Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 05:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, you will remain ignorant on basic economic theory and not understand why liberalized trade benefits us all.

It is often said that if you have 12 economists in a room they will give 12 different opinions on any issue. When it comes to liberalized trade there is widespread agreement it is a net positive.
Just because someone has the title economist attached to their name means little.
Go with the ones who told us the Great Depression, the dotcom bubble, and the housing bubble were coming.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:16 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,676 times
The highs end dramatically in the Fall during Rosh Hashanah
with either a global crash or American Stock Market. As always
a crash every Shemittah (7 years). By 2016 total collapse of the
American economy 26 trillion from reserve value then a negativevalue due to interest on debt ( partially compendated by revenues primarily from oil/ natural gas).

Old 03-09-2015, 12:07 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
HOW long have you been "expecting" that now?
What have stocks done in the meantime?
More than DOUBLED?
I think you don't have much of a track record regarding predicting much of anything.

And I'm sorry your wages aren't going up. Maybe you're just not any good at your job. If you ARE then your wages should begin rising soon. Wage growth has been dampened by the fact that - until recently - the UE was still rather elevated. I've been saying for well over a year now, that once the UE rate drops below 6% we should start seeing competition for labor (or at least the BEST workers) start to rise wages. and sure enough, last month saw the biggest average wage gain in 6 years.

Ken
I guess should just that strange weird guy who sees what the people who have the money say.
This is coming from the left and right

Warren Buffet
Warren Buffett Market Forecast 2015 Predicting Upcoming Stock Market Crash

Middle/Right

ECONOMIC COLLAPSE: Steve Forbes predicts a Stock Market Crash worse than 1930’s

Once the printing press ends and rates adjust I expect the correction.
In the end one will have to give.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:12 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
The printing press will never end, nor should it.

The Federal government issues currency ad hoc, by paying bills. It did it yesterday, it does it today, and it will do it tomorrow.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:16 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I guess should just that strange weird guy who sees what the people who have the money say.
This is coming from the left and right

Warren Buffet
Warren Buffett Market Forecast 2015 Predicting Upcoming Stock Market Crash

Middle/Right

ECONOMIC COLLAPSE: Steve Forbes predicts a Stock Market Crash worse than 1930’s

I am completely out of the market (with the exception of my retirement account- big deal) since DOW 10,500.

Why? I thought that the market was fairly valued at that time. What did I miss? 7,500 points of a rising market. I put the money to other uses, which have generated profits.

No man can predict the future. Does the market look high? Yes- despite that, it seems to keep going up. I really do not care one way or another and am pretty comfy with my economic situation.

I do respect the courage and confidence of those who have stayed with, and profited from, this market. Making money takes guts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies