Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 02:21 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,180,034 times

Advertisements

The reality is Obama's successor can unsigned the EO and remove the temp protections and order the deportations to commence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 02:23 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are against national security?
Unnecessary. Just more federal money down the drain. The government was capable of fulfilling those obligations prior to Bush. Bush created yet another massive bureaucracy of government to dupe the american sheeple into thinking that they were safer with the addition of another federal agency.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:24 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Congress sends Homeland bill to Obama without conditions

I guess that Pelosi wasn't really lying when she said that they would get what they wanted the following week. It's just a big charade. I'm not sure what good having the majority in both chambers is doing for the Repubs. They are letting the POTUS and the Dems walk all over them.
The veto pen looms large when you don't have veto proof majorities in Congress. Being in the majority can make you more vulnerable rather than giving you more power.

Republicans taking back the Senate without a veto proof majority strengthens Obama's hand. Harry Reid running the Senate weakened his hand.

Our systems is weird, but it works well if parties are willing to work together.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Cackle away. What was signed can be unsigned when the idiot leaves office.
Uh, this was not an EO

Old 03-03-2015, 02:26 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times
Quote:
The reality is Obama's successor can unsigned the EO and remove the temp protections and order the deportations to commence.
As much as I'd like that to happen, do you honestly think that a Repub can win the presidency? I don't. The Blue Wall is a FACT. The Dems start off with a 253 vote foundation and only have to get 17 more EV to get to 270 in a POTUS election.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:34 PM

39,023 posts, read 51,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
As much as I'd like that to happen, do you honestly think that a Repub can win the presidency? I don't. The Blue Wall is a FACT. The Dems start off with a 253 vote foundation and only have to get 17 more EV to get to 270 in a POTUS election.
I think they can. The Blue wall is more a Wall of Moderation. If the Republcans nominate the right person they can win. Of course, that person would probably be someone who would keep the EO largely intact and support comprehensive immigration reform that would offer a path to citizenship to all of the illegals - pretty much the same as a democrat on the issue, in other words.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:38 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,180,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think they can. The Blue wall is more a Wall of Moderation. If the Republcans nominate the right person they can win. Of course, that person would probably be someone who would keep the EO largely intact and support comprehensive immigration reform that would offer a path to citizenship to all of the illegals - pretty much the same as a democrat on the issue, in other words.
And yet again we show the world that lawbreakers are given a pass while others wait patiently for their turn to legally to legally immigrate

Old 03-03-2015, 02:48 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,024,582 times
Quote:
And yet again we show the world that lawbreakers are given a pass while others wait patiently for their turn to legally to legally immigrate

whats the point of any laws anymore if he can arbitrarily pick and choose which ones he likes.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:13 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Caves? I call this sanity prevails. This is how governing works, it's called COMPROMISE ... a word that seemingly does not exist in the Tea Party dictionary. You cannot govern effectively unless you compromise.
You do not compromise on the best interests of the American people especially if it harms them. That is not governing effectively. Still obsessing about the Teaparty? Hmm, I thought is was Republicans and Democrats doing the voting?

Old 03-03-2015, 04:15 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I find it funny that what the media has labeled a "clean bill" is anything but-it is the "dirty" one that funds Obama's criminal amnesty. A "clean bill" would have funded everything else, leaving the funding of amnesty for a separate bill.
Exactly!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies