Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times

Advertisements

Yet they invited a bunch of terrorists to the white house a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 10:30 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingforarip View Post
I have never previously seen Israel as detrimental to American security interests, I do now. What Bibi is saying is not that he will only accept an agreement that, essentially, he gets to write, but that he insists the U.S. attack Iran and destroy their nuclear enrichment capability. This is so because that is the predictable result. This makes Israel's interests clearly not ours and he is overstepping his bounds. Would it be looked at the same if Putin made such a speech? How about the PM of Iran? didn't think so. Maybe it is time for the U.S. to pull back from Israel and let them try to make on their own. I think it is.
Please enlighten me, what other country in the world does not produce policy via for self interests? Very hypocritical to blame one leader for the same real-politik policies another country does (aka USA). Also, the Anti-Israel hype is over another country that shares liberal democracy as a common ground. Both countries have mutual interests in solving the Iranian nuclear program; Israel's concern is more of an existential threat than the United States.

That being said, I would like to address that while you moan about Israeli policy towards the U.S about Iran, lets not forget that the U.S government uses the Israeli platform to garnish bi-partisan votes as well as for national security interests.

Quote:
Israel is the third most hated nation in the world. The only reason they exist, is because of us, our funding, our intelligence, and our military capability.

Just like your crew member, Israel existed and fought two wars without U.S assistance from 1948-1967. Israel as a hated nation because of its Jewish majority does not give depth to your argument.

Quote:
Get a few maverick pro US senators who don't care about APAIC influence to tell Netanyahu to either show us the respect we deserve, stop trying to bully us into a war for them, or face the world alone.

Israel would change their tune very quickly.
You really think APAIC is the culprit here? What does Israel offer than the Arab countries don't? Oil? Iran oil?

This is a national security issue as well as a Middle Eastern issue, the fear of Iranian hegemony in the Levant, undermining U.S Interests. A nuclear arms race in the Middle East and the increase of refugee's, radicalization and violence of the Sunni-Shia conflict.

But yes, AIPAC has super human powers to triumph these decisions, especially over democrats...

Old 02-25-2015, 10:52 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
"What has happened over the last several weeks, by virtue of the invitation that was issued by the Speaker [John Boehner] and the acceptance of it by Prime Minister Netanyahu two weeks in advance of his election, is that on both sides, there has now been injected a degree of partisanship, which is not only unfortunate, I think it's destructive of the fabric of the relationship," Rice told PBS' Charlie Rose.

..."It's always been bipartisan," Rice added. "We need to keep it that way. We want it that way. I think Israel wants it that way. The American people want it that way. When it becomes injected or infused with politics, that's a problem."

SMH...Rice who? Susan Rice ?? Condaleeza Rice ?? Where's a link? How can you start a Thread and be soooooooooo Vague ??

Don't ASSUME people automatically Understand !!

Old 02-25-2015, 10:59 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:

Israel is the third most hated nation in the world. The only reason they exist, is because of us, our funding, our intelligence, and our military capabilities.
That's a bold face LIE.

That IS NOT THE ONLY REASON THEY EXIST!!!

Old 02-25-2015, 11:00 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Please enlighten me, what other country in the world does not produce policy via for self interests? Very hypocritical to blame one leader for the same real-politik policies another country does (aka USA). Also, the Anti-Israel hype is over another country that shares liberal democracy as a common ground. Both countries have mutual interests in solving the Iranian nuclear program; Israel's concern is more of an existential threat than the United States.

That being said, I would like to address that while you moan about Israeli policy towards the U.S about Iran, lets not forget that the U.S government uses the Israeli platform to garnish bi-partisan votes as well as for national security interests.

Just like your crew member, Israel existed and fought two wars without U.S assistance from 1948-1967. Israel as a hated nation because of its Jewish majority does not give depth to your argument.

You really think APAIC is the culprit here? What does Israel offer than the Arab countries don't? Oil? Iran oil?

This is a national security issue as well as a Middle Eastern issue, the fear of Iranian hegemony in the Levant, undermining U.S Interests. A nuclear arms race in the Middle East and the increase of refugee's, radicalization and violence of the Sunni-Shia conflict.

But yes, AIPAC has super human powers to triumph these decisions, especially over democrats...
Here's some pushback from one of the most respected Jewish Scholars alive today. It isn't only anti Semites who find Netanyahu and his right wing political agenda to be morally and criminally wrong.

"That is the context in which we should understand the actions of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, which have led me to write my first fully public statement criticizing a sitting Israeli government official. This statement comes after careful consideration because I am heartbroken about the current state of affairs. Like an increasing number of American Jews, I want to make it clear that Netanyahu does not speak for me.
The Netanyahu government includes political parties committed to retaining possession of the West Bank in perpetuity. Netanyahu himself has thrown up roadblocks to successful negotiation. Unwilling for political reasons to publicly acknowledge that he will not enter into an equitable land-for-peace deal with the Palestinians, he has damaged Israel's reputation in the world and significantly undermined the democratic, pluralistic vision of Zionism and the moral core of Israeli life."

Netanyahu in Congress: Confronting a Train Wreck*|*Rabbi David A. Teutsch

The speech he makes to Congress in March will be his undoing and his final swan song. Mark my words.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:03 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,999,569 times
Has anyone noticed how the Obama supporters call Netanyahu "Bibi" all the time now that their leader (and by extension they) doesn't/don't like him? It's a curious phenomenon and a marker of some unsettling trends in attitudes toward the Jews that merit future attention.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:22 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Here's some pushback from one of the most respected Jewish Scholars alive today. It isn't only anti Semites who find Netanyahu and his right wing political agenda to be morally and criminally wrong.

"That is the context in which we should understand the actions of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, which have led me to write my first fully public statement criticizing a sitting Israeli government official. This statement comes after careful consideration because I am heartbroken about the current state of affairs. Like an increasing number of American Jews, I want to make it clear that Netanyahu does not speak for me.
The Netanyahu government includes political parties committed to retaining possession of the West Bank in perpetuity. Netanyahu himself has thrown up roadblocks to successful negotiation. Unwilling for political reasons to publicly acknowledge that he will not enter into an equitable land-for-peace deal with the Palestinians, he has damaged Israel's reputation in the world and significantly undermined the democratic, pluralistic vision of Zionism and the moral core of Israeli life."

Netanyahu in Congress: Confronting a Train Wreck*|*Rabbi David A. Teutsch

You do know you quoted a left leaning American based person, right? Also the person you are quoting got his ordination as part of his Masters degree ( which was about 5 years mixed with other items) at a Reform based university. so he really represents nothing with his title as Rabbi.

Rabbi David A. Teutsch
Become a Rabbi | Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion

Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times
Quote:
I have never previously seen Israel as detrimental to American security interests, I do now. What Bibi is saying is not that he will only accept an agreement that, essentially, he gets to write, but that he insists the U.S. attack Iran and destroy their nuclear enrichment capability. This is so because that is the predictable result. This makes Israel's interests clearly not ours and he is overstepping his bounds. Would it be looked at the same if Putin made such a speech? How about the PM of Iran? didn't think so. Maybe it is time for the U.S. to pull back from Israel and let them try to make on their own. I think it is.

Israel is the third most hated nation in the world. The only reason they exist, is because of us, our funding, our intelligence, and our military capability.

Get a few maverick pro US senators who don't care about APAIC influence to tell Netanyahu to either show us the respect we deserve, stop trying to bully us into a war for them, or face the world alone.

Israel would change their tune very quickly.
Agree, Israel is pushing America into wars , against Iran , Syria , anything that work their interests and this is not in the interest of the US.

If Nothin-yahu insist then let Israel go to war alone against Iran , this is not American issue , America has been set up by Israeli to go war ,anytime Israel wants to.

President Obama just like former French President Sarkozy are right when they say : Nothin-yahu is a liar.
The Israeli PM is in fact a crook, trying to play the Congress against the President , this is a disgrace for the Republican party and their Democrats allies.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Israel fought in the 1960's without any US assistance?

Old 02-25-2015, 08:40 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Susan rice parroting the latest political talking points as she is programmed to do in the best enthusiastic imitation of debbie wasserman shultz. Nothing there worth listening to.

So the terrorists feel that because obama doesn't want to meet with and condems BN's visit he thinks it will be a bridge to friendship as they abandoin their religion? With whom is obama concerned that he might give a wrong impression?

The islamic terrorists are smart enough to see the bottom line and that is Israel and the US are partners no matter the optics Obama/Jarrett think are so critical.

Obama is like a little kid doing a magic trick, clumsy, awkward and obvious.. but his family says, 'good boy, that was great!". You think obama's slight of hand and carefully chosen rhetoric makes a difference where it counts? Terrorists are training children and feeding them lies. so if obama wears ashes and sack cloth and speaks in carefully chosen words, he is the only person fooled by his literary skills, thesaurus and ever present mirror.
This was a serious mistake by Boehner and an underestimation by Netanyahu, if you wanted to damage US -Israeli relations this is the solution . I would bet that he is looking for a way out but at this point he has to go through with this nonsense next week.

So can we expect another speech by him that Iran is 1 year away from nuclear capability as he stated in 2012, this serves no purpose and half of congress won't be attending so what did he accomplish other than acting as a drama queen once again.

According to them Iran has been a year away from nuclear capability for decades, no credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies