Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 11:12 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
I think it's a double standard because people feel a young girl cannot physically remove themselves from the situation and so believe they are a true victim. We don't consciously feel like boys (especially adolescent) could ever be held against their will, even if that's inaccurate. Sure they can be adversely affected but not to the same degree in our minds.
How could the boy in this case be held against his will if he didn't live in the house? The article said the activity took place over months. Why did he keep going back? Nobody was forcing him to do that.

KPLR reports that the forced vaginal sex and oral sex took place repeatedly over the course of nine months, from April of last year until Christmas Eve, according to court documents.

"Forced" and "over the course of nine months" are an oxymoron.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:26 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
Wanna save "traditional marriage"? Outlaw divorce.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:43 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,482,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Wanna save "traditional marriage"? Outlaw divorce.
You know, I was just chuckling at all this. BTW, I have no real opinion about gays or gay marriage.

But I find it funny that gays want to marry, while straights would rather just live together. Gays sue to have wedding cakes made for them, while straights can't afford a wedding cake. Gays want to adopt kids, while straights are on birth control. Gays act as if there will never be a divorce for them, while 50% of straights get divorced, while seemingly most of the rest just live in misery.

Now what is wrong here? Is traditional straight marriage really falling apart, or have gays come along and decided to show the rest of us how it's done?

Old 03-04-2015, 12:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams12 View Post
The Alabama Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered probate judges in the state to stop issuing same-sex marriage licenses.

Alabama Supreme Court Blocks Same-Sex Marriage

Right decision. Finally! My stance is that same sex marriage is morally wrong and should be illegal. Granting same-sex couples a license to marry will not create true marriage. Neither two men nor two women can become one flesh.
Does gay marriage shatter your life?

Just so mean spirited. Straight up just mean.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:17 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times
I feel sorry for HER son. Just imagine what his 12 y.o. schoolmates were saying when this came out.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:18 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This is a lot simpler if you realize the marriage is a legal agreement about money and inheritance where sex is mostly irrelevant. It is really a contract between the families of the couple.

I see the religious opposition to gay marriage as opposition to unacceptable sex that will deny the practioners entry to religious heaven. The religious types just want to keep gays from going to hell. This is only relevant to the believers in any particular religion and should not be part of secular law.

As marriage is a secular contract the religious restrictions are irrelevant and gay marriage should be just a legally binding as any other contract.
I'm glad Oklahoma, despite some outrage and grumbling, decided to cave and the next day after the ruling was issuing liscences. One guy has suggested getting the state entirely out of the marriage business and leaving it up to churches, but then what if your not christan and there are no non christan groups around, or your not religious. It wouldn't fly either.

And marriage IS a legality which does matter. It's about all those legal things which matter. If you are very ill, who gets to make decisions? If you have children, who has priority? And so on. I'm of the belief that marriage for 'moral' reasons is not required, and you can love as well and have a long relationship without it, but if you do at the end if your not married the survivor is denied a lot of the rights and decisions they should have a right to.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:20 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
You're apparently as clueless as the Alabama Supreme Court - state courts cannot overrule federal courts.

And what you think is morally wrong and what you think should be illegal is immaterial as to the constitutionally of laws in that regard, as any non-narcissist can see.

Beside all that, you seem unaware that the Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments next month on this issue, with a decision due before their annual July 4 deadline. Guess how the majority (the four liberal Justices plus Anthony Kennedy, the author of the three seminal gay rights cases in Supreme Court history) is going to rule?

Come July, it's all over for your hateful ilk - not just in Alabama but in every state. Game, set, match. The fact that you're oblivious to this only makes the thought of how this will blindside you all the sweeter.
Love this comment!!!! Game, set, smack down!

Old 03-04-2015, 01:24 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Why should I give a crap about your morality? If you don't want to marry someone of the same gender then don't. I'm sick of holier-than-thou fascists who do nothing but restrict freedom rather than opening the doors. You have the right to feel however you wish about gay marriage but I'm fed up with people like you thinking that your opinions should become law - that your choice must be everyone else's choice, too.

Alabama is a cesspool of racism, bigotry, and intolerance. Hell, just last year, an Alabama Supreme Court judge went on record as saying atheists don't have any Constitutional rights.

The politicians there still think it's 1855. I bet if any of them looked out the window, they'd be shocked to see cars, cell phones, and electric lights. Dammit, man! Where'd all the horses go?!
And, they would be even more shocked to see black people not in chains.....

Old 03-04-2015, 01:26 PM

115 posts, read 261,554 times
I wish my friends had moms like that when I was 12.

Watch, when she gets out of jail he'll be going back and banging her again.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:34 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
I still can't get past the allegation of "forced vaginal sex". How does one force a man/boy to insert?

And it went on for 9 months? If there had been any "forcing", would it really have gone on for 9 months? If I was a 6th/7th grader and someone had done something to me that I didn't like it would never have happened again and we wouldn't have been trading sexts either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies