Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:35 AM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Insults? I thought my post was an insightful description of the teahadist strategy.
NO, it wasn't!! The Teaparty are not Jihadists and you know it! Not even close! I am sick of your childish insults in here. I suggest you grow up and stop lying about and stop smearing those you don't agree with. Welcome to my ignore list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 08:38 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
NO, it wasn't!! The Teaparty are not Jihadists and you know it! Not even close! I am sick of your childish insults in here. I suggest you grow up and stop lying about and stop smearing those you don't agree with. Welcome to my ignore list.
I call the Tea Party teahadists because they are waging an ideological war against all of those they disagree with. You choose to ignore me? Doesn't surprise me and most of all, doesn't disappoint me one bit. I'd rather not engage with someone who becomes so incensed at listening to an opposing viewpoint they fly into a rage. The teahadists are extremists who demand everyone bows to their will. Well, we won't.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:52 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm a liberal, but I feel badly for what's happening to the Republicans. The Teajahdists are a menace to our government and our way of life. I wish mainstream Republicans didn't have to deal with this menace.
I don't feel bad for the GOP because they blatantly encouraged the Tea Party when it was to their advantage, and did nothing to even attempt to reign in their destructive tendencies. Republicans are the turtle in the parable of the turtle and the scorpion. They took this rabid faction on knowing their true nature, and now, to no one's surprise, they have been stung.

And even still, Boehner balks at trying to actually lead this rabble. He inserted the language into a vital funding bill knowing it would never pass the Senate because he lacks the courage to stand up to the TP. Until/unless he does, this circus is going to be repeated again and again.

The way I see it, Boehner has two choices--either continue to cave to the TP, in which case nothing gets done for two years, or work with the Democrats, in which case they may succeed in getting a few things they want. Either way, the party will ultimately have to deal with the monster they created.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Let the courts handle it.

They will likely rule Obama overstepped and the Obama Admin. knows this.

There is precedent for the courts overturning presidential orders.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:34 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
I'd pass a simple one-page bill that mandates E-verify for all employers. Make Obama veto it.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:34 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
I wouldn't have to deal with it. As a speaker I would already understand how to pass legislation and would have long ago pass it to modernize entrance requirements and have some sort of path to citizenship available.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:35 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I'd pass a simple one-page bill that mandates E-verify for all employers. Make Obama veto it.
He would, and likely even Republicans wouldn't support it. It would place a lot of responsibility and costs on a business.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:38 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
He would, and likely even Republicans wouldn't support it. It would place a lot of responsibility and costs on a business.

It costs nothing. It's a webpage. Even the smallest business could handle it.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:38 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Remember, the impact of the EO right now is unknown. Those who wish to take advantage presumably must fill out paperwork, coming out of the 'shadows' and into a gov't computer, in exchange for an 'amnesty' that could easily disappear on Jan 20, 2017, just about 22 months from now. How many people are going to take that gamble when presumably they have been getting along thus far without the 'amnesty?'
The Press often gets this wrong also .... Pay attention here.

There is NO Executive Order ...... there was a big speech and a "memo", also called Executive Action. There is nothing "legal" about an Executive Action. This is part of the reason that a Federal Court has said Team Obama can't go forward with his Executive Action.

Obama Goes It Alone, Shielding Up To 5 Million Immigrants From Deportation |NPR November 20, 2014

— It's important to note this is an executive action not an executive order, which is legally binding.

I would like to see the Press, the Democrats, the Leftists, the Administration or anyone on City Data explain why Congress should FUND what a Federal Court has said is illegal.

Add to that - Obama said at a Town Hall on February 25 that there would be "consequences" to any ICE or other officials who did not follow HIS orders & Policy, and ignore the Federal Court order and Rule of Law.

President Obama warned workers at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement: implement executive amnesty, or else. He made the comments in a town hall event on immigration on MSNBC.

MR. DIAZ-BALART: But what are the consequences? Because how do you ensure that ICE agents or Border Patrol won’t be deporting people like this? I mean, what are the consequences

THE PRESIDENT: José, look, the bottom line is, is that if somebody is working for ICE and there is a policy and they don’t follow the policy, there are going to be consequences to it. So I can’t speak to a specific problem. What I can talk about is what’s true in the government, generally.

What should John Boehner do? The Congress is obligated to FUND what they have passed LAW to fund. I think it's not right or legal to FUND what a Federal Court has ruled is ILLEGAL. Boehner should also make it clear that ANY Federal Employee that gets "the Obama Consequences" for not follow Federal Law should immediately contact the US Congress.

The US Congress does NOT fund Executive Policy that is not Federal Law and that is under Federal Court order as Illegal - furthermore, the US Congress WILL protect any Federal employee that has been punished by the Administration for follow their Oath and Federal Law.

Pound that statement over-and over-and over ...... and make sure that every single GOP CongressCritter does exactly the same thing. Let the Democrats, the Media and President Stompy Foot explain why Congress should FUND a Policy Action that a Federal Court has ruled is ILLEGAL.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:42 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Good Point.

What should John Boehner do? The Congress is obligated to FUND what they have passed LAW to fund. I think it's not right or legal to FUND what a Federal Court has ruled is ILLEGAL. Boehner should also make it clear that ANY Federal Employee that gets "the Obama Consequences" for not follow Federal Law should immediately contact the US Congress.

The US Congress does NOT fund Executive Policy that is not Federal Law and that is under Federal Court order as Illegal - furthermore, the US Congress WILL protect any Federal employee that has been punished by the Administration for follow their Oath and Federal Law.

Pound that statement over-and over-and over ...... and make sure that every single GOP CongressCritter does exactly the same thing. Let the Democrats, the Media and President Stompy Foot explain why Congress should FUND a Policy Action that a Federal Court has ruled is ILLEGAL.
/////
The Congress is obligated to follow the Constitution and enforce laws. I doubt Obama and the surviving Dem;s would really want this to happen. That if we are speaking toward he rule of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies