Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 02:40 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,929,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Washington D.C. mayor Muriel Bowser has decided to follow the wishes of her citizens after 70% of them voted to legalize recreational cannabis despite threats of being thrown in jail from certain congress critters.

As Washington Prepares To Legalize Pot, Congressman Threatens To Arrest Mayor : The Two-Way : NPR

We really need more elected officials like her. It will be very interesting to see what congress does next.
Yep, we can all sit around and celebrate the destruction of the American Constitution and the country!

Now about something dear to your heart, what about gay marriage? What if the citizens of California tell congress and the courts to pound sand when they pass a law outlawing gay marriage? What then? Celebrate that one?

Amazing, all of this destruction over a drug that makes you even more stupid than you already are.

You see, my little precious buttercup, without laws we have nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 02:44 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Defense lawyers your new medical references?
No, it is a well known condition. The defense lawyer tried to use the condition to sell the argument that Routh was insane, but it does not work that way because he made the choice to consume marijuana and therefore caused the psychosis himself.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:02 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is a well known condition. The defense lawyer tried to use the condition to sell the argument that Routh was insane, but it does not work that way because he made the choice to consume marijuana and therefore caused the psychosis himself.
Uh - my question did not involve alleged psychosis but using doctors hired to bolster trial positions as some form of data here.

Prosecution's doctors say he had cannabis-induced psychosis.
Defense doctors say he didn't.

And the jury didn't buy the weed thing. It's interesting that you do.
Ultimately, it bore no weight on the trial whatsoever.

Not exactly a solid argument here, Finn.
Keep grasping. Plenty of straw around.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:04 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Yep, we can all sit around and celebrate the destruction of the American Constitution and the country!

Amazing, all of this destruction over a drug that makes you even more stupid than you already are.

And you think drinking beer and hard liquor makes you intelligent? lol judging by your stupid post clearly it does not.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:07 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

Now about something dear to your heart, what about gay marriage? What if the citizens of California tell congress and the courts to pound sand when they pass a law outlawing gay marriage? What then? Celebrate that one?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hates freedom.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:16 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Marijuana usage when regulated means substance is clean and NOT full of stuff such as PCP/Formaldehyde..never mind some sort of garbage...then it's possible that when purchasing to get specific strains that are helpful medically..and the great boon to the state is "TAX Revenues"!! I don't see a problem..no one will force you to buy it..and educating society about Marijuana will dispel all the myths so many fear about it!!

JMO of course..But Utah was the Test case..and has worked out well..revenue wise..not to mention the pitfalls..which serves as valuable lessons by regulators. All items purchased should be labelled with dosage ( strength) along with pertinent informations accompanying to inform purchaser of dangers (leave around little kids as example) and directives to safeguard. It's no different than alcohol being left out for kids to grab and chugalug..especially pretty packagings....

Anyway..responsible regulations, usage, tax revenues make it Safer versus those buying it off the street..and who knows whats in it?? Could be loaded with OTC herbs one could buy in a store??

The sooner Federal folks GET it..The sooner the credit card/banking system will be able to recognize it and profit from Marijuana business's profits..IMO
What?? Do you mean Colorado? I don't think I've heard of Utah being the test case for legalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post

Originally Posted by odanny
Great news for the East Coast. While the Left Coast is legalizing marijuana, there has been no movement on the East Coast, until now. I expect Maine and possibly Massachusetts to becomes the first East Coast states to legalize. The Republican dominated Southeast will likely never legalize, with the possible exception of Florida.

Don't be so sure Utah is considering a bill to make medical weed legal.

100% agree. And we need to remember it too. Time for reform and it starts with how we chose candidates. The first step in running for office is to go and talk to rich people. That needs to change.

use face book or other social media, pick someone you think would do better in office than who is in there and send that recommendation to all your friends. Then keep talking about it until you come to a reasonably few people to put on the ballot.
Again with Utah, this time in response to a post about which East Coast state will go legal first, and how the South might never get on board...do you actually know where Utah actually is? It's a Western state. And legalization is sweeping through the West like a fashion statement.

It is my understanding that the response by the "congress critters" is they are threatening to imprison the Mayor for misusing funds according to the recently passed Appropriations bill. They are demanding the names and hours of anyone who worked to implement the legalization effort, as well as any other resources used. I'll be interested to see the civil response if they imprison the Mayor for enacting the will of her constituents. I think she's got like 30 or 60 days to respond, something like that. I'm not sure.

As for weed, I have argued it till I'm blue in the face. I believe that the Federal government needs to step back and deschedule it and let the states decide, according to the will of their voters. Some states may never legalize and that is fine. But it should be up to the people to decide this one, as well as how their state will tax and regulate it. I don't use the stuff, but to me it just isn't a big deal. I'm here in Colorado and even though my husband has begun using it to medicate some of his chronic pain from injuries suffered in Iraq some years ago, honestly legalization just has not had a big impact on my life. The sky is not falling. I don't have any more fear of impaired drivers or neighbors who are under the influence, than before. If a person doesn't use it, there just is not any reason at all to fight it...it really, really does not matter. Don't want your kids using it? Teach them not to. Keep 'em busy and stay involved. Really so many things can be more simple than we make them.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:42 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
The 14th amendment says 'No state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.'

It's not the fault of the 14th amendment that society failed to extend those equal rights protection to women.
The wording of the 14th covers all groups (including women) not just freed slaves, and makes the 19th amendment rather redundant.
and the 15th amendment?

which was put into place by basicly the same congress that passed the 14th showing that you don't understand the 14th amendment

Old 03-02-2015, 03:44 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,383,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
What?? Do you mean Colorado? I don't think I've heard of Utah being the test case for legalization.

Again with Utah, this time in response to a post about which East Coast state will go legal first, and how the South might never get on board...do you actually know where Utah actually is? It's a Western state. And legalization is sweeping through the West like a fashion statement.

It is my understanding that the response by the "congress critters" is they are threatening to imprison the Mayor for misusing funds according to the recently passed Appropriations bill. They are demanding the names and hours of anyone who worked to implement the legalization effort, as well as any other resources used. I'll be interested to see the civil response if they imprison the Mayor for enacting the will of her constituents. I think she's got like 30 or 60 days to respond, something like that. I'm not sure.

As for weed, I have argued it till I'm blue in the face. I believe that the Federal government needs to step back and deschedule it and let the states decide, according to the will of their voters. Some states may never legalize and that is fine. But it should be up to the people to decide this one, as well as how their state will tax and regulate it. I don't use the stuff, but to me it just isn't a big deal. I'm here in Colorado and even though my husband has begun using it to medicate some of his chronic pain from injuries suffered in Iraq some years ago, honestly legalization just has not had a big impact on my life. The sky is not falling. I don't have any more fear of impaired drivers or neighbors who are under the influence, than before. If a person doesn't use it, there just is not any reason at all to fight it...it really, really does not matter. Don't want your kids using it? Teach them not to. Keep 'em busy and stay involved. Really so many things can be more simple than we make them.
And what state is one of the leaders in that fight from? Utah.

Utah is about as conservative as it gets.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:07 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress
We really need more elected officials like her. It will be very interesting to see what congress does next.
Probably get together with BIG PHARMA and find a way to extract MORE $$$$$$!!

Old 03-02-2015, 04:13 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
and the 15th amendment?
What about the 15th amendment?
Do you have something to say about it or do you expect me to read your mind?

Let's try to keep it relevant to the thread. The voting rights of former slaves is getting way off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies