Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 06:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I set prices for a number of products sold to US consumers and you can rest assured that our tax rate is built into pricing to reach the desired after tax rate of return.

I'm guessing some of the posters here have spent their entire lives either working for the govt. in some capacity or working out of the home etc. Just no concept of having to cover "costs" or sell products etc.
actually most of the posters have never worked an accounting job where they had to set the prices of things they sell. someone else did that for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 06:58 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I expect the companies I an invested in to use every loophole they can.
Yes....but would real capitalism where corporations compete on a even basis be better?

I mean thats one of the issues here. This isn't a fair competition anymore when one company using loopholes gets to shave billions off of its costs.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is whats wrong with our tax system....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/25/bu.../dealbook&_r=1

Loopholes like these that are used by megacorporations are completely insane.
And government bureaucrats made the laws. The current resident at 1600 took MILLIONS in campaign money from them. Dems did absolutely nothing to change these laws while in power. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

But, alas, lefties will continue to push the false narrative that ONLY republicans support corporations.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:07 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Yes....but would real capitalism where corporations compete on a even basis be better?

I mean thats one of the issues here. This isn't a fair competition anymore when one company using loopholes gets to shave billions off of its costs.
Yes.

The current administrations crony capitalism has created the greatest wealth discrepancy in American history.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:47 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
"For the first time in 35 years, American business deaths now outnumber business births.

Let's get one thing clear: This economy is never truly coming back unless we reverse the birth and death trends of American businesses."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...america-doomed

Old 02-27-2015, 12:10 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:

Yes, it would be. Unfortunately both the major parties, more the dems than the pubs like to interfere with the free market.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:05 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually most of the posters have never worked an accounting job where they had to set the prices of things they sell. someone else did that for them.
Anyone that has operated a small business, and yes...even management types that are given the pricing know when it changed and what caused it and are aware that higher taxes would impact their product pricing.

Anyone capable of doing a modest financial analysis should know this.

P.S. I'm not an accountant.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Seriously? You want to make this political? We can go list both left and right issues (Haliburton ring a bell?) It doesn't change the underlying fact that its bad. People like you making things like this about politics are one of the reasons these things still occur.
I'm pointing out the failed campaign promises to address stuff like this.

So, quite the opposite....it's people like you that fail to hold YOUR candidates accountable that are the reason these things still occur.

P.S. Halliburton is still the biggest contractor going (gee, I thought that was just due to Bush lol).....but by all means, try to make the other side look to be worse, it isn't hard.....my point is they are BOTH bad but only one party LIES that they are looking out for the little guy and going to do things like...."take those excess profits".

P.S.S. Just so you don't get too hurt, the reps lie about fiscal policy. They are just as much deficit spenders while lying to their sheep about the dems spending.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
How dare they use the system to not pay all that money. Everyone here would do the same. Don't be the first to cast the stone. Plus, these loopholes are voted on by out sick politicians. It's them that should pay.
Vote for Hillary in 2016, she'll really crack down on those corporations.

She'll take their "excess profits" (in the former of campaign contributions like she got from Exxon)

She has keen insights from when she was on the board of one of the most beloved and worker friendly corporations in America.....Walmart.

Plus she has keen insights into off-shoring, destroying unions and US manufacturing given her instrumental help in joining with the Republicans in pushing NAFTA and gettting enough votes to pass it.

Remember, why vote for a Republican in 2016 when you can vote for oh wait....another Republican named Hillary.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The ability to directly tax the people.... We became slaves to the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies