U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 08:57 AM

9,982 posts, read 7,256,032 times

Advertisements

Bibi Wants War. by Justin Raimondo.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 AM

19,728 posts, read 13,306,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
stop with the drama.....tell me anything in his speech that was shameful and disrespectful?......did you read the speech or just drinking the kool aid from the Obama bandwagon and MSNBC?

When the President of Mexico came to disrespect our laws and the democrats applauded him, did you find that shameful and disrespectful?

what a joke democrats are.
No drama here, I call it as I see it. And I'm not a Democrat. I think both parties are a waste of time. How would Bibi like it if Obama bypassed him and spoke to the Israeli Parliament? It was improper. And Congress inviting him was disrespectful.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-05-2015 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-04-2015, 09:11 AM

30,416 posts, read 17,860,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Say what you will, BiBi is a P-O-L-I-T-I-C-I-A-N and believing an Israeli politician is somehow automatically more trustworthy than one of any other nationality is just silly.
Is that why you think I trust him and support him? Really?

Well then, you are clueless about the glaring differences between these two men. Netanyahu is a real leader. Obama is not. Netanyahu is not afraid to speak the truth. Obama runs from the truth, and will not even say "Islamic terrorism."

Those are just two reasons.

Obama is a complete and utter failure, an idiot, and his lack of a foreign policy in the Middle East is the main reason why it is the mess it is today.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:11 AM

12,657 posts, read 9,093,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Specifically? Or are you just confused, equating disagreement with Israel's actions with saying it has no right to exist?
I have seen plenty of comments on this board saying Israel has no right to exist, is it the extreme end of the ideology? Perhaps, but I haven't seen any evidence that there is a disagreement with this position in the Israel criticism camp.

Quote:
Or maybe you just have a vivid imagination attributing thoughts not in evidence to people.
It isn't an attribution to anyone's thoughts, it is the most likely outcome to the eradication of Israel, which I believe that we have an interest in preventing.

Quote:
I've read any number of people in these forums alleging Iran has vowed to destroy Israel yet every time they're asked specifically WHERE/WHEN they have no answer. I've heard them say they'll live to see the end of Israel but not vow to actively cause that end.

Whatta ya got?
Iran leader's call to 'annihilate' Israel sparks fury as nuclear deadline looms - CNN.com

Quote:
And even IF they have, are mere words cause to go to war? After all, Khrushchev vowed to bury us yet here we are, still above ground, no war needed.

Nor is it the fault of America or America's responsibility to resolve.
Israel has the power to destroy Iran, they have not done so, apparently they agree with you that no war is needed.

Israel doesn't want Iran to become nuclear capable and given the rhetoric coming out of Iran, I don't blame them.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:22 AM

10,411 posts, read 18,446,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
The word is "drivel," and opposing Israel does not make someone anti-semitic. I'm really tired of people who hide behind that claim. It's no different from the people who say you're a racist for opposing Obama.
I only asked the question, I did not accuse anyone. I also gave my rationale for the question which you blatantly deleted from my quote.

Any since you're so defensive of this thread, why don't YOU explain the purpose of it?

Old 03-04-2015, 10:34 AM

19,728 posts, read 13,306,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
by the way, nobody knows the details of Obama's plan. So why are the democrats so defensive. Obama can go in front of congress and the American people and tell his plan in details.

If its a good plan then the American people will support Obama regardless of what Bibi says.....again, democrats are acting silly and childish.
Iran calls Obama's 10-year nuclear demand 'unacceptable' | Reuters

Old 03-04-2015, 10:45 AM

18,786 posts, read 15,208,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Besides, such a statement is out of character for Bibi Netanyahu.

Obviously the OP didn't listen to his historic speech yesterday, a speech which Mark Levin called "Magnificent." It showed how naïve Obama is on Iran, and made a compelling case for not making this "deal" which Obama (stupidly) is trying to make.
Not surprising that when some lefties set out to fabricate a quote, they can't even come up with something that is remotely believable.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:51 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,287,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Do you have any links for your claim that he's been crying wolf for 20 years?
Imminent Iran nuclear threat? A timeline of warnings since 1979.

Scott Peterson did an excellent job @ Christian Science Monitor putting this timeline together.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:57 AM

12,035 posts, read 11,280,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I have seen plenty of comments on this board saying Israel has no right to exist, is it the extreme end of the ideology? Perhaps, but I haven't seen any evidence that there is a disagreement with this position in the Israel criticism camp.

It isn't an attribution to anyone's thoughts, it is the most likely outcome to the eradication of Israel, which I believe that we have an interest in preventing.

Iran leader's call to 'annihilate' Israel sparks fury as nuclear deadline looms - CNN.com

Israel has the power to destroy Iran, they have not done so, apparently they agree with you that no war is needed.

Israel doesn't want Iran to become nuclear capable and given the rhetoric coming out of Iran, I don't blame them.

You show us where we are doing this?

Old 03-04-2015, 11:47 AM

61,568 posts, read 44,469,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Is that why you think I trust him and support him? Really?

Well then, you are clueless about the glaring differences between these two men. Netanyahu is a real leader. Obama is not. Netanyahu is not afraid to speak the truth. Obama runs from the truth, and will not even say "Islamic terrorism."

Those are just two reasons.

Obama is a complete and utter failure, an idiot, and his lack of a foreign policy in the Middle East is the main reason why it is the mess it is today.
Your O-P-I-I-N-O-N-S are duly noted as is the lack of facts.

IF you think Bibi should be leading foreign policy decisions perhaps you'd be happier living in Israel, you could then buy all the fear mongering over Iran he's been doing for over 20 years that you want.

My hope is we let NO foreign politician lead us into another wasteful, ill-conceived, unnecessary war of choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or