsuit about a private business refusing to serve him because of his defective car I find this statement hilarious.

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...s-station.html

Social issues are often based on real problems. Wealth inequality is not as much of a social issue as you seem to believe.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:58 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,117 times
Quote:
Not at all. The reason why America is falling behind is because of intellectually laziness and ignorance as evidenced by your own thread.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Coming from the guy who refused to fix his car, and instead wanted to make a lawsuit about a private business refusing to serve him because of his defective car I find this statement hilarious.

//www.city-data.com/forum/portl...s-station.html

Social issues are often based on real problems. Wealth inequality is not as much of a social issue as you seem to believe.
Thanks for validating that I do indeed have the high ground.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for validating that I do indeed have the high ground.
LOL. no...thats not the word I would use. If you get that from reading that might I suggest that you should perhaps read it again.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. no...thats not the word I would use. If you get that from reading that might I suggest that you should perhaps read it again.
How does my frustration with Oregon's gas pump laws pertain liberals' inability to address actual problems on the P&OC forum?

If this is the only thing you can come back with, then I do indeed have the high ground. The reason why liberals on this board have to always post on social issues is because they have bad ideas on all the others.

Take, for example, our corporate tax brackets. The US has the highest marginal rates in the OECD, yet the liberal responses is "no one ACTUALLY pays that." Face it: liberals have little to offer other than satiating their little focus groups with symbolic, meaningless policies and one-liners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies