Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 02:28 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
DHS is only a part of the federal government.

And a mostly useless part -- what with TSA workers patting down little old ladies and infants while refusing to profile, a border patrol that is not allowed to enforce the law in the interior of this country and has to release OTMs (other than Mexicans), and an NSA that spies on all of us but can't even respond appropriately when Russia warns us about the Tsarnaev brothers (Boston bombers.)

I thought you libs didn't like the Patriot Act.

Hmmm.

The same could be said of you liberals and left-wingers.Not funding DHS is not an "insurrection."

It would have been perfectly legal.

Congress has the power of the purse.

That's in the Constitution.

Sorry off topic but I totally forget that Russia had warned us about that worthless family. Is there family still on welfare here? Have they been deported? Or has Obama made them special guests to the white house? What ever happened to those damn kids who helped the Tsaraev boys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 08:37 AM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
How ironic that you say we are a ccountry of laws but appear to support Obama's executive order -- an order that Obama himself (a supposed constitutional law expert) said would be illegal and unconstitutional, and that a Federal District Court judge has stopped for the time being.

It's also ironic that you appear to support illegal immigration, which is against the law.
Yeah, quite the hypocrite, isn't he?

Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,932,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What immigration bill? Do you think the GOP is going to actually write one? They lack the courage to put to paper exactly what their "plan" is because they know it would result in the death of their party within a few election cycles. That's why they tried the weaselly way of tacking a rider onto a funding bill.

They will write no immigration bill. They'll just continue to lob firebombs and attach riders to totally unrelated bills. It's what they call governing.
I agree, forgot for a bit that little problem about the GOP, famous for bitching , very lacking any positives like honest alternatives . They are Weasels for sure, ( sorry to all those who are friends of that furry creature, and that they have now been associated with Republicans )

Old 03-10-2015, 07:12 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Oh, bad news. Obama is being called into the principals office, yet again. It appears that he and his crew have been busy with more illegal and underhanded maneuvers, and the judge who stayed this behavior this behavior with regards to his unilateral amnesty executive order has found out and is not amused.

Quote:
Judge asks Obama administration to explain immigration protections

A Federal judge in Texas wants the Obama administration to explain why 100,000 young people have been granted temporary relief from deportation, even though the government said it wasn’t taking applications for such protections.

U.S. District Judge Andrew S. Hanen, who has frozen President Obama’s immigration program while a lawsuit over it proceeds, said in a ruling late Monday that he wouldn’t address the government’s attempts to restart the program until Justice Department lawyers explained the move.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:45 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Obama also needs to explain to the judge why he gave a stay of deportation to 5 million illegal aliens with work permits just recently. Does he really have the authority to do this on such a large scale by EO?

Old 03-10-2015, 09:35 PM

The immigration issues have been going on and getting no where for a long time now. There actually was some progress bipartisan in nature couple years back. Within the legal arena it IS the President's job to lead on this problem that must be addressed. He would not be doing his job if He ignored it considering something needs to be done. I don't know of any other way to get these Republicans talking than to force some action. That's His Job !

I see part of this everyday here in NM and AZ . The lines are long 100 miles from the border on the interstate. The Border Patrol is profilling every car as we drive past the inspection post. Yesterday, the car ahead of me was local, the driver was ready with his ID, then waved him on, I pulled up they did not do anything but waving me on.......if this is not profiling I do not know what is !

Old 03-10-2015, 11:27 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
....Within the legal arena it IS the President's job to lead on this problem that must be addressed. He would not be doing his job if He ignored it considering something needs to be done. I don't know of any other way to get these Republicans talking than to force some action. That's His Job !'
His job is to break the law and violate the Constitution just because Republicans won't turn into Democrats?

Did you ever take a course in U.S. history and government?

Quote:
I see part of this everyday here in NM and AZ . The lines are long 100 miles from the border on the interstate. The Border Patrol is profilling every car as we drive past the inspection post. Yesterday, the car ahead of me was local, the driver was ready with his ID, then waved him on, I pulled up they did not do anything but waving me on.......if this is not profiling I do not know what is !
So what if they're profiling?

And it appears they are not if they are looking at everybody.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:47 PM

30,611 posts, read 18,187,363 times
First I'd hold a vote to repeal the amnesty. Even though the president would veto the bill if it passed both houses of Congress, the point would be to get every member on record as being in support or opposition to the amnesty. I could try to tie halting the amnesty to certain funding priorities, but at the end of the day, I'd understand that this isn't necessarily the best way to go about things as I don't have full control of government (I'd be overplaying my hand there).

Second, I'd file suit against the executive branch in court to seek to invalidate the amnesty.

Outside of that, there's not a whole lot that I could do.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
His job is to break the law and violate the Constitution just because Republicans won't turn into Democrats?

Did you ever take a course in U.S. history and government?

So what if they're profiling?

And it appears they are not if they are looking at everybody.
You are predictable , you are a Righty, I am a Liberal, and proud of it. The Pres. Is not breaking the law, and as far as the Constitution , there are a lot of ways to read into what you want . You know that , . we all know how the far right interprets , but , they are just wrong. You are one of them, right ? It's just like religion , every bible nut has his own way, and, of coarse it's always the right way. I know my history and Gov. Better than you think, you have no idea what you are buying into, someday you will learn , then , maybe never !

Old 03-10-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
First I'd hold a vote to repeal the amnesty. Even though the president would veto the bill if it passed both houses of Congress, the point would be to get every member on record as being in support or opposition to the amnesty. I could try to tie halting the amnesty to certain funding priorities, but at the end of the day, I'd understand that this isn't necessarily the best way to go about things as I don't have full control of government (I'd be overplaying my hand there).

Second, I'd file suit against the executive branch in court to seek to invalidate the amnesty.

Outside of that, there's not a whole lot that I could do.
There is nothing to repeal , you are way off track do some more reading........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies