Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 11:27 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,471,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I will create 20 threads if I have to, as I am finding out how many Communists, Marxists and Anarchists are infiltrated in all aspects of life here.
Are they fluoridating the water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 11:32 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
There's always the "Texas Option". March around the parking lot at Chipotle's with your loaded ARs when MOM is having a dinner meeting there.
The message to liberal pansies is unspoken but very clear.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:05 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
There are about 8 acres of land per person in the United States. The state of Iowa has about 36 million acres of land, with a population of 3.1 million. That means about 11.6 acres per person.

The average American eats roughly 2,000 pounds of food a year.

The Average American Ate (Literally) A Ton This Year : The Salt : NPR

Based on that, the average acre of land would feed between two to four people a year.

How Much Land Is Needed To Be Self Sufficient | Small Footprint Family

And depending on your diet and where you live, it can be a lot more, or less.

Crop Yield Verification

You'll need space for a house. As well as some trees for firewood/lumber.

Take your high school buddies out, buy some land, begin developing it for self-sufficiency. Buy a bunch of guns, build a concrete bunker, then secede from the United States.

We did that long ago. It was called the Nevada Territory.
Look what happened there.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:29 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,148 times
Quote:
There are about 8 acres of land per person in the United States. The state of Iowa has about 36 million acres of land, with a population of 3.1 million. That means about 11.6 acres per person.

The average American eats roughly 2,000 pounds of food a year.

The Average American Ate (Literally) A Ton This Year : The Salt : NPR

Based on that, the average acre of land would feed between two to four people a year.

How Much Land Is Needed To Be Self Sufficient | Small Footprint Family

And depending on your diet and where you live, it can be a lot more, or less.

Crop Yield Verification

You'll need space for a house. As well as some trees for firewood/lumber.

Take your high school buddies out, buy some land, begin developing it for self-sufficiency. Buy a bunch of guns, build a concrete bunker, then secede from the United States.

Maybe better to just apply for statehood seeing as how succession is illegal.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:12 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,199,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Maybe better to just apply for statehood seeing as how succession is illegal.

Who said secession is illegal? Does the Constitution say it is illegal? Where? Is there something wrong with secession? Would you fight me and kill me to prevent me from seceding? On what moral grounds is it righteous to kill a man who merely wants to be free?

The British told the colonists that secession was illegal. The King said George Washington and Thomas Jefferson had committed treason and should be hanged. Many Americans agreed with them(we call them "British loyalists" and "Benedict Arnold's").

Was American secession illegal? Should the British have fought to prevent American secession? Were the British justified in killing tens of thousands of Americans who just wanted to be independent? Were the British righteous in hiring Prussian mercenaries to prevent American independence?

Anyone who claims secession to be illegal, doesn't know what they are talking about. They are a group comprised mostly of ignorant cowards, led by ambitious tyrants.

And you know in your heart that you wouldn't actually shoot me to prevent me from seceding. Because you know in your heart that such an act would be evil. And Christians should realize that Jesus would never tolerate such deplorable behavior either.

Why don't you go read the Declaration of Independence. Especially Thomas Jefferson's original draft.

Jefferson’s “original Rough draught” of the Declaration of Independence - Declaring Independence: Drafting the Documents | Exhibitions - Library of Congress

Old 02-27-2015, 08:57 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,104 times
Quote:
Who said secession is illegal? Does the Constitution say it is illegal? Where? Is there something wrong with secession? Would you fight me and kill me to prevent me from seceding? On what moral grounds is it righteous to kill a man who merely wants to be free?

The British told the colonists that secession was illegal. The King said George Washington and Thomas Jefferson had committed treason and should be hanged. Many Americans agreed with them(we call them "British loyalists" and "Benedict Arnold's").

Was American secession illegal? Should the British have fought to prevent American secession? Were the British justified in killing tens of thousands of Americans who just wanted to be independent? Were the British righteous in hiring Prussian mercenaries to prevent American independence?

Anyone who claims secession to be illegal, doesn't know what they are talking about. They are a group comprised mostly of ignorant cowards, led by ambitious tyrants.

And you know in your heart that you wouldn't actually shoot me to prevent me from seceding. Because you know in your heart that such an act would be evil. And Christians should realize that Jesus would never tolerate such deplorable behavior either.

Why don't you go read the Declaration of Independence. Especially Thomas Jefferson's original draft.

Jefferson’s “original Rough draught” of the Declaration of Independence - Declaring Independence: Drafting the Documents | Exhibitions - Library of Congress
There was this thing that happened from 1860-1865 that was all about whether secession is illegal. In the end it turned out secession is illegal and the penalty is having an army carve a 50 mile wide swath of devastation across your land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman...rch_to_the_Sea

Old 02-28-2015, 12:41 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,441,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I will create 20 threads if I have to, as I am finding out how many Communists, Marxists and Anarchists are infiltrated in all aspects of life here.

I knew universities were full of Marxists and Communists but now I am finding more of them in several positions in Government, even came across some that have infiltrated large companies but obviously are good at hiding their true political agendas.

These people have no allegiance to the United States of America and may be working for some foreign Government as spies or trying to steal confidential information to share with the Chinese government.
Have you ever considered that what you are really finding out about is just your own paranoia, which has nothing to do with other people?

Old 02-28-2015, 12:55 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,508,343 times
You guys toss the words Marxist/Communist around so much you've pretty much diluted it of any meaning. Pretty much all it means is someone who's not a Tea Bagger extremist.

You've cried wolf a few too many times, Chicken Little.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:54 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,199,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
There was this thing that happened from 1860-1865 that was all about whether secession is illegal. In the end it turned out secession is illegal and the penalty is having an army carve a 50 mile wide swath of devastation across your land.

Sherman's March to the Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It didn't "turn out to be illegal". It was never legal or illegal. The president before Abraham Lincoln was James Buchanan, he didn't say it was illegal. Neither did the presidents before him. In fact, the concept of secession was basically the logical outcome to Thomas Jefferson's Kentucky resolutions, and the Declaration of Independence.

Read them.

The Kentucky Resolutions of 1798

Just because Abraham Lincoln was willing to kill as many Americans as was necessary to prevent southern secession, doesn't really mean secession is either legal or illegal. And to say secession is illegal today, makes about as much sense as saying secession was illegal in 1776.

The only issue here is whether or not the government has the will to prevent secession. Abraham Lincoln had no problem whatsoever in waging war against secession, then giving a hypocritical speech at Gettysburg. The question here is, how many Americans would Obama kill to prevent secession? How many Americans would you kill to prevent secession?

About 650,000 Americans died in the Civil War, back when our population was about 1/10th the size it is today. In relative terms, that would be the equivalent of 6.5 million Americans being killed to prevent secession. Is it worth it?

Here is a quote by H.L. Mencken on Lincoln's hypocrisy...

"The Gettysburg speech was at once the shortest and the most famous oration in American history... But let us not forget that it is poetry, not logic; beauty, not sense. Think of the argument in it! Put it into the cold words of everyday! The doctrine is simply this: that the Union soldiers who died at Gettysburg sacrificed their lives to the cause of self-determination – "that government of the people, by the people, for the people, should not perish from the earth". It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in the battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of their people to govern themselves."

Old 02-28-2015, 02:08 AM

89 posts, read 133,887 times
you would have to take this convo underground and use guerilla tactics amongst a small cell of trusted friends in order to make real change. or become a lone wolf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies