U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:01 PM

61,396 posts, read 44,422,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I have seen plenty of comments on this board saying Israel has no right to exist, is it the extreme end of the ideology? Perhaps, but I haven't seen any evidence that there is a disagreement with this position in the Israel criticism camp.
I'll note you mention no specifics.

Quote:
It isn't an attribution to anyone's thoughts, it is the most likely outcome to the eradication of Israel, which I believe that we have an interest in preventing.
At what cost? Or do you believe that should be limitless?

Iran leader's call to 'annihilate' Israel sparks fury as nuclear deadline looms - CNN.com

What I read here is: "It says the "proper way of eliminating Israel" is for "all the original people of Palestine including Muslims, Christians and Jews wherever they are, whether inside Palestine, in refugee camps in other countries or just anywhere else, take part in a public and organized referendum."

That hardly sounds like the government of a nation vowing to actively destroy Israel. And even if it was, talk is cheap and hardly reason by itself to commit to war.

Quote:
Israel has the power to destroy Iran, they have not done so, apparently they agree with you that no war is needed.
The why should the US even be involved? This crap could go on for the next millennium if the people in that region can't learn to live together, I have little belief our young little country is going to solve their centuries old issues.

Quote:
Israel doesn't want Iran to become nuclear capable and given the rhetoric coming out of Iran, I don't blame them.
There's lots of rhetoric that comes from N Korea too, I no more expect that little lunatic to follow through on his rhetoric than I do the Persians, they all know doing so would mean their own elimination.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-04-2015, 01:37 PM

16,546 posts, read 12,093,464 times
Let's list all the anti-American quotes from Obama during the past decade.
Rate this post positively
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or