Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Federal laws in regards to handling archiving of emails are the same, regardless of private email servers, or federal. We dont know if she complied with their backup standards or not.
I'm sure she followed the same rules Lois Lerner did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,160 posts, read 713,395 times
Quote:
Federal laws in regards to handling archiving of emails are the same, regardless of private email servers, or federal. We dont know if she complied with their backup standards or not.
She has not complied with those standards, she has concealed emails from NARA. You do not get that she does not get to decide which records gets put into record.

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"But she didnt conceal it. in fact she used it as the SOLE email service."

Now YOU are implicating the White House and Obama himself.

When hillary sent SENSITIVE and OFFICIAL emails to Obama, or anyone in the White house, NOBODY NOTICED IN 4 YEARS THAT NONE OF HER EMAILS WERE FROM .GOV.

The WH has admitted that Obama's POLICY was that ONLY official email be used for OFFICIAL business.

Do you think not ONE email was sent about Benghazi or any off the other hot spots in her 4 years?

So, HOW did she communicate with them?
of course I'm implying the White House and Obama knew. She has already stated she only had one email account and never setup a federal one. If she is to email Obama, and one would assume she has several times, Obama would have known she wasnt using a federal email account.

The issue for me isnt so much that she didnt use a government email account, it was that so many people clearly knew it, and no one cared.

if you establish a policy which says you must use a .gov account, and someone isnt, then clearly the "boss", must demand it take place.

The lack of enforcing policy, is far more of an issue than her running her own server.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
You have no idea if she did or not.
Maybe she considered her position at the State Dept an eternal "emergency situation"

Private email use for official work by Hillary Clinton may have flouted rules - Austin Globe
The National Archives and Records Administration stipulates that personal email can only be used in "emergency situations".

Old 03-05-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
You have no idea if she did or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARA
Since 2009, NARA's regulations have stated that "Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system."
I think its abundantly clear to most people who can read she did not persevere records in the State Department record keeping system, she kept them in her own record keeping system where she and apparently her staff is the sole discretionary authority. I can not possibly believe you think a personal email server is a "State Department record keeping system".

Old 03-05-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
She has not complied with those standards, she has concealed emails from NARA. You do not get that she does not get to decide which records gets put into record.
Federal records of emails arent required until the end of 2016

(I wonder if the date is "coincidential")

Old 03-05-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I think its abundantly clear to most people who can read she did not persevere records in the State Department record keeping system, she kept them in her own record keeping system.
yes, she kept them on her own email servers, but you have NO IDEA if she backed them up and complied with federal standards..

Old 03-05-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Federal records of emails arent required until the end of 2016

(I wonder if the date is "coincidential")
NARA contratdicts you:
Quote:
Since 2009, NARA's regulations have stated that "Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system."

Old 03-05-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
yes, she kept them on her own email servers, but you have NO IDEA if she backed them up and complied with federal standards..
Are you being serious right now are you just using this absurd logic to provoke reactions?

Old 03-05-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
NARA contratdicts you:
No they dont. Thats for backups, which again, she may or may not have performed. We dont know.

They arent forced to become archived in a federal records until December 31st, 2016

E-mail Management

With the issuance of the Managing Government Records Directive (M-12-18), Goal 1.2, agencies are required to manage both permanent and temporary email records in an accessible electronic format by December 31, 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies