Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 02:33 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Apparently Nutanyahoo thinks he is better at Congressional Security Briefings than the US Security contingent.
Is this the same US Security contingent that:

Missed the Undie Bomber, even after being warned.
Missed the Boston Bombers, even after being warned
Was surprised by the Arab Spring
Called Bashar al-Assad a Reformer
Claimed a victory when US Troops pulled out of Iraq
Was totally unprepared for the Attack on the US Diplomatic Missions in Egypt & Benghazi
Said Al-Qaeda is on the run
Was shocked when Putin took over Crimea and started a War in Ukraine
Totally missed the rise of ISIS/ISIL/IS & called then JV
Drew a Red Line for Syria & then ignored it.
Caught with their pants down in Yemen and had to abandon the US Embassy
Has no clue about what to do about the new ISIS/ISIL/IS stronghold & training grounds in Libya (which we gave them).

The US Security contingent sets a pretty low bar.
I'll listen and just "hope" that we can get some straight facts about the Iranian DEAL - which even Congress is not allowed to know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 02:33 PM

1,006 posts, read 734,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
If Obama makes the decision to allow Iran to become a nuclear umbrella powerhouse in the Middle East, U.S Foreign Policy will change forever. If Obama feels that he needs to throw his allies under the bus, accept more genocide in the region and create a Security Dilemma in the region, then the world has nobody else to blame than the United States.

Israel's national security will not be jeopardized because of Obama 's Bi-Partisan politics.
How is he throwing them under the bus, Netanyahu purposely mislead US intelligence on gathered information regarding Irans nuclear capabilities. It was not until Mossad leaked diplomatic cables that we discovered this. Is this really the behavior we want from a "close" ally?

Old 03-02-2015, 02:48 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayahuasca_mike View Post
I dont think the fear of a nuclear Iran is fabricated nor do I believe its being embellished. But the reality is Israeli intelligence is all over that area and have made an assessment that striking is not in its best interests until ALL diplomatic means have been exhausted. Mossad's primary interests is that of the security of Israel and its interests. I think we are mostly on the same page but I fail to realize how a premature confrontation would serve anyone. This deal could cool the tensions between countries, my parents have been to Iran pre-revolution and tell me of how kind the people are. I have no doubt they are still the same from the Iranians I've met here in the states. I regularly visit a Jewish cafe here in Dallas for lunch, again beautiful kind people. We owe it to each other to try diplomacy no matter how difficult it may be. If it does not work then so be it. Iran violates the deal then sanctions and possible strikes occur.
Israel will not make any premature decisions. However, we are gearing towards the end of all diplomatic channels, which the United States is desperately trying to make a any deal it can. This deal could allow Iran to the bomb within months, which is unacceptable to Israel, due to the genocidal threats of Iran.

Bibi's speech will be nothing more but to persuade Obama that America needs to not make a silly deal but to do what ever it can to abstain Iran from going nuclear. People think its a precursor to war, its just a message to a nearing time.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
How is he throwing them under the bus, Netanyahu purposely mislead US intelligence on gathered information regarding Irans nuclear capabilities. It was not until Mossad leaked diplomatic cables that we discovered this. Is this really the behavior we want from a "close" ally?
This is not true.

Mossad cables hardly contradict Netanyahu on Iran | The Times of Israel

Old 03-02-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Israel will not make any premature decisions. However, we are gearing towards the end of all diplomatic channels, which the United States is desperately trying to make a any deal it can. This deal could allow Iran to the bomb within months, which is unacceptable to Israel, due to the genocidal threats of Iran.

Bibi's speech will be nothing more but to persuade Obama that America needs to not make a silly deal but to do what ever it can to abstain Iran from going nuclear. People think its a precursor to war, its just a message to a nearing time.
As it stands, and Mossads assessment; which I find far more credible and Bibi's is that currently Iran has no capabilities of enriching to the 90% need for an actual nuclear ICBM. The cables themselves stated that as it stands they dont possess the skills or technology for months wise turnaround given instruction to do so. Now a dirty bomb is significantly different but considering there have been cases of stolen small amounts of uranium this scenario is no different to me. We need to consider just how grueling this war will be. Even as I think objectively and solely from a geopolitical standpoint we should be attempting to avoid war. Saying it is inevitable is not honest.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
You're giving me one source from a known agenda driven source. I've read this article, it does nothing to quell the obvious rift between Mossad and the Prime Minister.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
As it stands, and Mossads assessment; which I find far more credible and Bibi's is that currently Iran has no capabilities of enriching to the 90% need for an actual nuclear ICBM. The cables themselves stated that as it stands they dont possess the skills or technology for months wise turnaround given instruction to do so. Now a dirty bomb is significantly different but considering there have been cases of stolen small amounts of uranium this scenario is no different to me. We need to consider just how grueling this war will be. Even as I think objectively and solely from a geopolitical standpoint we should be attempting to avoid war. Saying it is inevitable is not honest.
This Mossad assessment is a phony. Please read the regarding link and never trust "The Guardian" on its lack of professional Journalism.

Iran knows what it is doing and Israel knows what it is doing. I'm hoping America does too.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
You're giving me one source from a known agenda driven source. I've read this article, it does nothing to quell the obvious rift between Mossad and the Prime Minister.

Times of Israel is not agenda driven. It has 50,000 bloggers with different view points, but caters more to the center and English speakers.

Quell's or not, In house politics does not equate that the Mossad believes that Iran is not near a bomb. The article explains everything in depth and this should not be confused with 'bias'. The authors picks out the fallacies and cherry picked sentences.

The Spymaster: Meir Dagan on Iran's threat - YouTube

Meir Dagan in 2012 even confirms on behalf of the Mossad that Iran is heading towards becoming nuclear.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
This Mossad assessment is a phony. Please read the regarding link and never trust "The Guardian" on its lack of professional Journalism.

Iran knows what it is doing and Israel knows what it is doing. I'm hoping America does too.
Its not just the guardian. Al Jazeera, a noews source in Sunni based country broke the news. They would be less interested in an agenda as interest of both countries are served by deterring a nuclear Iran. I'm less inclined to believe your news "source" unfortunately.

Mossad contradicted Netanyahu on Iran nuclear programme - Al Jazeera English
http://www.newsweek.com/mossad-iran-netanyahu-309440
‘Colin Powell’ Netanyahu: Mossad Leaks Expose Bibi’s ‘Red Line’ Lies At The UN | David Stockman's Contra Corner
Mossad: Bibi Wrong About Iranian Nuke - The Daily Beast

Ex Mossad chief on Natanyahus policies and deception.
Ex-Mossad chief Meir Dagan to headline anti-Netanyahu rally - National - Israel News | Haaretz

Old 03-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Times of Israel is not agenda driven. It has 50,000 bloggers with different view points, but caters more to the center and English speakers.

Quell's or not, In house politics does not equate that the Mossad believes that Iran is not near a bomb. The article explains everything in depth and this should not be confused with 'bias'. The authors picks out the fallacies and cherry picked sentences.

The Spymaster: Meir Dagan on Iran's threat - YouTube

Meir Dagan in 2012 even confirms on behalf of the Mossad that Iran is heading towards becoming nuclear.
Yet Meir Dagan is speaking against Netanyahu and his deceptive policies. And the Guardian is a significantly larger publication with far more journalists, not just bloggers.

'Netanyahu has caused Israel the most strategic damage on Iran' - Israel News, Ynetnews

Former Mossad head urges Israeli voters to oust Binyamin Netanyahu | World news | The Guardian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies