Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 09:31 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times

Advertisements

My neighbor had the "Coexist" sticker and the "Burn Bush at the Stake" sticker. Her new Infiniti is still clean. I hope it doesn't burn gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 09:39 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I saw a car with the bumpersticker -- Hands off my benefits -- keep the government out of Social Security. You can't make this stuff up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I saw a car with a bumper sticker that said "Everything you get from the government was taken from somebody else." And
"Keep your government hands off my Medicare!" You can't make this stuff up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
"CO2 is killing the planet" on a Prius. Driven by a human exhaling CO2.
I love how the first three posts immediately caused the OPs plan to backfire. We haven't heard from him since, so I think he was a little put off by the fact that, as it turns out, there is an abundance of stupid people across the political spectrum.

I live by a philosophy; people who broadcast their views on a bumpers sticker rarely have the slightest idea what they're talking about.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:43 AM

7,074 posts, read 8,933,696 times
I once saw a car with these three stickers:

AM 740 Sacred Heart Radio (ETWN)

Pray the rosary to end abortion

Obama - Biden 2008

You can't make this shyt up!

Old 03-01-2015, 09:44 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Medicare is an insurence program funded by a lifetime of premiums. Not exactly the same thing.
The amount you put in doesn't cover what you take out though. You could also argue that you are robbing doctors because they have to accept lower rates because that's all the government pays.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:44 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,816,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
people who broadcast their views on a bumpers sticker rarely have the slightest idea what they're talking about.
That would make a good bumper sticker.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:45 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post

Obama - Biden 2008

Sounds like the driver has multiple personality disorder. Imagine the heated arguments he has with himself.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:47 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post

Obama - Biden 2008

That's not much of a contradiction. He may support abortion, but he also supports other things. Perhaps that person supports those things. You can disagree with certain things and still support them overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
That would make a good bumper sticker.
I could make money on that; don't take this from me.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:49 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I saw a car with a bumper sticker that said "Everything you get from the government was taken from somebody else." And
"Keep your government hands off my Medicare!" You can't make this stuff up.

People pay their way into Social Security and Medicare with payroll taxes.

Since they are both subject to raids by the federal government, these would also be examples of things taken by government for the benefit of someone else.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:07 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,631,331 times
For some reason I thought this was amusing so I snapped a pic of it (recently while on a business trip)

The Christian symbol on a H3 Hummer truck. I couldn't help but to chuckle "WWJD", or "Jesus drove a Hummer".

Just kinda struck me funny at the moment.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:14 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,460,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That's not much of a contradiction. He may support abortion, but he also supports other things. Perhaps that person supports those things. You can disagree with certain things and still support them overall.
It's a total contradiction. The car owner is obviously Catholic and opposes abortion yet is "campaigning" for two, pro-abortion" politicians. Joe Biden is the contradiction. He professes to be Catholic (was born and raised as one) yet supports abortion. That also makes him an opportunist and hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies