Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 08:08 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times

Advertisements

OP"Religion has no place outside of the home, churches, synagogues, mosques or temples."

Amen.

Signed by this Fordham University grad, who grew up in the RCC.

Not establishing an official religion was the most prudent thing our founding fathers did.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:26 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
Offhand, has anyone considered how many of those people (whatever their number - the poll seems to be picking up a lot more fundamentalist sentiment than most others I've seen) already consider Christianity the national religion? After all, the talking point is "we're a Christian nation", so a lot of people might think Christianity is currently the national religion.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:29 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Christianity is a belief system, deeply important to many, including me. If you have to force someone to believe, to have faith........well, that is meaningless.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
In other words, you have no clue about statistics.

Just for you, here is an explanation on how statistics solved an unknown problem; that of how many German tanks were produced in a given time period in WWII.

Note how much more the statistical estimates were then the ones given by intelligence sources. The statistical method were dealing with a lot of unknowns.

So, you may want to pull in your horns about needing to poll everyone to get relevant information, as you truly do not understand how statistics work.

The German Tank Problem

German tank problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i know how statistics work, i also know how they can be skewed in a variety of ways to make polls say what people want them to say.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:08 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i know how statistics work, i also know how they can be skewed in a variety of ways to make polls say what people want them to say.
In other words, even though I've given you the facts, you choose to believe what you believe. Of course that would be the same with your religion I would surmise.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Up until now, I would have opposed an official national religion.

But with Muslims immigrating here thanks to our anti-American, anti-Christian State Department, it is clear that we must outlaw their religion, and that can only be done by altering the first amendment.

Christianity is the majority religion in the U.S., so Christianity should be the national religion. And Islam should be banned.

I believe Sweden (which liberals regard as a veritable paradise) has an offical national Christian church -- the Church of Sweden -- and people even have to support it by paying a small tax every year.

I don't think anyone would equate officially Christian Sweden with Iran.

The comparison to Iran would be apt only if Sweden continues to accept Muslim refugees who are already making plenty of trouble in that country.

A low Swedish birthrate plus a high Muslim birthrate is endangering Sweden right now.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:48 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,171,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Up until now, I would have opposed an official national religion.

But with Muslims immigrating here thanks to our anti-American, anti-Christian State Department, it is clear that we must outlaw their religion, and that can only be done by altering the first amendment.

Christianity is the majority religion in the U.S., so Christianity should be the national religion. And Islam should be banned.

I believe Sweden (which liberals regard as a veritable paradise) has an offical national Christian church -- the Church of Sweden -- and people even have to support it by paying a small tax every year.

I don't think anyone would equate officially Christian Sweden with Iran.

The comparison to Iran would be apt only if Sweden continues to accept Muslim refugees who are already making plenty of trouble in that country.

A low Swedish birthrate plus a high Muslim birthrate is endangering Sweden right now.
Outlaw Islam? How is this even American in the slightest?

Old 03-05-2015, 01:12 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Outlaw Islam? How is this even American in the slightest?
How is Islam even American in the slightest?

Old 03-05-2015, 01:29 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,171,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
How is Islam even American in the slightest?
How is the outright banning of a religion even American in the slightest? That goes against our 1st Amendment in every sense of the word. Our Founding Fathers came here to ESCAPE religious persecution by a tyrannical majority, and your 'solution' to the Islamic minority is to religiously persecute them? Please reconcile this ridiculous notion.

Last edited by qworldorder; 03-05-2015 at 01:47 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 01:45 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Are these people really this bat crap crazy?
That's one of them there rhetorical questions, ain't it?

I never quite understand why so many conservatives (and virtually all christian fundamentalists) either hate this country so much, or so completely fail to comprehend what it represents. "We love America so much we want to ignore the Constitution and change the country into something we think would be even more American!" It's incredible. They are just incapable of grasping the irreconcilable internal contradictions between what they believe and what they think they believe.

I'm still eagerly awaiting an answer to the question of how christians are being prevented from freely exercising their religion. There's been a strange silence on that one since the assertion was made...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies