Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 09:42 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And BTW? Evolution is full of holes and gaps. That is scientific fact. There are a lot of liberties being taken with little evidence.
The evidence for evolution is vast and overwhelming. You are uninformed.

Quote:
And Evolution does not explain the THOUSANDS of new species of animals and birds that appear on the Earth every single year. Where did they evolve from? Or do you think they've always been here?
They're discovered. Did you think the catalogue was complete?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 11:34 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Why is it that the pro-warmers always go to the personal attacks? My "idiots" claim was at these so called scientists that are running with a theory that is costing us billions of dollars and putting people out of work, an unproven theory.

I don't insult people personally on this board ever.

And BTW? Evolution is full of holes and gaps. That is scientific fact. There are a lot of liberties being taken with little evidence.

And Evolution does not explain the THOUSANDS of new species of animals and birds that appear on the Earth every single year. Where did they evolve from? Or do you think they've always been here?
Are you serious? Really? There is no personal attack, what there is, is disagreement between the myths you call facts and actual reality...By the way there are no thousands of species evolving every single year...The reality is about an average of 15,000 previously unknown species are discovered each year....... Your credibility when it comes to science, any science is now in ruins.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Why is it that the pro-warmers always go to the personal attacks? My "idiots" claim was at these so called scientists that are running with a theory that is costing us billions of dollars and putting people out of work, an unproven theory.

There was no "personal attack". This goes right to the thread topic "Global warming is my religion"

It's interesting to note that many people who deny basic climate science, also deny basic science like evolution. It shows the motivation behind why many people reject certain areas of science despite overwhelming evidence -> because of their religious beliefs.

Calling scientists "idiots" doesn't address the science. It's an easy cop-out by people who don't understand the science and don't want to understand it.

It's also interesting to note that several well known climate science "Skeptics" also seem to be motivated by their religious beliefs rather than the science itself. Roy Spencer, David Legates, Pat Michaels, Ross McKitrick and a number of others who are all signatories of the conservative religious Evangelical Cornwall Alliance against Global Warming.
http://www.cornwallalliance.org/

oh.. and let's not forget people like Senator James Inhofe who is at least a bit more transparent about his religious beliefs being the motivation behind his rejection of climate science.

Last edited by Ceist; 03-01-2015 at 01:23 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 01:02 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
They also want to create jobs in new fields to address the issue. You can't actually look at an issue like unemployment and come up with one reason why it happens.

Quote:
There are no holes in evolution, unless you count the absence of video recording of evolution occurring.

And yes, plenty of liberties are taken away without evidence. Gay people are being denied the right to marry because apparently a man in the sky will be upset if we allow it.

Quote:
Thousands of new species a year? Where did you get that? It's certainly true that some species due newly evolve, and we certainly discover new species all the time. But simply discovering them does not mean they didn't exist prior to it's discovery.

And if they did newly evolved, the involved from a different species. That's actually a pretty straightforward aspect of evolution.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Evolution and climate change are both issues that causes the opposition to throw up their hands and say it's a religion. It's.just ignorance on behalf of the skeptics.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:

Are you saying we shouldnt be spending money on studying the planet and the climate?

There are no holes in evolution.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:47 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Evolution and climate change are both issues that causes the opposition to throw up
When I read this the first time I stopped here and laughed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
their hands and say it's a religion. It's.just ignorance on behalf of the skeptics.
I think that the end of the little ice age was soot in the snow on top of the permanent ice in the artic. With out that My read is we would not have ended the little ice age.

The presence of ice is a positive feedback loop in the climate that tends to amplify small changes into big ones. You want stable all ice or no ice.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:52 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
When I read this the first time I stopped here and laughed.
I think that the end of the little ice age was soot in the snow on top of the permanent ice in the artic. With out that My read is we would not have ended the little ice age.
Not just the arctic but the glaciers in Northern Europe etc. This is supported by evidence:

End of the Little Ice Age in the Alps forced by industrial black carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
You want stable all ice or no ice.
And then you jumped the shark... and I laughed.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:03 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Not just the arctic but the glaciers in Northern Europe etc. This is supported by evidence:

End of the Little Ice Age in the Alps forced by industrial black carbon
So no industrial revolution, no end to the little ice age. That means a big ice age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post

And then you jumped the shark... and I laughed.
We can't capture and hold this currently pleasant climate. We are at this level set for large scale methane release in the artic. It will warm up. My read is if you don't want it to warm up then we need to cool it off substantially. Ice age. So would you rather have New York City under a lot of water? or under a lot of ice?

The vast majority of the last 1.2 million years has been ice age. The far minority of the time has been interglacial warm periods.

So how much do we have to warm this place up to keep from having another ice age?

Old 03-02-2015, 04:09 PM

415 posts, read 560,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Yeah, my town (Huntsville, AL) is expected to get 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow...
So much for 'Global Warming'...
I call it GloBull Warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies