Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:52 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Remember when all those ignorant wingnuts predicted the collapse of the U.S. stock market under Obama. Remember when they all predicted a collapse of the U.S. dollar.

Well, pretty obviously they were wrong on both counts (along with many, many other things). The U.S. stock market is riding high and the U.S. dollar is the strongest it's been in over a decade - with both the broad and the major index higher than at any time since around 2003/2004 or so - and the evidence seems to indicate it's probably going to go even higher.

So much for the silly theory that the U.S. dollar was going to collapse.

S&P, Dow post record closes, dollar hits 11-year high | Reuters

Ken

Old 03-03-2015, 06:10 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Remember when all those ignorant wingnuts predicted the collapse of the U.S. stock market under Obama. Remember when they all predicted a collapse of the U.S. dollar.

Well, pretty obviously they were wrong on both counts (along with many, many other things). The U.S. stock market is riding high and the U.S. dollar is the strongest it's been in over a decade - with both the broad and the major index higher than at any time since around 2003/2004 or so - and the evidence seems to indicate it's probably going to go even higher.

Ken
You have called it well so far, Ken. I sold out at DOW 10,500 and put that money into farmland.

The market seems to be defying Schiller; however with close to zero interest rates, it is difficult to determine when and to what extent the next crash.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:44 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Light bulbs burn the brightest, for a split second.......just before they burn out.

CN.......

Old 03-03-2015, 07:42 AM

638 posts, read 977,732 times
Hello, John. How are you doing today? You mailed in my company a post card a few week back, requesting information on penny stocks that had huge upside potential with very little down side risks. Does that ring a bell?

Okay, great. Well, the reason for the call today, John, is something just came across my desk, John. It is perhaps the best thing I've seen in the last six month. If you have sixty seconds I'd like to share the idea with you, you got a minute?

The name of the company, Aerotyne International, it is a cutting edge high tech firm out of the Midwest.

Awaiting imminent patent approval on the next generation of radar detectors that have both huge military and civilian applications.

Now, right now, John, the stock trades over the counter at ten cents a share. And by the way, John, our analyst indicate it could go a heck of a lot higher than that. Your profit, on a mere six thousand dollar investment would be upwards of sixty thousand dollars.

Exactly. You could pay off your mortgage.

John, one thing I can promise you, even in this market, is that I never ask my clients to judge me on my winners. I ask them to judge me on my losers, because I have so few. And in the case of Aerotyne, based on every technical factor out there, John, we are looking at a grand slam home run.

Four thousand? That'd be forty thousand shares, John. Let me lock in that trade right now and get back to you with my secretary with an exact confirmation. Sound good, John?

Great. Hey, John, thank you for your vote of confidence, and welcome to the Investor Center.

Bye-bye.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:57 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken
So it takes Democrats 6 years to turn an economy around and Republicans 3 (Reagan). Noted

Old 03-03-2015, 07:59 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Default Stock market at all-time high, U.S. Dollar at 11-year high

uh-oh...

Good news for America is bad news for the Obama haters.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:02 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You have called it well so far, Ken. I sold out at DOW 10,500 and put that money into farmland.

The market seems to be defying Schiller; however with close to zero interest rates, it is difficult to determine when and to what extent the next crash.
With interest rates so low, there's nowhere for investors to put their money other than the stock market. There is no reason it should be as high as it is right now; we're in a bubble fueled by low interest rates and easy access to capital.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:06 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
The rich getting richer and poor getting poorer would be unacceptable under a GOP president. But under The One, it's great and deserving of praise!

Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The rich getting richer and poor getting poorer would be unacceptable under a GOP president. But under The One, it's great and deserving of praise!
There´s no doubt about it, I've made out like a bandit during Obama's reign of super high deficits, now lowered under Republican control of the House & Senate, which is one reason why the dollar and stock market have expanded. If Obama is to take credit for the high dollar, he will have to claim he invented fracking like Gore claimed to have invented the internet. High US oil production through fracking created a surplus of oil, which lowered the price of oil causing the dollar to rise. Thanks Obama for creating fracking technology and for encouraging coal production to make the dollars I spend in Peru so valuable!!!

So does Obama get credit for the Republican House & Senate fixing things like Clinton did when Newt fixed the huge mess the Dems left? How many Obama koolaid drinkers we have here?

Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
I love how Republicans are already taking credit for the economy- when their obstructionist, do-nothing congress has only been in session for a few WEEKS.

Amazing how little it takes to turn an economy around. All you gotta do is show up with an R next to your name and accomplish nothing. Problem solved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies