Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 06:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's not affordable because he's broke and unemployed.

He quit his job. Maybe he should've thought about that before he quit. I wouldn't quit my job and lose my insurance.

He thought he'd be a congressman...He struck out. That's just too damn bad.
Seriously? Do you know this man's life circumstances enough to judge him for quitting the job? I doubt it. Nice way to show how judgemental you choose to be without the facts. Rock on with your humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 06:49 PM

191 posts, read 172,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Seriously? Do you know this man's life circumstances enough to judge him for quitting the job? I doubt it. Nice way to show how judgemental you choose to be without the facts. Rock on with your humanity.
Fortunately we have Medicaid and Obamacare for people like Sheriff Mack and his wife to pick up the pieces so they aren't left destitute.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:50 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
I don't agree that it is begging. I don't see a call for humanity in a dire situation as begging. Maybe that's just me or maybe you have no compassion.
Compassion? This guy is now begging for it. But didn't understand the meaning of it previously.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseca View Post
Fortunately we have Medicaid and Obamacare for people like Sheriff Mack and his wife to pick up the pieces so they aren't left destitute.
Not necessarily. If Sherriff Mack owns a home he will not be eligible for Medicaid. If he has not secured another job, he cannot the premium for an Obamacare plan.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. If Sherriff Mack owns a home he will not be eligible for Medicaid. If he has not secured another job, he cannot the premium for an Obamacare plan.
Your wrong on both counts. A homeowner can be on Medicaid. Millions have and million more will be. You can also get on Obummercare by reporting your income as above $16,000. The government doesn't know what you made you just report that figure. The Republican states left that gap forcing people to report a higher income than they actually have so they wouldn't be eligible for Medicaid. Sheriff Mack is on Medicaid or Obummercare....you can bet your bottom dollar. And as a life long taxpayer doesn't he deserve to be on the dole? Wouldn't you agree?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Can he even sign up for it now? Has to wait until next open enrollment doesn't he? Or did he do it before the deadline (that does vary in some states I think)?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
And as a life long taxpayer doesn't he deserve to be on the dole? Wouldn't you agree?
Doesn't that imply that everyone should be eligible for the dole should they run into hard times? Without all the sneering and finger pointing that seems to go on?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
He quit his job WITH health insurance in order to run for congress. That's a gamble at any age, but a huge gamble in your 60's.

He's a big government guy that rails against government....Now he needs government.

If he hadn't been on that anti Obamacare spiel, I might have some sympathy. But I don't.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Can he even sign up for it now? Has to wait until next open enrollment doesn't he? Or did he do it before the deadline (that does vary in some states I think)?
He was in the hospital in January and his wife had health problems before then. They are both either on Medicaid or Obamacare now . The bills are the ones that stacked up before the open enrollment or before Mack could get signed up. Mack is probably as good as an example as there is for why the ACA premiums are high. He probably had a triple-bypass which is conservatively between $40,000- and $80,000. He never paid in but thanks to an open enrollment period he signs up and gets the surgery done and everyone else pays for it. This will be hard for some people to get their heads around.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Shouldn't he as a lifelong taxpayer be able to sign up for Obummercare during the open enrollment period or Medicaid seeing that he has no income? There is no reason liberals should be the only ones to have access to healthcare. Obummercare and Medicaid is compassion for people who need help.
Sorry, that's not how it works. If he owns things of value, he does not qualify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies