Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 07:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Of course this has nothing to do with Islam.
Why were you in favor of liberating an Islamic country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 07:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
Marie Harf was so right

‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi - The Washington Post

But his real name, according to friends and others familiar with his case, is Mohammed Emwazi, a Briton from a well-to-do family who grew up in West London and graduated from college with a degree in computer programming.

I wonder how many muslim students and graduates of American colleges are sleeper jihadists.
You wonder, do you? Let us know when you actually know something, okay?

BTW, 'well-to-do people' in the UK do not live in council housing.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:10 PM

57,279 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So Obama's jobs program would not dissuade this man from joining ISIL?

Quick, someone tell Jen Psaki and Marie Harf.
This person is far from the norm, I would not put the Jihadists in the Mensa category. How many of those 30,000 volunteers do you think were college graduates with a good job. Typical to take one person and make it the standard. There are many poor and uneducated heading for Iraq, Harf was correct

Old 02-26-2015, 08:18 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Marie Harf was so right

‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi - The Washington Post

But his real name, according to friends and others familiar with his case, is Mohammed Emwazi, a Briton from a well-to-do family who grew up in West London and graduated from college with a degree in computer programming.

I wonder how many muslim students and graduates of American colleges are sleeper jihadists.

I bet it's far fewer than the graduates of Western European colleges and universities.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Of course this has nothing to do with Islam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICITIESTITAN View Post
These guys are typically well to do and well educated. Mohammed Atta, the 9/11 guy, was fairly well educated as well I think.
I read about that. Many of the Islamist pig kind in 2015 ain't the "poor camel riders" when most of us think of Muslims, those terrorists DO have the rep of coming from "good" families.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:34 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This person is far from the norm, I would not put the Jihadists in the Mensa category. How many of those 30,000 volunteers do you think were college graduates with a good job. Typical to take one person and make it the standard. There are many poor and uneducated heading for Iraq, Harf was correct
No, she wasn't. And it's an embarrassment.
Too many of the jihadists going to join with ISIS are from western countries... and middle class families, or better.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Marie Harf was so right

Well, for one thing.... he doesn't have a Texan accent.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:46 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Let's prevent future Jihadi John's in America by putting all at-risk fundamentalists on food stamps, give them free college tuition and housing, and let them live in luxury section 8 apartments.

Maybe if they behave we'll let them pray in LA Fitness locker rooms.
Didn't we do that with the Boston Bombers

Old 02-26-2015, 09:52 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A lot of them are College drop outs, who become disillusioned when they can't make it in the west. When I was in college, Mechanical Engineering, most of the Middle Eastern students would sit in the back row and copy off each other during test.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:52 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
there are anti people murderers all over the world- as a segment I heard tonight, isis been around for years! The media has given them notoriety - now it's a show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies