Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 04:13 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,901,200 times

Advertisements

I don't get religious people. you say, she says its morally wrong and she wont sell flowers to a gay couple. many of you here back her up. Doesn't something in that little black book you preach about say something along the lines of treating others like you like to be treated and let judgment of others fall upon your "Jesus/god"?

this is why I hate religion. People use it to be judge dredd of others. who makes you to be judge, jury and executioner of what your deity wants?

disagree with the lifestyle all you want, dislike someone for their skin all you want, for their clothes they wear all you want but stop trying to be your deities left hand and passing judgment and punishment upon those who you and your little book disagree with (even if it doesn't necessarily say it).

then again I firmly believe those(especially some of you here) who pass judgment and pull this crap will eventually end up in a place worse in the long term. or at least I hope so. Karma, that I believe in.

I might agree with folks who try to act thug, but I wouldn't stop selling it to them. they can have multiple husbands,wives, whatever and I wont judge them.

But if they plan to hurt others by say, building a homemade bomb, then yes I would stop them. I think some of you need to figure out the difference and then come back to this thread.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:20 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,225,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Oh, but you do. Commerce is regulated. When you choose to offer goods and services to the public, you must obey the laws, including those prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation.

But I think it's great she is choosing to refuse. This is how awesome legal precedents are set.
LoL, are you serious? Discrimination based on sexual orientation. That means based on the fact whether someone is a male or female, not their choice of who they bang. Not only that, that discrimination is based on when the hire somebody. A private business has the right to serve whatever customers they decide or not decide.

I'm in construction. If I know of a builder that wants to hire me, but doesn't pay his bills and he's gay, is the government going to make me subcontract from him anyways?

You're confusing the laws with your agenda I believe.

SS

Old 02-25-2015, 04:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,605,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
LoL, are you serious? Discrimination based on sexual orientation. That means based on the fact whether someone is a male or female, not their choice of who they bang.
You're talking about gender, not sexual orientation.

Quote:
Not only that, that discrimination is based on when the hire somebody. A private business has the right to serve whatever customers they decide or not decide.
But they don't. Plenty of businesses in the south wanted to serve whites only, but we all know how that eventually turned out.

Quote:
I'm in construction. If I know of a builder that wants to hire me, but doesn't pay his bills and he's gay, is the government going to make me subcontract from him anyways?
No. Not paying one's bills is not a protected class.

Quote:
You're confusing the laws with your agenda I believe.

SS

I was thinking the same about you.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effielin View Post
Geez, DPolo, I hope if you have a heart attack someday that the only doctor available is gay.. lol.. feel free to stick to your VALUES then...

I am totally amazed again and again how its always the religious people who are sooo full of hate..
#1. He did not state anywhere that he is religious.

#2. You hope he has a heart attack? Well there's a little dash of tolerance that'll help make your case now won't it?

Assumptions are always made that the person who chooses not to support gay marriages has to be a devout Christian. Gays are a miniscule percentage of the overall population in this country, and believe it or not, there are plenty of non-Christian people who also do not support gay marriage.

Attacking those who do not believe it's right shows a lack of intolerance from this miniscule percentage, and therefore only strengthens their resolve that they should fight it. You aren't doing your cause any favors, just so you know.

SS

Old 02-25-2015, 04:35 PM

Here is the link to Washington's Law Against Discrimination, RCW 49.60. Read it for yourselves.

Chapter 49.60 RCW: DISCRIMINATION

Old 02-25-2015, 04:35 PM

2,866 posts, read 3,619,057 times
There is going to come a time, and it is already beginning, where if you are a person of faith and choose to live your faith, you are not going to be able to be successful. If you are a person in the medical profession and work for a medical entity you are going to have to participate in abortions to some degree. Either that or not be employed. Same thing with the whole homosexual marriage ball of wax. You can say "I'll sell you the cake and the two male/female figurines for you to place on top". "No, we want YOU to put them on top and deliver the cake to us AND participate in our wedding ceremony". Same thing with a photographer. How many studios are there around where someone could alternately go if turned down. But it is NOT about finding a suitable photographer as much as it is forcing someone to accept/celebrate your lifestyle. You see, the radical homosexual lobby, the "Pink Nazis" are forcing it upon all of us. As I said before, "Law-fare". Hell I'd sell them the cake, their money is just as green as anyone else's. But we all know that it is going to go further than that. There is always a progression with progressives. Wait until it comes down to your having to sign an official statement that you accept their lifestyle before you are eligible for employment.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:41 PM

920 posts, read 630,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
I don't get religious people. you say, she says its morally wrong and she wont sell flowers to a gay couple. many of you here back her up. Doesn't something in that little black book you preach about say something along the lines of treating others like you like to be treated and let judgment of others fall upon your "Jesus/god"?

this is why I hate religion. People use it to be judge dredd of others. who makes you to be judge, jury and executioner of what your deity wants?

disagree with the lifestyle all you want, dislike someone for their skin all you want, for their clothes they wear all you want but stop trying to be your deities left hand and passing judgment and punishment upon those who you and your little book disagree with (even if it doesn't necessarily say it).

then again I firmly believe those(especially some of you here) who pass judgment and pull this crap will eventually end up in a place worse in the long term. or at least I hope so. Karma, that I believe in.

I might agree with folks who try to act thug, but I wouldn't stop selling it to them. they can have multiple husbands,wives, whatever and I wont judge them.

But if they plan to hurt others by say, building a homemade bomb, then yes I would stop them. I think some of you need to figure out the difference and then come back to this thread.

The Torah states: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination.

That is not a judgment. That is a clear statement of what constitutes immorality and sin. It is among a list of sins that include incest and beastiality. It places no judgment on anyone. It states clearly what constitutes a sin. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with a lifestyle and there was no intention on the part of the business owner of hatred or to cause pain. She cried and hugged the person...how eeeeviiil.

You hate religion because it provides an unequivocal statement of morality. It does not bend with the shifting fads of society. It does not allow for moral equivalence. It is a foundation of moral principles.

You HATE that people uphold those morals because you choose not to and you can't handle the reality that homosexuality is a sin. Sorry, this hurts your feelings, but bullying others, belittling their faith in a moral code doesn't change that.

I love how you belittle the bible in one breath and then preach from it in the next...treating others like you want to be treated....

There is no judgment here, anymore than there is judgment on a person who steals. Stealing is a sin. Should we not pass judgment as to the crime of theft because the thief feels judged?

Nothing Barronelle did had anything to do with punishment or judgment. She stated her moral principles and apologized for being unable to perform a service that would betray her religious beliefs.

God will judge us all. He provided a guideline for us to follow in our lives. To do that, sometimes it means upholding principles that hurt other people's feelings because of their moral compass. That is how life works.

Isn't your wish for Karma a judgment on those with whom you disagree?

Old 02-25-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Oh, I get it. You are gay but repressing it. The vulgar description of sex acts gives you away.
Sorry honey, he's just describing how most men think. Only these thoughts are processed within milliseconds upon seeing a woman. It's DNA, so if you're upset with the description, blame God or genetics or whoever for making men like that. Trust me it's not by choice, and if we could turn it off with a switch when we wanted to, we would.

Vulgar? Yes. Accurate? Very.

Your naivety is quite amusing however.

SS

Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Apparently.

I do wonder how she rationalizes that little bit of hypocrisy.
Did you read the article? They said she is southern Baptist, in which case if true, rationalizing hypocrisy is 2nd nature.

You know why you always take 2 Baptists fishing with you? Because if you only bring one, he'll drink all your beer. If you bring 2, neither one will touch it.

SS

Old 02-25-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Sorry honey, he's just describing how most men think. Only these thoughts are processed within milliseconds upon seeing a woman. It's DNA, so if you're upset with the description, blame God or genetics or whoever for making men like that. Trust me it's not by choice, and if we could turn it off with a switch when we wanted to, we would.

Vulgar? Yes. Accurate? Very.

Your naivety is quite amusing however.

SS
Really? Most men think about "rubbing their sausages together"? I did not know that. But God or genetics or whoever made them that way, and it's not a choice, you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies