Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:40 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,068,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Actually, this is very appropriate for us to discuss in POLITICS and Other Controversies. The 4th in command violating federal email law is kind of a big deal.
Exactly. An email law. Personally, I'm not too put off by it. Tell her to stop and call it a day. This need not be a controversy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Assuming she used her personal email address for state business, you really don't see an issue potentially sending sensitive government documents through something like gmail?

Do you also keep a spare key to your house under the front door mat?
I don't see it as being overly scandalous. As I said, tell her to stop and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Have you ever even heard of the Freedom of Information Act?

FOIA.gov - Freedom of Information Act

You genuinely believe all government information is readily available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 01:40 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You should read the WaPo article too. It says things like this are exactly what might keep her from becoming President.
I hope you are right but the MSM will ignore anything to get their princess elected

Old 03-03-2015, 01:41 PM

12,998 posts, read 13,580,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You should read the WaPo article too. It says things like this are exactly what might keep her from becoming President.
Brent, come on now ... step outside of yourself for a minute and consider how this is really going to play to the mainstream that is going to decide this election. They're not going to give a rat's ass about this. One of the reasons why Hillary is such a formidable candidate is because there is absolutely nothing new that can be said about her. If this is what qualifies as "fresh dirt" .... come on ladies, what's next? A revelation that she only washes her underwear every other day?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I hope you are right but the MSM will ignore anything to get their princess elected
If the so-called MSM harped on this story for a month -- even gave it it's own theme music -- this would do LITTLE damage to Hillary's reputation. The lady used personal email... I care why???

Old 03-03-2015, 01:44 PM

58,463 posts, read 26,784,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because the only place those e-mails exist is in Hillary's archives? They don't exist anywhere else? The people in government who sent e-mails to Hillary from their government e-mail accounts were magically able to destroy all records of those e-mails?
If we DON'T know who Hillary sent or received e-mails from because we don't have them, how ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHO TO CONTACT?

The more you say the deeper hole you are digging yourself into.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:44 PM

8,073 posts, read 9,991,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Lib here. There's no excuse for this, and it shouldn't be swept under the rug. She/her people screwed up big time.
My money had her as easily the next president, hands down. Now I won't vote for her, and she will unlikely win the election if she somehow manages to be nominated. Real bad moral lapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This is fast becoming a nation that has no grasp of how important the rule of law is/was.
It is unconscionable that she ignored this very important legal requirement. I work in an industry where every single piece of correspondence/communication/email/tweet etc. is archived for ten years. It better be there when the authorities go looking, or you are toast.

And my industry is nothing compared to the State Department. Hillary should have known better, and if she didn't, she is too dumb to be President.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah we all know. Left wingers love them some law breaking Authoritarians.
This isn't about us left wingers. As you know, Hillary will have our vote if she's our nominee. This isn't about right wingers.. we all know, you're not going to vote for her regardless. This is about the moderates. Are they going to care about this? No, no Fred ... they're not. If this is all you've got, be afraid ... be very, very afraid.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If the so-called MSM harped on this story for a month -- even gave it it's own theme music -- this would do LITTLE damage to Hillary's reputation. The lady used personal email... I care why???
It was illegal if it was a republican you would care

Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
My money had her as easily the next president, hands down. Now I won't vote for her, and she will unlikely win the election if she somehow manages to be nominated. Real bad moral lapse.

It is unconscionable that she ignored this very important legal requirement. I work in an industry where every single piece of correspondence/communication/email/tweet etc. is archived for ten years. It better be there when the authorities go looking, or you are toast.

And my industry is nothing compared to the State Department. Hillary should have known better, and if she didn't, she is too dumb to be President.
Ted, let me be frank. I'm having a REALLY hard time believing you are sincere here. So you were going to vote for her until email-gate? Did you turn on Bill back in the 90s when he got that $100 haircut on the tarmac?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
It was illegal if it was a republican you would care
If I found out it was W, I might care .. I really wouldn't.. I'm actually not petty, but let's just say I would care. Flagrant arrogance and scoffing the law, I'd shout perhaps. The moderates wouldn't care. They just wouldn't. They're going to see this as an incredibly stupid thing to get bent out of shape about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies