Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:52 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Compare the Fox numbers with CNN and MSNBC and get back to me.
In my mind, comparing the irrelevant with the irrelevant is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 08:18 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
In my mind, comparing the irrelevant with the irrelevant is irrelevant.
Some years back, about 5-6 years, Fox News was #6 in the ratings. CNN was at #22 and MSNBC was at #30. Looks like Fox News is very relevant and CNN & MSNBC are not!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Some years back, about 5-6 years, Fox News was #6 in the ratings. CNN was at #22 and MSNBC was at #30. Looks like Fox News is very relevant and CNN & MSNBC are not!
In your mind, that makes them relevant, not others.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
In your mind, that makes them relevant, not others.
I don't know how your mind thinks, but I would say being in the top 10 is very relevant!

Old 03-02-2015, 09:42 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,608,338 times
Being in the top 10 means giving the kind of people who get their information from tv what they want to hear. It's as "relevant" as The Biggest Loser or Zoo Parade.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
What amazes me is people watch the Jon Stewart entertainment show and think they are informed on the issues because they misconstrue this crappy little show as news.
Really? You must be misinformed about that because you listen to Fox News.

FYI:

Quote:
A new study by the Pew Research Study shows that viewers of the Daily Show and the Colbert Report have the highest knowledge of national and international affairs, while Fox News viewers rank nearly dead last:
SURVEY: Daily Show/Colbert Viewers Most Knowledgable, Fox News Viewers Rank Lowest

Old 03-02-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Being in the top 10 means giving the kind of people who get their information from tv what they want to hear. It's as "relevant" as The Biggest Loser or Zoo Parade.
I have a feeling the liberals would not be saying that if it was CNN or MSNBC in the top 10!

Contrary to the silly myth, I don't always hear what I "want to" on Fox News. Especially when one of the frequent liberal guests are talking.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I wonder what is worse?
a right leaning news agency misrepresenting the truth
or a
left leaning news agency totally ignoring any bad press about the Obama regime?

At least with FOX we can talk about what they report and get to the bottom of it and then form an opinion but if the story never comes out it is almost like it never happened.

Some would say, "you are totally wrong!"

Some who are Fox News sources

Old 03-02-2015, 10:26 PM

501 posts, read 361,784 times
Pew Research already found that FOX, CNN and MSNBC are highly biased. MSNBC is the worst offender, followed by FOX then CNN
Coverage of the Candidates by Media Sector and Cable Outlet | Pew Research Center's Journalism Project

The network news (ABC, CBS, NBC) were much better than the cable news channels

Nowadays I just read Reuters.com..

Old 03-02-2015, 10:55 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The bold is like arguing that you arent a murder simply because someone else killed 3 more people than you did. That being said it isnt even true.

Fox News has a total of 2 Democrats as hosts, the same number as MSNBC has of Republicans. Both hire plenty of commentators to come on the air. There is no way you know how many commentators are on either channel because there is no way you can watch both for their entire 16 hours of live broadcasts.

Neither CBS or NBC( that is who edited the tape, not MSNBC) are liberal. Rather was following a story where multiple military personnel lied to him. He should have vetted his story but to argue the way you did is false. Same with NBC because their edit didnt change what Zimmerman said Martin looked to be up to no good.
Dream on. You're not even worth arguing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies