Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2015, 09:48 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times

Advertisements

Interesting read. From one of your own.

The Tragic Tear In U.S.-Israel Relations*|*Alon Ben-Meir

I want every Israeli to think for one moment what will happen if the U.S. votes in favor, or even abstains, the next time the Palestinians push for a UNSC resolution to establish a state based on the 1967 borders -- which they will be encouraged to reintroduce in the wake of the U.S.-Israeli crisis.
Within a few days, more than 100 countries would recognize it. Israel would become an occupier of another state, subject to massive international sanctions. Many countries would withdraw their ambassadors, further isolating Israel and making it a pariah state. Scores of its officials would be threatened with facing the International Criminal Court for human-rights violations.

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 09:56 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Okay. Then I must address these questions.

1) Why is the settlement issue the staple of the conflict when their were no such thing as settlements prior to 1967?

2) Who held the higher contracting power in the West Bank in which settlements are illegal?

3) Why had a Palestinian State respectfully failed to be created under the occupations of Jordan and Egypt before 1967? Why has a Palestinian State today failed today after numerous attempts, considering the harsh "Israeli occupation"?

I'm asking real questions, not to flame bait.

I don't have your answers.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:05 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Interesting read. From one of your own.

The Tragic Tear In U.S.-Israel Relations*|*Alon Ben-Meir

I want every Israeli to think for one moment what will happen if the U.S. votes in favor, or even abstains, the next time the Palestinians push for a UNSC resolution to establish a state based on the 1967 borders -- which they will be encouraged to reintroduce in the wake of the U.S.-Israeli crisis.
Within a few days, more than 100 countries would recognize it. Israel would become an occupier of another state, subject to massive international sanctions. Many countries would withdraw their ambassadors, further isolating Israel and making it a pariah state. Scores of its officials would be threatened with facing the International Criminal Court for human-rights violations.

What say you?
I need not to comment about Netanyahu and his political career as this is a separate debate. While he is not top choice for office, he is simply not the worst either.

That being said, I reject Alon Ben-Meir's notion for Israel's retreat to the 1967 borders. I have been persuaded by the actions of the Palestinians over the years that the Oslo type agreements is simply a number of small steps in dismembering Israel as a sovereign nation. Arab political thought and the core of it's ideology can never accept an "Western Imperialistic country" as its neighbor. Instead, they consensus of a Judenrein Palestine with an established Islamic Caliphate is what is desired by the Palestinian leaderships of the PA and Hamas.

For the United States to not veto a UNSC Resolution for a 1967 bordered Palestinian State, would be in direct violation of UNSC Resolution 242, which does not require Israel to withdraw to the 6/4/1967 borders. This only resolution to the conflict of the West Bank is through 242, which asks for the borders to be negotiated with a peace agreement (I.E peace with Egypt and Jordan). The Palestinians cannot comprise with these borders, because then the Palestinian leadership would then be a full autonomous nation without the billions of dollars of free aid. I digress.

If the United States and the World pressure Israel into a bad deal into accepting the 1967 borders, then the Palestinians will shift their debate to the 1947 borders, and demand Israel to withdrawal to the 1947 borders. Thus, Hamas terrorist attacks would continue, The UN would further condemn Israel of "occupation", The P.A will continue to receive free money for corrupted purposes, and the Hamas vision of ISIS style executions will ever become closer to reality.

If Palestine is truly humiliated and tired of the Israeli 'occupation', then why had it never accepted any Israeli offers for statehood? It may not be the offer they want, but is an independent state they dream for a better alternative to this "horrific occupation"? The United States should not pressure into Israel into a bad deal but instead, support mutual negotiations for its borders.

This also raises a number question, once the 67 borders are established, what of Hamas?

Last edited by BMoreJuice; 02-05-2015 at 11:14 AM..

Old 02-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I don't have your answers.
Well then, i'm not sure what to tell you then bud.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:26 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
I need not to comment about Netanyahu and his political career as this is a separate debate. While he is not top choice for office, he is simply not the worst either.

That being said, I reject Alon Ben-Meir's notion for Israel's retreat to the 1967 borders. I have been persuaded by the actions of the Palestinians over the years that the Oslo type agreements is simply a number of small steps in dismembering Israel as a sovereign nation. Arab political thought and the core of it's ideology can never accept an "Western Imperialistic country" as its neighbor. Instead, they consensus of a Judenrein Palestine with an established Islamic Caliphate is what is desired by the Palestinian leaderships of the PA and Hamas.

For the United States to not veto a UNSC Resolution for a 1967 bordered Palestinian State, would be in direct violation of UNSC Resolution 242, which does not require Israel to withdraw to the 6/4/1967 borders. This only resolution to the conflict of the West Bank is through 242, which asks for the borders to be negotiated with a peace agreement (I.E peace with Egypt and Jordan). The Palestinians cannot comprise with these borders, because then the Palestinian leadership would then be a full autonomous nation without the billions of dollars of free aid. I digress.

If the United States and the World pressure Israel into a bad deal into accepting the 1967 borders, then the Palestinians will shift their debate to the 1947 borders, and demand Israel to withdrawal to the 1947 borders. Thus, Hamas terrorist attacks would continue, The UN would further condemn Israel of "occupation", The P.A will continue to receive free money for corrupted purposes, and the Hamas vision of ISIS style executions will ever become closer to reality.

If Palestine is truly humiliated and tired of the Israeli 'occupation', then why had it never accepted any Israeli offers for statehood? It may not be the offer they want, but is an independent state they dream for a better alternative to this "horrific occupation"? The United States should not pressure into Israel into a bad deal but instead, support mutual negotiations for its borders.

This also raises a number question, once the 67 borders are established, what of Hamas?
Thank you for the well written, measured response to Ben Meir's piece. You bring out many good points for the other side of a complex situation. Obviously, there's more to the story than has been portrayed by both sides of the issue.
I wish this thread didn't have "Jew Hating White house" as it's foundation. It's very hard to get past that tag line and discuss rationally.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Thank you for the well written, measured response to Ben Meir's piece. You bring out many good points for the other side of a complex situation. Obviously, there's more to the story than has been portrayed by both sides of the issue.
I wish this thread didn't have "Jew Hating White house" as it's foundation. It's very hard to get past that tag line and discuss rationally.
You're welcome and my thoughts exactly. I have debated with Arab participants from the ME who have extremely polar opposite views but never extorted to Jewish conspiracies. We as American's truly do not understand the world around us.

Fyi:Too add to my post, while the Palestinian Authority and Hamas have their agenda against Israel, the Palestinian people suffer the most by being decoys for the Arab struggle.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:08 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,589,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Not likely. An anti-Zionist named Henry Clifford claimed BenGurion said that to him, but only revealed it after Ben-Gurion died. So no way to prove it and most likely complete BS. There is no other record of that statement anywhere.

It's a favorite quote on antisemetic websites which state it as fact, not unlike what you did here.
Not only him, several Israelis politicians made similar statements and even worst against Israeli illegal occupation of Palestine, you can twist the facts but these statement exists even on official documents.

Einstein Letter Warning Of Zionist Facism In Israel
Letter That Albert Einstein sent to the New York Times in 1948,protesting the visit of Menachem Begin

Einstein Letter Warning Of Zionist Facism In Israel

Einstein on Palestine and Israel
http://thehypertexts.com/Nakba%20Hol...n%20Israel.htm

Old 02-05-2015, 03:16 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I am not anti-Jew. I do not support Zionist fanatics any more than I support any other fanatics.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:35 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,589,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The arrogance and narcissism of this administration is amazing. He is throwing a tantrum when the leader of one of our few real friends and allies addresses congress? What business of his is it in the first place? He can throw his tantrums in the White House, that's the home of the Executive branch, not the Capitol.

Now, where was he when that corrupt POS from Mexico (Calderon) was allowed to address congress? And while doing so was rude enough to criticize our laws and our treatment of criminals?
Real friend and ally ? it has never been a US ally, this 'ally' spies on America ? It is a burden that is costing America money, time, energy and American lives !
No thanks, we don't need friends or allies like that

Old 02-05-2015, 08:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Real friend and ally ? it has never been a US ally, this 'ally' spies on America ? It is a burden that is costing America money, time, energy and American lives !
No thanks, we don't need friends or allies like that
Guarantee to me, and show me facts, the US does not spy on it's allies. So are illegals costing America money and jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies